Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardest Hitting Teams From The Mountains
blackcat Wrote:2001 Blackcats, plain and simple, teams were afraid to play them.

hmmmmmmm? Tongueirate04:
JCRunningMachine#17 Wrote:I am friends with some of the guys at Paintsville, and no offense to them but they just aren't a hard hitting team. Maybe a hard hitting team in 1A. THe hardest hitting team I eveer faced was no doubt Mason County.

the 05 team didnt hit that hard, but in the past paintsville had some really hard hitting teams.
With the Virginia Tech style Defense that Coach Saunders is putting in at Shelby Valley..I would look for Valley to crack a few skulls on defense next year.
True about valley they are ready to hit next year! PROMISE TO ALL!
I have personally talked to jimmy chaffin last night and told him what was going on in this thread he was quik to say that he was kicked on the sideline and has film to prove it but he also said he didnt think that was what broke his hip and that he didnt blame the guy for kicking him. He said it just made him realize that they wanted to rough him up maybe rattle him to lower his playing ability. But the type of kid he is he wouldnt blame anybody and i dont think would be rattled. Im glad that got cleared up.
Dont Take It Away! Wrote:I have personally talked to jimmy chaffin last night and told him what was going on in this thread he was quik to say that he was kicked on the sideline and has film to prove it but he also said he didnt think that was what broke his hip and that he didnt blame the guy for kicking him. He said it just made him realize that they wanted to rough him up maybe rattle him to lower his playing ability. But the type of kid he is he wouldnt blame anybody and i dont think would be rattled. Im glad that got cleared up.

Didn't think it broke his hip?? Well I'm glad you got that cleared up since it was killing you so bad anyways.
WAS NOT GOING TO BRING THIS UP, BUT SINCE WE ARE TALKIG ABOUT TEAMS IN THE PAST, AND NOT JUST THE PRESENT, THE HARDEST HITTING TEAM THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN WAS THE OLD LYNCH TEAMS FROM 1970-1972. I PERSONALLY SAW THEM LAY SOME HITS ON PEOPLE THAT WERE DOWN RIGHT "NASTY" :CE_DP_Ste Confusedalute:
Fleming Neon never cared to hit ya............
yea they were some hard hitters
yeah i played against neon from 90-93 and those teams would punish you for 48 minutes, especially the 90 and 91 teams, and it sucked even worse when you played on that ****dump they called a field. Get your helmet cracked, then peel the glass and rocks out of your legs. Those old Elkhorn City teams could hit too.
TATE_64 Wrote:Fleming Neon never cared to hit ya............
This year's hard hitters should be interesting.
Belfry!!! :Hammer3: They will hammer you!!!
Anyone on here remember the hit that Fred Dean from Lawrence County laid on the QB from Greenup County some years back? That is still the nastiest hit I have ever seen in High School Football.
Breathitt, Belfry, Bell, Prestonsburg......most mountain teams that are competitive enjoy hitting hard IMO.
johnson central had about 10 players who could lay a lick on yeah
not lawernce they have lost a lot of good kids i hope that they disapoint me
Lawrence is on the rise, and the town is really excited.
Lynn Camp. Hey they don't call us the hitmen for nothing
SVHSFootball Wrote:With the Virginia Tech style Defense that Coach Saunders is putting in at Shelby Valley..I would look for Valley to crack a few skulls on defense next year.
A "style" of defense does not make for "hard" "hitting" IMO, it takes a certain mindset and talant as well as the style to put the players in the positions to hit someone.....also, VT has the athletes to play that style of attacking ddefense, I think that teams will rack up a lot of yards against SV if they truely are trying this style of defense with the talant they have.
easternkysportsguru Wrote:Anyone on here remember the hit that Fred Dean from Lawrence County laid on the QB from Greenup County some years back? That is still the nastiest hit I have ever seen in High School Football.
Fred Dean was the biggest hiter I guess that I have seen in high school but I only have watched Lawrence and who ever they might be playing at the time but when Fred played I was just in AH at how he would just explode on some body I would love to have another guy like him on the team because a guy like that will set the tone for the whole team.:theman:
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:I would like to see this top five list play Conner. I think it would be very interesting to see which team was bleeding out of their ears first.

Also--why do we always narrow everything down to the mountains? There is life outside of EKY.
Because we hope that the NKY arrogance will not seep its way in here when we say mountains.
paintsville will kill you
Morgan Co will put a slobberknocker on 'ya.....
sheldon clark is a hard hitting team
ShakeandBake Wrote:paintsville is the HARDEST HITTING team in the mountains or state.

Yea Right
Belfry can lay a mean hit!