Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 80-Phelps 44
Good game Dawgs!!!!
Austin Chafins with 1000 point tonight. Great job young man.
LC have the full roster on hand for this one?
No they did not. Same team that was at Belfry last night.
Nobody talking about Richardsons, 7 for 12 three point shooting last night. Seems pretty dang, good to me:dudecomeon:
Dawgfan123 Wrote:Nobody talking about Richardsons, 7 for 12 three point shooting last night. Seems pretty dang, good to me:dudecomeon:

You know what's pathetic is when parents and coaches worry more about stats than playing team ball and winning games. Also it's pathetic to take numerous contested shots when there are five players on the court all the time that can shoot the ball. I would rather go to Rupp than worry about stats or who has the most pts. It's fine to take open shots cause any player on this team can shoot but when you take contested shots with two and three players guarding you to try and pad your stats then there is a problem. LC coaching staff and players need to get their heads together and do something that's never been done before and that is go to state. It's not an individual sport it's about teamwork and teamwork leads to winning. If anyone is in disagreement go to riherds.com and read stats and how many shots are taken by each player and you decide.
RaisinBran Wrote:You know what's pathetic is when parents and coaches worry more about stats than playing team ball and winning games. Also it's pathetic to take numerous contested shots when there are five players on the court all the time that can shoot the ball. I would rather go to Rupp than worry about stats or who has the most pts. It's fine to take open shots cause any player on this team can shoot but when you take contested shots with two and three players guarding you to try and pad your stats then there is a problem. LC coaching staff and players need to get their heads together and do something that's never been done before and that is go to state. It's not an individual sport it's about teamwork and teamwork leads to winning. If anyone is in disagreement go to riherds.com and read stats and how many shots are taken by each player and you decide.

Going to Rupp? How about winning the district? You blame parents for looking for stats, well you are looking ahead to Rupp when you should be focused on winning a district tourney game to get to the region. That's step #1. Don't forget that.

Secondly, your best players take shots. Your best players get the most shots. That's how it goes, that's how you win. You don't win with role players taking the bulk of your shots because it's very much possible that they won't hit very many and will not score much.

When you talk about "team ball", do you want the starters to have the same amount of shots by the games end? Right now, the sole problem LC is having is that we don't have a true "big man". We have a couple of guys who may be 6'4", but they aren't truly skilled big men like other teams have.

Another huge problem is that Robert Dalton is sick and may be out for several more weeks, or maybe even MONTHS! Timmy Dalton is on his way back, but it may be several more weeks when (or IF) he returns this year. Chaffins has a bum knee injured in the WYMT. Richardson and Kiser are the only two starters playing relative free of injury.

The coaching staff has done pretty good. This is their first year. A new system. New concepts. And to be honest, too many people brainwashed by the last coach and aren't truly buying in to the new coach.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Going to Rupp? How about winning the district? You blame parents for looking for stats, well you are looking ahead to Rupp when you should be focused on winning a district tourney game to get to the region. That's step #1. Don't forget that.

Secondly, your best players take shots. Your best players get the most shots. That's how it goes, that's how you win. You don't win with role players taking the bulk of your shots because it's very much possible that they won't hit very many and will not score much.

When you talk about "team ball", do you want the starters to have the same amount of shots by the games end? Right now, the sole problem LC is having is that we don't have a true "big man". We have a couple of guys who may be 6'4", but they aren't truly skilled big men like other teams have.

Another huge problem is that Robert Dalton is sick and may be out for several more weeks, or maybe even MONTHS! Timmy Dalton is on his way back, but it may be several more weeks when (or IF) he returns this year. Chaffins has a bum knee injured in the WYMT. Richardson and Kiser are the only two starters playing relative free of injury.

The coaching staff has done pretty good. This is their first year. A new system. New concepts. And to be honest, too many people brainwashed by the last coach and aren't truly buying in to the new coach.

I do believe to get to Rupp you have to make it out of districts and regions and that is the goal of most teams and coaches when the season starts. If not then they are playing and coaching for the wrong reasons. That was my point if you read my post. Do the right things. Make the right adjustments. Role players are keys players as well look at black and how he has been stepping up in his role. And unless we are watching different games no one looked injured to me. My point is that it's about team not individuals. It takes five players on the floor to win not one of them can do it by their self or without the help of the key players on the bench . All I'm saying is work the ball around until you have a good shot and don't worry who has most pts, etc
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Going to Rupp? How about winning the district? You blame parents for looking for stats, well you are looking ahead to Rupp when you should be focused on winning a district tourney game to get to the region. That's step #1. Don't forget that.

The brain washing of the other coach had them playing TEAM ball. Put the players in the right spots to do what they did best. Thats called coaching, not brainwashing. Also a thing called defense. LC giving up around 72 points a game!! the new system is pick up basketball at best.
Winners win because of good players losers lose because of coaches.