Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. Harrison County 4A Playoffs, 1st Round 11/7
The Thorobreds of Harrison County will make their third straight trip to Johnsonville in as many seasons to play The Golden Eagles in the 1st round of the 4A football playoffs.

JC leads the All-Time series 2-0
2012: @ Johnson Central 68-14 (4A Playoffs, 1st Round)
2013: @ Johnson Central 77-13 (4A Playoffs, 1st Round)

Harrison County has had a tough season having to play Highlands and Covington Catholic in district play and a frontrunner for the 1A state title in Williamsburg.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
More of the same. JC running clock early.
I think Johnson Central will take this one easily.

Any funky music Pulp, or did Belfry's game wear you plumb out??
Confusednicker:
Johnsonville 49-0
Granny Bear Wrote:I think Johnson Central will take this one easily.

Any funky music Pulp, or did Belfry's game wear you plumb out??
Confusednicker:

Wore out.... Never Granny Bear Never!!!!

If you were a JC fan... I would play "Grandma Got Ran Over By a Reindeer" in the playoffs. And make sure the PA annoucer gave you a special dedication :biggrin:

:biglmao: Confusednicker:
Or get a bunch of clips by Daisy Moses from The Beverly Hillbillies.......

If Harlan County was called for a penalty....... "What in tarnation is goin on?"

[Image: https://magdalenaperks.files.wordpress.c...=450&h=426]

Big Grin
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Or get a bunch of clips by Daisy Moses from The Beverly Hillbillies.......

If Harlan County was called for a penalty....... "What in tarnation is goin on?"

[Image: https://magdalenaperks.files.wordpress.c...=450&h=426]

Big Grin

Confusednicker:
Eagles BIG
JC...a whole big bunc of points
HC....not so much
Real real bad deal for Harris county. Johnson Central by as many as they please.

JC- 60

Harrison- Maybe 10
Harrison County!!
Harrison County by 6!!
Is there any Harrison County fans on here.....

What is type of offense/defense do they run?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Is there any Harrison County fans on here.....

What is type of offense/defense do they run?

Judging by their records...ones that don't work so good.

Lot of reps for the young guys Friday night. Just don't get anyone else hurt.
Diogenes Wrote:Judging by their records...ones that don't work so good.

Lot of reps for the young guys Friday night. Just don't get anyone else hurt.

Confusednicker::thatsfunn

In all seriousness, if I'm an up and coming football coach who is charismatic, I'd love the HC position at that school. Talent there to be respectable, but the biggest mistake they've made in the last decade was letting go of the Jackson guy (I think?) that was coaching them, the Belfry alum. Should have left him alone, let him develop the feeder and Little League system, and they would have been a tough 4A out for anyone, and a good rival for Johnson Central. But it won't happen until the administrators make a commitment to being good in something besides just baseball.
PHSForever Wrote:Confusednicker::thatsfunn

In all seriousness, if I'm an up and coming football coach who is charismatic, I'd love the HC position at that school. Talent there to be respectable, but the biggest mistake they've made in the last decade was letting go of the Jackson guy (I think?) that was coaching them, the Belfry alum. Should have left him alone, let him develop the feeder and Little League system, and they would have been a tough 4A out for anyone, and a good rival for Johnson Central. But it won't happen until the administrators make a commitment to being good in something besides just baseball.

Harrison County has a great wrestling program as well.....
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Harrison County has a great wrestling program as well.....
Which of course, kinda proves my point. What's the overhead cost for administering a wrestling program? Less than for baseball. And football is paying the bills based off attendance, most likely. I think it's fair to compare them to UK, really. Football paid the bills while others saw some glory. Just a fact of life in hs sports, football will almost always be the moneymaker for a school. Even with the overhead of pads, helmets, etc. While I'm loathe to do so, I will give Johnson Central props, they seem to support all of their sports very well. You see the results. Strong wrestling, strong football, always strong baseball and basketball, and had some good years in volleyball, and even swimming. Had a swimmer sign with Vanderbilt a couple years ago.
JC should let the healthy starters rack up a couple of scores, then start emptying the bench. Give the kids who never see the field a chance to experience playoff football and give you banged and beaten kids a chance to rest up before next week when things get serious. This final is only limited by how many kids JC wants to put in the scoring column.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
257 North Mayo Trail
Paintsville, KY 41240

^^^^^^ This is the address to the high school. JC's football field is directly behind the school building. There is plenty of parking between the high school, middle school and the mayo plaza (adjacent to the school property).

If you are planning on attending and it's your first time visiting Johnsonville, we have the usual fast food establishments... McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, Arby's, SubWay. We also have a pretty good mexican restaurant about 1/2 mile from the school called Fiesta Place. There is also a Ponderosa steak house about the same distance from the school.
Here is an overhead shot from GoogleMaps of JC's complex.
Sorry for the image size, I don't have the best software to work with where I'm at right now.

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/att...1415210532]
Can you dig it? Wrote:JC should let the healthy starters rack up a couple of scores, then start emptying the bench. Give the kids who never see the field a chance to experience playoff football and give you banged and beaten kids a chance to rest up before next week when things get serious. This final is only limited by how many kids JC wants to put in the scoring column.

That is likely exactly what you'll see. The game plan will be extremely vanilla, also, with maybe a random wrinkle thrown in here and there just to give CCH something else to worry about...
Next time I'm at Johnson Central, Pulp, I want you to play "It's The Little Old Lady From Pasadena"......Beach Boys, I believe.....the chorus is nothing but...Go Granny Go Granny Go Granny Go!!!

Confusednicker:

FYI...the word "tarnation" has never been uttered by me!!!
Does Harrison County stay in 4A next year or move up or down? If they stay in 4A life will get a little better because Covington Catholic and Highland will move to 5A.
Granny Bear Wrote:Next time I'm at Johnson Central, Pulp, I want you to play "It's The Little Old Lady From Pasadena"......Beach Boys, I believe.....the chorus is nothing but...Go Granny Go Granny Go Granny Go!!!
Confusednicker:

You got it.... :Thumbs: :thumpsup:

And as far as "tarnation" goes... Isn't the word tarnation is somewhere in the Harlan County anthem. Confusednicker: :biglmao:
Greyhound Wrote:Does Harrison County stay in 4A next year or move up or down? If they stay in 4A life will get a little better because Covington Catholic and Highland will move to 5A.

They stay in 4A. Scott and Grant County get to be mizable again, right?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Granny Bear Wrote:Next time I'm at Johnson Central, Pulp, I want you to play "It's The Little Old Lady From Pasadena"......Beach Boys, I believe.....the chorus is nothing but...Go Granny Go Granny Go Granny Go!!!

Confusednicker:

Jan and Dean, not the Beach Boys.:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Johnson Central - 58

Harrison County - 7
Can you dig it? Wrote:They stay in 4A. Scott and Grant County get to be mizable again, right?

Correcting myself. Scott stays in 4A. Dixie is in 5A with Highlands, CovCath and Grant.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KyRock Wrote:Harrison County!!

:Thumbs::rockon:

Confusednicker:

:dontthink