• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 2015
The Colonels showed improvement while running a new style of offense under coach Jason Chappell in his first year at Whitley County.I know they have to hit the weights hard to work up to stronger line play ,but what will they do besides that during the off season to get better for next season? will the whole current staff remain intact? will they add any coaches?
Luke Woods returning is a good start, look for the Colonels t take another step forward...
OldJacket Wrote:Luke Woods returning is a good start, look for the Colonels t take another step forward...

Luke is a great athlete for sure. I wonder what kind of talent they have coming in from the middle school and if they have other young quarterback prospects.
Im going to guess Luke will throw for 2000 yards next year and run for a 1000 so long as we fix the line problems.

Whitley opens up with Corbin at home. First time the two have played in 30 years. That alone is enough to be excited about for next year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im going to guess Luke will throw for 2000 yards next year and run for a 1000 so long as we fix the line problems.

Whitley opens up with Corbin at home. First time the two have played in 30 years. That alone is enough to be excited about for next year.

the line is the main concern. maybe they'll find some giants by next year so they can be competitive with Corbin :biglmao:
pjdoug Wrote:the line is the main concern. maybe they'll find some giants by next year so they can be competitive with Corbin :biglmao:

Corbin may struggle some early next year as they will lose 6 starters on defense, including the entire defensive backfield, so Woods may light them up. They do return their top 4 defensive linemen though. They will have to replace both RB's, the QB, 2 offensive linemen and their top receiver as well.

Whitley really improved last year and I expect more from them this year, so if they can beat Corbin in the opener, they may get on a roll.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Corbin may struggle some early next year as they will lose 6 starters on defense, including the entire defensive backfield, so Woods may light them up. They do return their top 4 defensive linemen though. They will have to replace both RB's, the QB, 2 offensive linemen and their top receiver as well.

Whitley really improved last year and I expect more from them this year, so if they can beat Corbin in the opener, they may get on a roll.

I think it's a pretty important game to get started out on the right foot but Corbin has been consistently beating Whitley at the frosh level. I think some of that has to do with the fact that Whitley has been playing a lot of young kids strictly on varsity so I don't know how much of a concern it should be. If Whitleys line can give Woods time he may have a field day passing the ball. If not Whitley will be forced to grind it out with some unproven backs. I look for a competetive game at the very least
Who will Luke throw to next year? Didn't Whitley graduate several receivers? Woods is the real deal and just seems to will things to happen.
They will be fine at receiver with Johnson and Rose. Only lost 2 from this years team and one had a season ending injury mid-season. I look for them to be much improved in 2015.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Corbin may struggle some early next year as they will lose 6 starters on defense, including the entire defensive backfield, so Woods may light them up. They do return their top 4 defensive linemen though. They will have to replace both RB's, the QB, 2 offensive linemen and their top receiver as well.

the line and defense was weak for Whitley.hopefully they can solidify that.
E's Army Wrote:Who will Luke throw to next year? Didn't Whitley graduate several receivers? Woods is the real deal and just seems to will things to happen.

Whitley graduates most of their receiving corps,and have a lot of young unproven receivers.I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens Smile
Why put Fletcher in on that last drive?
PaytoPlay Wrote:Why put Fletcher in on that last drive?

:gtfo:Confusednicker:
Under Chappell, the Colonels will be better. Didn't know woods was coming back. He's great for the program. I wonder if Knox will play them next year? That game will be great.
^
Yea, Woods was just a junior, imagine how much better Whitley would have been had Mills not transferred. That was the same 8th grade bunch that played Pulaski in the 8th grade state title game and we know what PC was able to do this year.

I believe they loss their whole o-line as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Corbin
@ Middlesboro
Bell County
@ West Jessamine
Open
@ South Laurel
@ North Laurel
Letcher Central
Harlan County
@ Perry Central
Leslie County
panther nation Wrote:I believe they loss their whole o-line as well.

Wrong only 2 grad.
Where did Mills go to?
bac2369 Wrote:Where did Mills go to?

Hoosier country
What does Whitley return on the Oline and Dline...
pjdoug Wrote:Luke is a great athlete for sure. I wonder what kind of talent they have coming in from the middle school and if they have other young quarterback prospects.

Hmmm...I didn't think you believed in feeder programs...

Confusedhh:
Mills was a great receiver out of the backfield as well. Im being honest when I say had he stayed, I think Whitley wins around 2 or 3 more games this past season.

Ive heard hes doing very well up there. Even got to see a little film on him playing.
pjdougie I have a scheduling suggestion. They need to get McCreary Central on there at least 4/5 times a year. That way maybe, just maybe they can get over .500.
OldJacket Wrote:What does Whitley return on the Oline and Dline...

I think they only lost a couple.
This was there biggest weakness last year. Got to improve on line play and on defense.
Normally beating Corbin would be a big deal for the tri county teams- but given what the Redhounds have to replace I expect them to take some lumps early on. The opportunity could not be better for Whitley to notch a W against the hounds. Not that I'm complaining that Corbin will be down, but there is some major reloading to do when you lose 19 or so seniors.
The Spread Wrote:Normally beating Corbin would be a big deal for the tri county teams- but given what the Redhounds have to replace I expect them to take some lumps early on. The opportunity could not be better for Whitley to notch a W against the hounds. Not that I'm complaining that Corbin will be down, but there is some major reloading to do when you lose 19 or so seniors.
I agree and I think Whitley playing Corbin early is a advantage for the Colonels...
OldJacket Wrote:I agree and I think Whitley playing Corbin early is a advantage for the Colonels...

Most Definitely. Being a Redhound fan, my hope is that we come out firing on all cylinders. But that was an awful good football team that lost to Central, and there are a lot of holes to fill especially at the skill positions. Coppock, Taylor and Nantz all gone, among many others.
The Spread Wrote:Most Definitely. Being a Redhound fan, my hope is that we come out firing on all cylinders. But that was an awful good football team that lost to Central, and there are a lot of holes to fill especially at the skill positions. Coppock, Taylor and Nantz all gone, among many others.

Whatever happened to the Powers kid? He was such a talented player in middle school, then seemed disappear.
The Spread Wrote:Normally beating Corbin would be a big deal for the tri county teams- but given what the Redhounds have to replace I expect them to take some lumps early on. The opportunity could not be better for Whitley to notch a W against the hounds. Not that I'm complaining that Corbin will be down, but there is some major reloading to do when you lose 19 or so seniors.

Corbin 2 platooned. Had 20 seniors 80 on roster. Whitley had 10 seniors with about 48 finishing season, AND Corbin was underfeated in freshman and JV. Add 14 Jrs to and undefeated JV and add undefeated JV to a undefeated Freshman team adds up to good team to me.
  • 1(current)
  • Next