Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DuPont Manual @ McCracken County
#4 Manual vs. #1 McCracken
How many times do you see a 4 seed ranked higher than a 1 seed?
McCracken has two better wins than Manual, but Manual has played the deeper schedule.
Thoughts/Predictions?
When Manuals star running back Michael Nero tore his ACL early in the season, it all but ended Manual's state championship hopes. If he would have stayed healthy, that whole super district would have been turned upside down. I still think they will get by McCracken County this week. It's the best 1st round game in the state!
Should be a dandy wrap up to Orville's first year at the consolidated helm.
:dudecomeonConfusedecond year......But hey after 40 who's counting..LOL
If McCracken is healthy, they win this one. I don't know the status on Hughes or Jones. I also don't know if they have yet gotten their receiver back that went down in the Mayfield game. If those three components are near 100%, and having homefield, they will win.
mysonis55 Wrote:If McCracken is healthy, they win this one. I don't know the status on Hughes or Jones. I also don't know if they have yet gotten their receiver back that went down in the Mayfield game. If those three components are near 100%, and having homefield, they will win.
Depends which mccracken shows up, the one that played well against southaven, and mayfield or the one that has been lackluster in many other games. Just fyi southaven has only lost 1 other game, and it was to south panola who is number 2 in Ms overall, and also number 2 in class 6a, they are ranked top 25 in the nation, and southaven only list by 11. Not bad for a team everyone keeps claiming ain't that good.
McCracken by 1. I'm taking 55's word on this one.
E's Army Wrote:McCracken by 1. I'm taking 55's word on this one.

He has you confused, he is playing both sides of the fence. Check out 55's picks in this weeks prediction thread he picked manuel
Manual by 14
Kinda like MayfieldCardinal did at breakfast Friday. You know, pick 1 team by 3 scores and then say, "but I fully expect to win".
mysonis55 Wrote:Kinda like MayfieldCardinal did at breakfast Friday. You know, pick 1 team by 3 scores and then say, "but I fully expect to win".

Go DuPont Manuals:Cheerlead:biglmao:
Surely 55 didn't pick against McCracken after singing their praises all year. This is a 1 vs 4 game.
E's Army Wrote:Surely 55 didn't pick against McCracken after singing their praises all year. This is a 1 vs 4 game.

Dupont Manuel ain't your typical 4 seed. Southaven is a better team than Manuel, but mccracken ain't played a single good game since then, with maybe the exception of the Henderson game, and mccracken had there superstars setting out that game, so they have still not yet played a good game with there best players on the field. I'm thinking maybe there are some that is being cancerous to the team.
Hold up wait a minute...

A year ago all I heard was, fear the Cracken. The stage has been set. And don't tell me there's a sense of back peddling because a big bad super district school stands before them.

Good luck to McCracken County, believe in yourselves, and maybe we cross paths down the road. Believing in the Mustangs success!!!

:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Dupont Manual has been through a gauntlet and battle tested for sure. are they healthy?
Spirit100 Wrote:Hold up wait a minute...

A year ago all I heard was, fear the Cracken. The stage has been set. And don't tell me there's a sense of back peddling because a big bad super district school stands before them.

Good luck to McCracken County, believe in yourselves, and maybe we cross paths down the road. Believing in the Mustangs success!!!

:Thumbs:

Crimsons :Cheerlead
It ain't back peddling. Mccracken is simply a Dr jekyl, or Mr Hyde team. Beat a southaven team that's only other loss was by 11 to a top 25 team in the nation. Then mccracken loses to graves who mayfiekd shut out. Which team shows up for mccracken?
Manuel wins 27-7
I knoe ill be attending this one..it seems more an more as the year has gone on , the more I am reminded of paducah tilghman in the Cracken team.. after speakin to fans an some coachin staff it seems the players kinda have the run of things.. pickin when they want to show up for practices an all sorts of bad things have floated through my ears.. im really hoping mccracken can pull it together here near the end , but they have been paired with the impossible this year. As someone else stated in another thread it is mathmaticly impossible for anyone to have a harder road to BG as far as having to face the top teams In the state starting in round 1.
Both teams healthy , I say they are close to even. DM minus their running back cracken should have the advantage. Imma say the Mustangs turn some heads in this one, Cracken By 14+. Buss ride is just gonna be outta manuels play book.. look for a huge crowd and a awsome atmosphere fri night as mustangs carry the best student section this side of Louisville.
If McCracken is healthy and they play like the team that played Mayfield or South Haven (in the second half) then I think the stands win by more than 1 score. If not the stands will pack up their pretty new uniforms and get ready for basketball.
ontopofthewest Wrote:I knoe ill be attending this one..it seems more an more as the year has gone on , the more I am reminded of paducah tilghman in the Cracken team.. after speakin to fans an some coachin staff it seems the players kinda have the run of things.. pickin when they want to show up for practices an all sorts of bad things have floated through my ears.. im really hoping mccracken can pull it together here near the end , but they have been paired with the impossible this year. As someone else stated in another thread it is mathmaticly impossible for anyone to have a harder road to BG as far as having to face the top teams In the state starting in round 1.
Both teams healthy , I say they are close to even. DM minus their running back cracken should have the advantage. Imma say the Mustangs turn some heads in this one, Cracken By 14+. Buss ride is just gonna be outta manuels play book.. look for a huge crowd and a awsome atmosphere fri night as mustangs carry the best student section this side of Louisville.

Can't believe you are skipping out on may fields game Friday, 55 will be pissed.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Can't believe you are skipping out on may fields game Friday, 55 will be pissed.

better pissed off than pissed onConfusedtrom:
Really disappointed in him. Seeing how he was really good buddies with my oldest and has known the youngest since he was five. Now he's skipping his games. Just kidding, that would be a great one to watch.
Lol cant miss the best game in the state this week when its only 20 miles away!!! Hahaaa.. little 55 and the Cards will be ok with out me .. the last ap poll keeps #6 McCracken above #8 Manuel. This game just has the makings of a great matchup and will tell all of western ky where mccracken stands..
Manual 28-14.
McCracken probably picked up the Jekyl and Hyde persona from all the Tilghman kids they have recruited.
I think the stangs did some resting of players as of late to be ready for this. I will say stangs 35-21.
^^^^ I like that score ..
ontopofthewest Wrote:^^^^ I like that score ..

Crimsons:Cheerlead
Manuel by 30 McCracken hasnt shown any improvement, and hasnt played well lately.