Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 20 Knox Central 6
Craze JACKET man Wrote:Sorry to get off topic, but I work inHarlan Co. I have heard several of the Harlan people talking Russell being the next head man at the Black Bear Team. KC you second guess your coach, you will be looking for a new one.

that wouldn't be surprising
Russell was Mr. football at Evarts.
you play to win dont you? knox played 2 good teams this season,bell and corbin. managed 6 points in both and couldnt stop a decent running back.while winning the district is great ,you cant earn respect and get over the hill losing to rivals consistantly.knox should play for the region this year but that will be as far as i see them going.good luck the rest of the season.
pjdoug Wrote:He did play for Evarts didn't he?

Yes he did won Mr football
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
pjdoug Wrote:I have to agree. I dont think Corbin is 4-5 touchdowns better.

These two teams are pretty even, wet or dry field. Corbin is a little more experienced though.
I forgot about him(Russell) being from Evarts..
Knox has a really good team,but will not make it to Regional finals.. I would love to see that, but can't beat Boyle or Catholic.. Will struggle to beat Taylor..
Craze JACKET man Wrote:I forgot about him(Russell) being from Evarts..
Knox has a really good team,but will not make it to Regional finals.. I would love to see that, but can't beat Boyle or Catholic.. Will struggle to beat Taylor..

Don't think it's Taylor believe it's Marion co. But no matter who they will win that game easily it will be Boyle who they will struggle with but I believe they can beat them as well. But one game at a time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
I disagree that these are 2 even teams. Corbin won by 14 on a wet field... Either way, it's a wash.. The game is over, hounds were the victors on Knox home field. The W is all that matters these days.

Seems like I said Corbin would be 8-2 before the season... I'm just glad we can get old hound70 and a couple more on the wagon now. He said we had to beat Bell and Knox before he would root for the Haddix Hounds and jump on his wagon.
Who does corbin play in the first round?
If wells catches the pass from barger, the game would have been 12-6. Then, corbin fumbles and knox scores. 12-12. On the next red hound drive, knox had them in 3&5... 3&6... Situations like that. But they couldn't come through. The Engle boy is good but their center can play ball too. He was the reason why they could run up the middle on the plays where the whole left side pulled. I'm not making excuses. Knox lost. But it wasn't like they were never in the game. Corbin is a very good team. Knox had opportunities to steal momentum and couldn't. I wish the best of luck to Corbin in the playoffs.
If Corbin didn't fumble on the Knox end of the field they wouldn't have the 6 they got.... Ifs are big big big ideas... Usually don't work out.
Larue Co... 1st rd
Very true. Good luck to yall in the playoffs.
panther nation Wrote:I have heard this same thing and to tell you the truth it would hurt my feelings that much if he did go back home. Trust me when I say I think Scotty is a good coach but he gets way to predictable on offense. Plus I understand if he would want to go back home. I will still stand behind him which ever direction he goes.

He is NOT the only coach that is way too predictable! Several games this year we have seen, we knew when they lined up what they were going to do and they did it - some times it works, some times the other team reads it like a book and it doesn't work. A coach needs to mix it up some, keep everyone guessing, but for some reason many don't! :Trumpet: (Playing taps)!!
Tight End Wrote:He is NOT the only coach that is way too predictable! Several games this year we have seen, we knew when they lined up what they were going to do and they did it - some times it works, some times the other team reads it like a book and it doesn't work. A coach needs to mix it up some, keep everyone guessing, but for some reason many don't! :Trumpet: (Playing taps)!!

Part of that is why I thought Knox offense would have some trouble. Corbin's DC has seen Russell's offense for some many years. Practiced against it when he was a bell coached against every time Knox a bell played. So yes you have to do different things against teams that know you. But a lot of coaches are to hard headed to change things up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Bad weather was trouble the first week and the last week this year.
^
You're correct! I really think the weather impacted these games.

FTR..Russell has not been the name(s) I've heard floating around to persue whenever Larkey leaves. I'm not sure if that actually means anything, but it's not the person(s) I've heard being discussed.....

Also, so that no rumors get started, I have heard NOTHING about Larkey leaving. I believe he will be there next year.

JMO
Granny Bear Wrote:^

FTR..Russell has not been the name(s) I've heard floating around to persue whenever Larkey leaves. I'm not sure if that actually means anything, but it's not the person(s) I've heard being discussed.....

Also, so that no rumors get started, I have heard NOTHING about Larkey leaving. I believe he will be there next year.

JMO

I know someone who want be happy if he does stay!!!Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote:Don't think it's Taylor believe it's Marion co. But no matter who they will win that game easily it will be Boyle who they will struggle with but I believe they can beat them as well. But one game at a time.

I stand corrected it will be Taylor County coming to Knox central this week.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Panthers are battle tested. I expect big things out of them in playoffs. Good luck KC.
panther nation Wrote:Yes he did won Mr football

I knew it Smile
Craze JACKET man Wrote:I forgot about him(Russell) being from Evarts..

You could be right.
panther nation Wrote:Part of that is why I thought Knox offense would have some trouble. Corbin's DC has seen Russell's offense for some many years. Practiced against it when he was a bell coached against every time Knox a bell played. So yes you have to do different things against teams that know you. But a lot of coaches are to hard headed to change things up.

I think most are.
Granny Bear Wrote:^

JMO

Saylor? :biggrin: