Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damien Harris to play in first round of playoffs
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I agree with the bolded, but when you have the best running back in the country on your team, it adds a whole new dynamic to the game, you HAVE to plan to outscore them, because you know Harris will get his yards if he's at 100%. I think Letcher can win, but I think Harris will be too much in the end.

True, but don't be surprised if Whitley beats North either. North hasn't had to stop the pass all year. It will be different for them. I just hope its good enough weather for Whitley to run there offense efficiently. When its not, they usually lose. They also cant spot North 20 points like they've been doing for the last 3 weeks.

I think Letcher is very capable of beating MS with or without Harris, but as I said before, id rather play North than play MS with a healthy Harris.
FarristownFlyer Wrote:Hear me out...Madison Southern has had more than Damien Harris hurt...a lot more...Madison Southern has been playing freshman for the last 6 games. They are getting healthy outside of Damien coming back. Damien carried the ball 2 times against SW Pulaski and only lost by 2. Yes Pulaski beat them soundly and that game was in hand by the time Hall was hurt. I'm telling you right now Madison Southern as the DARKHORSE for the 5A state title. It's sort of a long shot, but not out of reach.

You are wishful thinking:dudecomeon:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:True, but don't be surprised if Whitley beats North either. North hasn't had to stop the pass all year. It will be different for them. I just hope its good enough weather for Whitley to run there offense efficiently. When its not, they usually lose. They also cant spot North 20 points like they've been doing for the last 3 weeks.

I think Letcher is very capable of beating MS with or without Harris, but as I said before, id rather play North than play MS with a healthy Harris.

Go Colonels:Cheerlead
The only way southern has a chance to win a state championship is if they run 60 plays a game and harris carries it 60 times a game.
cctiger Wrote:The only way southern has a chance to win a state championship is if they run 60 plays a game and harris carries it 60 times a game.

and they still have no chance.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:True, but don't be surprised if Whitley beats North either. North hasn't had to stop the pass all year. It will be different for them. I just hope its good enough weather for Whitley to run there offense efficiently. When its not, they usually lose. They also cant spot North 20 points like they've been doing for the last 3 weeks.

I don't doubt the bolded a bit, I honestly don't know much about NL, but if they can't stop the pass then Woods is going to have a career day, hopefully you guys have a dry field, I know how it is trying to run a spread in a mud bowl, it don't work. Personally, I feel with this news, that Whitley really benefited from not winning the district.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I don't doubt the bolded a bit, I honestly don't know much about NL, but if they can't stop the pass then Woods is going to have a career day, hopefully you guys have a dry field, I know how it is trying to run a spread in a mud bowl, it don't work. Personally, I feel with this news, that Whitley really benefited from not winning the district.

supposed to be cold with a chance of rain Friday :yikes:. the field should be in pretty good shape though.it hasn't been played on much since Whitley County has only had 3 home games this year.
If Harris playes Madison Southern wins by at least 2 scores If he dont Letcher wins by a TD he makes them a 3 TD better team..Madison outhern played better competion all year and it will show friday night. It will be close if he dont play Letcher should win a close game If he playes he rush for about 250 and 5 TDS
FarristownFlyer Wrote:Hear me out...Madison Southern has had more than Damien Harris hurt...a lot more...Madison Southern has been playing freshman for the last 6 games. They are getting healthy outside of Damien coming back. Damien carried the ball 2 times against SW Pulaski and only lost by 2. Yes Pulaski beat them soundly and that game was in hand by the time Hall was hurt. I'm telling you right now Madison Southern as the DARKHORSE for the 5A state title. It's sort of a long shot, but not out of reach.

Oh My!!:zzz: 1st they have to beat a Mike Halcomb coached team, at Letcher Central. No Easy Task:truestory:
pjdoug Wrote:supposed to be cold with a chance of rain Friday :yikes:. the field should be in pretty good shape though.it hasn't been played on much since Whitley County has only had 3 home games this year.
Only 3 home games? Wow.

