Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland Defense 06
who do you think will start in 06 and will they stand up to the recent defense before
DT: Travis Gallaher (Senior, 2 year starter)
DT: Michael Walters (Senior)
DE: Jeremy Nethercutt (Junior/significant playing time)
DE: Brian Salyers (Senior/significant playing time)
ILB: Fields Davis (Senior, 2 year starter, 2nd team all-state)
ILB: Cordell Earl (Junior)
M/R: Numerous posibilities as these 2 positions. I'm not too familiar with many of the young guys but I have heard word of Michael Tussey and Justin Castle for starters
M/R: I've also heard that Josh Bailey will be coming out to play football his senior season and will be looking at playing this position. If he gets bigger, and commits to football like he has track this season, he may make some noise here. He lacks experience and knowledge though.
CB: Drew McDavid (3 year starter, 2nd team all-state)
CB: Matt Thomas (3 year player/starter)
FS: Luke Bonner (1 year starter/leading tackler last season)
cordell earl started playing defensive end because he said LB was to hard
I think they are staying away from starting anyone both way thats the only reason I don't think walters will start DT. l
Fields Davis one hard hitting rock.
Tomcat68 Wrote:DT: Travis Gallaher (Senior, 2 year starter)
DT: Michael Walters (Senior)
DE: Jeremy Nethercutt (Junior/significant playing time)
DE: Brian Salyers (Senior/significant playing time)
ILB: Fields Davis (Senior, 2 year starter, 2nd team all-state)
ILB: Cordell Earl (Junior)
M/R: Numerous posibilities as these 2 positions. I'm not too familiar with many of the young guys but I have heard word of Michael Tussey and Justin Castle for starters
M/R: I've also heard that Josh Bailey will be coming out to play football his senior season and will be looking at playing this position. If he gets bigger, and commits to football like he has track this season, he may make some noise here. He lacks experience and knowledge though.
CB: Drew McDavid (3 year starter, 2nd team all-state)
CB: Matt Thomas (3 year player/starter)
FS: Luke Bonner (1 year starter/leading tackler last season)

I agree besides that i heard cordell was moving to DE, and also i dont see Lacey Snodgrasses name, or Josh Cordles anyhwere on there? Not saying cordle will satrt, because there is alot of depth at LB such as Davis,Cordle,Tussy,Poplin, and Salisbury.
Cats will be tough as always.
Lacy was supposed to start DT last year but they didn't think he could play both ways
i look for them to put lacy in this year
I think Aaron Erwin or Ryan Rigsby will stepp up and play DT
Degree Wrote:i look for them to put lacy in this year

He will be playing in as well as from starting at O to ended up on D as well. He is healthy this year after comming off of coller bone injury. the ashland squad will be reloaded this year. :king:
Dt: Gallaher, erwin, or Dillon
De: salyers, bartram
Lb:davis and cordle ( I look for any one to step up here)
monster/Rover: Hall and Thomas
Fs: Bonner
Cb: Mcdavid and Duncan or Burns
castle will be playing Lb too.