•  Previous
  • 21(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Clay Coach?
Don't worry about it the admin knows what there doing and they know who they want and everyone will find out soon
You're the guy that brought it up..
From the way it looks they are flying by the seat of their pants, I haven't seen more than one name mentioned on the committee that knows a football from a horse shoe.
Relax guys, the pace will pick up now.
Is there any truth about some candidates dropping out?
What exactly is wrong with naming names? Why a big secret? If its down to three, who are the three? It would be nice to hear the pros and cons of the three who are left.
TheTigersEye Wrote:Is there any truth about some candidates dropping out?

Only one, and he was a long shot.
Dudley? Confusednicker:
Dudley is only a long shot for Whitley!

:lmao:
DarthVader Wrote:Whats got you puzzled about the three?

No I meant just trying to figure out the 3 that are going to be interviewed. :igiveup:
Granny Bear Wrote:Dudley is only a long shot for Whitley!

:lmao:

so you're saying he has a shot at going to Whitley? Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:so you're saying he has a shot at going to Whitley? Confusednicker:

Unless it's too slick or the water's up, Dud can make the trip to Whitley any time he wants too.
And they can KEEP him!!
Clay County is obviously making this way more difficult than it has to be. If Mills is not coming, then give the job to Bert Browne already. Hes by far the best candidate that WANTS the job. Sheesh
I know and want tell. :please: nobody pm me. :Cheerlead
Browne wouldn't be too bad. But the problem with him is he doesn't stay in one place very long. You need someone committed to staying 4 or 5 years to build your program. Browne wouldn't be too concerned with grade school or middle school either as he wasn't at perry. Plus Browne never really impressed me much. Had a lot of talent at perry but didn't use it the right way. But I'm just an old geeser with an opinion...haha
Bert Brown really? Most people laugh at BB and I'm sure and hope he is not considered
fan first Wrote:Bert Brown really? Most people laugh at BB and I'm sure and hope he is not considered

He was the first coach to give Perry Central a winning season and done it three times, he was also the first coach to achieve hosting a home playoff game at PCC. I mean he left justin Haddix a gold mine. Then, he chose to go back home and coach Madison central where he won their first ever district title. He is known for turning programs around, so please justify your reason for laughing at this man. I'll wait.
Okay, we get it you're a Bert Brown homer, Can we all get Bert Brown is back in town t-shirts and turn our hats backwards if he gets the job?... That's just some of the reasons that I laugh at the guy personally. Seems to do a mediocre job though, nothing great, which is about all that anybody that's been mentioned on here does.
DarthVader Wrote:Okay, we get it you're a Bert Brown homer, Can we all get Bert Brown is back in town t-shirts and turn our hats backwards if he gets the job?... That's just some of the reasons that I laugh at the guy personally. Seems to do a mediocre job though, nothing great, which is about all that anybody that's been mentioned on here does.

Haha!:biglmao: touché
Browne may have had some winning seasons at perry but did not do what it took to build a program. Didn't worry about the middle school program or grade school. That's why I think he was mediocre plus he had the talent there and didn't do anything with it. I still think the young combs guy would do a great job. I'm from Breathitt so I'm gonna go for him. Seen him play and seen him come to Jackson and beat us twice. Both times with teams that had less athletic ability. Does a wonderful job game planning if you ask me. He is young is the worry. But I still think he would do a great job after being part of holcombs program and coaching under chapman. He treats his players great too. I saw a lot of breathitt players hugging him after magoffin beat them for the district title. Says a a lot when the opposing team still has that much respect for you. For the most part he is 1 and 1 as a head coach. Win against breathitt in the playoffs at pike central and a loss to belfry in the regional finals. Everybody loses to belfry anyways.
i believe he put the hurt on you all. If I remember my friend from hazard said it was a beat down!!!!!!!
Bert and Ernie show Never lol
You're friend from Hazard is wrong, Bert has a 2-3 record against the Mighty Tiger Machine, Ernie might have been a little better. He's kinda like Stallone in Over the Top when that hat turns around backwards. Too many sports agents on here haha.
Clays New Years resolution should be fire all committee members, because they are not coming up with a solution. 2 months is too long to put a team on the backburner. No other team sits for 2 months, and football is the most physically demanding of them all. If a coach doesn't know by now if he wants to come, even if it is the guy I think we need, make his decision for him.
DarthVader Wrote:You're friend from Hazard is wrong, Bert has a 2-3 record against the Mighty Tiger Machine, Ernie might have been a little better. He's kinda like Stallone in Over the Top when that hat turns around backwards. Too many sports agents on here haha.