I don't think Harris, will be as effective coming off this type of injury as some of you seem to think. I have some experience with this type injury and you are always thinking about trying to protect yourself, it will hamper your natural ability & what you have done with a healthy leg. I have seen North play a lot this season & I have seen them defend against the pass, SW and Pulaski both passed & they have the personnel to defend against that I believe. Weather man I saw this AM was saying rain/snow mix for game time. I saw NL play in a mess (total washout type rain @ Lincoln Co) , it didn't slow them down. It may be to their advantage if it does rain/snow. It will sure mess up a passing game if we get the weather they are forecasting for Friday night. Confusedtrom:
Cellking Wrote:Oh My!!:zzz: 1st they have to beat a Mike Halcomb coached team, at Letcher Central. No Easy Task:truestory:

I'm not saying the game will be easy...I think if Damien plays its gonna be a two score game.
pjdoug Wrote:supposed to be cold with a chance of rain Friday :yikes:. the field should be in pretty good shape though.it hasn't been played on much since Whitley County has only had 3 home games this year.

Weather is calling for 60% chance of snow here.
jamesdeane Wrote:Only 3 home games? Wow.

Yes.only 3.
Tight End Wrote:I don't think Harris, will be as effective coming off this type of injury as some of you seem to think. I have some experience with this type injury and you are always thinking about trying to protect yourself, it will hamper your natural ability & what you have done with a healthy leg. I have seen North play a lot this season & I have seen them defend against the pass, SW and Pulaski both passed & they have the personnel to defend against that I believe. Weather man I saw this AM was saying rain/snow mix for game time. I saw NL play in a mess (total washout type rain @ Lincoln Co) , it didn't slow them down. It may be to their advantage if it does rain/snow. It will sure mess up a passing game if we get the weather they are forecasting for Friday night. Confusedtrom:

South Laurel was able to pass and run against North.
some of you try to pump South up to be much improved but they are still weak.
pjdoug Wrote:South Laurel was able to pass and run against North.

Any team can have a bad game, I considered them to be off in that game. They defended well against Pulaski and SW was the point I was making. So, they can defend against it - they have the personnel to do it, with a good game. :football::football::football:
]

pjdoug Wrote:some of you try to pump South up to be much improved but they are still weak.

What I said was, they were the best team for their poor record I had seen this season. I was surprised, of course NL had a bad game against them, they played well enough to win, but they came out flat for some reason in that game.

Someone said earlier, there were not any really spectacular teams in Kentucky this year & after following some of them & reading up on others, I am about to agree with that statement!

I personally think many of these teams are capable of being beat by one that happens to have a excellent game but not such a great record. :Hungry:
Tight End Wrote:]

What I said was, they were the best team for their poor record I had seen this season. I was surprised, of course NL had a bad game against them, they played well enough to win, but they came out flat for some reason in that game.

Someone said earlier, there were not any really spectacular teams in Kentucky this year & after following some of them & reading up on others, I am about to agree with that statement!

I personally think many of these teams are capable of being beat by one that happens to have a excellent game but not such a great record. :Hungry:

I agree with that and think that Kentucky high school football overall is weaker than usual.,and some teams are not as strong as their fans would have you to believe. We could see a lot of surprises in the playoffs.
seems like i have Hi-jacked this thread and didn't mean to.I feel like I'm in the twilight zone Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:seems like i have Hi-jacked this thread and didn't mean to.I feel like I'm in the twilight zone Confusednicker:

I feel ya' man! After being out of the country for 2 yrs and being out of high school football for even a bit longer than that, I've heard that 'twilight zone' music in my head in the background at times trying to get caught up with everything that has been going on for 6-7 yrs. in Kentucky HS football! Been fun catching up on here, glad someone told me about this forum & I had it to check things out on. Good job folks that put this together & moderators you are doing a bang up job!! Good luck to all the teams in the playoff's, going to be some fun things to talk about coming up!! :High5:
Wonder if any college coaches will be there?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Surely to see how that leg is holding up off an injury.
Going to be something. Most likely the most people to come watch a football game since game one in 2005 when we played our first game. Hope our concessions got enough food.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Anyone Reckon Mark Stoops comes to watch this game..
bac2369 Wrote:Anyone Reckon Mark Stoops comes to watch this game..

I sort of doubt it. He has enough problems right now of his own getting that UK ship of kitties righted so they don't get wet by not getting into the post season. That last loss to Missou HAD to have hurt his feelings a little. But, you never know..........he could show up I guess.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Wonder if any college coaches will be there?

very likely
Gonna be a cold one...God I love this time of the year!
cougarpride08 Wrote:Going to be something. Most likely the most people to come watch a football game since game one in 2005 when we played our first game. Hope our concessions got enough food.

I got good hot chocolate at Letcher County before but the last time I was there I didn't see any .what's the problem? Smile
I will send a pm to a booster. It really haven't been that cold, and this being the first home playoff in a while, they might have it this week. Also it is WYMT game of the week.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!