not talking about clay that was for the Breathitt co. bobcats! perry put the beat down on them the only year he played them and Breathitt was loaded. and bobcatfan if you are getting beat by Magoffin you have deep problems. and correct me if I am wrong but aren't those the years Zach played qb that you are talking about his record against clay? I think that kid put a hurting on a lot of teams!!! GREAT PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!:worthy:
Bird Wrote:Clays New Years resolution should be fire all committee members, because they are not coming up with a solution. 2 months is too long to put a team on the backburner. No other team sits for 2 months, and football is the most physically demanding of them all. If a coach doesn't know by now if he wants to come, even if it is the guy I think we need, make his decision for him.

I get your frustration; I really do!! But have you ever been on a hiring committee?? It's difficult to say the least, and frustrating its' own right.

I'm anxious for a decision to be made, and hope it will be soon. As far as the team sitting for 2 months, they can hit the weight room without a coach. If they are "sitting" right now, then there are more issues that no head coach, IMO.
Granny Bear Wrote:I get your frustration; I really do!! But have you ever been on a hiring committee?? It's difficult to say the least, and frustrating its' own right.

I'm anxious for a decision to be made, and hope it will be soon. As far as the team sitting for 2 months, they can hit the weight room without a coach. If they are "sitting" right now, then there are more issues that no head coach, IMO.
I sometimes think the process has been to long Granny B. But the more I think about it I think all the people involved are really wanting to make sure the hire is the right one. It very important to the community as one can see by all these post. From all reports the admin and comittee are really doing one professional job.
Gosh did I give someone credit. Think the new year made me wiser...Prolly not!:biglmao:
When will they be sure TC? Finally getting their guy in mid January, if they are lucky, then him putting a staff together by mid February. Time is of the essence. Physically, our players are years behind kids who have came thru a football program with solid weight room personnel. That was the reason for all the injuries last season IMO.
Granny, IMO the players are not coming back out yet because they don't want to commit themselves not knowing who they are committing to. These kids have seen guys that played 10 years quit as Seniors, over what most agree was fueled by ex coaches. You all are blessed in Harlan to have Larkey, someone that kids buy into. Here in Clay, we haven't had that in 20+ years, I guess it might be hard to understand unless you have witnessed it.
Bird Wrote:When will they be sure TC? Finally getting their guy in mid January, if they are lucky, then him putting a staff together by mid February. Time is of the essence. Physically, our players are years behind kids who have came thru a football program with solid weight room personnel. That was the reason for all the injuries last season IMO.
Granny, IMO the players are not coming back out yet because they don't want to commit themselves not knowing who they are committing to. These kids have seen guys that played 10 years quit as Seniors, over what most agree was fueled by ex coaches. You all are blessed in Harlan to have Larkey, someone that kids buy into. Here in Clay, we haven't had that in 20+ years, I guess it might be hard to understand unless you have witnessed it.
Man you must really hate the former staff or someone on it. Usually in football, the ones who quit, hate the coach and the ones who stay love him. ACL injuries aren't caused by a lack of lifting. Jacob Reid, strong as an ox is an example. The former staff and players worked like dogs in the weight room. Tom Larkey is a personal friend of mine and his weight lifting guy is one of my BEST friends. They lost 16 starters last year because of injuries, kids moving, kids quitting. They won 2 games. God bless you and your family.
  •  Previous
  • 21(current)
  • Next