Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4.Somerset @ 1.Shelby Valley First Round
I call it now.. Somerset picks up their first win in the first round lol...

Somerset-34
Shelby Valley-21
I can't pick against my wildcats . They are playing really good smash mouth football and have all year . The Wildcats coming off a big win VS. A very good Fleming co. Team will be ready to play . Wildcats win this one at home 42 - 18
Thisisit,

I agree. Told a good friend of mine at an EKY school this very thing last week.

This might be a first in national history if it happens.
I hate to pick against the Jumpers but going with Valley 28-14
What kind of offensive scheme does Somerset run ?
Football fan 0 Wrote:What kind of offensive scheme does Somerset run ?

Somerset has been a spread team since the end of Jay Cobbs second season with the Jumpers in 1999.
Somerset get there first win of the season in the playoffs 41-21. Congrats to the wildcats on there first ever district title, what a great season so far.
Wing offenses are tough to defend in the modern era and valley runs it very well with talented backs and a physical o line. Jumpers are winless on the season, and although the have improved they will have to play their best game of the season and then some to have a chance.
I believe the jumpers will win this one and two more.
Going to pick the underdog somerset....Confusednicker:

Somerset 28
Shelby Valley 14

I can hear it now from Shelby valley posters...Somerset brought their on :ref2::ref2:
64sur Wrote:going to pick the underdog somerset....Confusednicker:

Somerset 28
shelby valley 14

i can hear it now from shelby valley posters...somerset brought their on :ref2::ref2:

how'd it feel last night with real refrees calling the game?? Didn't work out so well, huh?
Coach Hatcher is the only one on Somerset's Staff that is old enough to remember the Wing Off. but the Staff are fast learners and will pick up on it real quick. Stop 3 plays and it's about done. Somerset 35-24
This region is a bookies nightmare. All teams are about even and any of the 8 could win it. Bunnies by 1.
I agree Somerset gets first win. They are due and playing good but nothing has went there way..
Shelby Valley gets Somerset at home coming off their first district title in school history. I know these kids we'll be pumped and hungry for another victory and will not be over looking a good somerset team. I think the wildcats take care of business at home and advance to the second round.
64SUR Wrote:Going to pick the underdog somerset....Confusednicker:

Somerset 28
Shelby Valley 14

I can hear it now from Shelby valley posters...Somerset brought their on :ref2::ref2:

:biglmao:
bac2369 Wrote:I agree Somerset gets first win. They are due and playing good but nothing has went there way..

I dont look for anything to go their way in this one either.
Good Luck Valley
pjdoug Wrote:I dont look for anything to go their way in this one either.

I agree. Somerset has played some good teams but they are about to encounter the best defense in district 8. That's not a good game to have to play the first game of the playoffs. I see Shelby Valley not allowing them to let anything go their way.
Gator95 Wrote:I agree. Somerset has played some good teams but they are about to encounter the best defense in district 8. That's not a good game to have to play the first game of the playoffs. I see Shelby Valley not allowing them to let anything go their way.

Somerset is tough and hasn't caught any breaks this year.they are much better than their record indicates but it will be tough for them to win at Valley.
JMO: If Shelby Valley had played Somerset's Schedule, I don't think their record would be anywhere close to 8-2. Cong: on a great year and a Dist. Title. Should be a Great High School Football Game.
I hope sv doesn't come in this game thinking it will be easy due to Somerset's record. I'm picking sv, of course. Good luck boys!
I don't think they will over look anyone . They have a real opportunity to make a run in these playoffs the way it's set up for them . So I think that coach Ratliff will have them focused and ready to play .#justmyopinion !!!!!!
Gator95 Wrote:I agree. Somerset has played some good teams but they are about to encounter the best defense in district 8. That's not a good game to have to play the first game of the playoffs. I see Shelby Valley not allowing them to let anything go their way.

They gave up 35 to Leslie County and I promise you Somerset is a lot more dangerous on Offence than Leslie County. Hatcher, Doan, McWilliams, Coomer and the 2 Receivers will give Shelby Valley Fits. Go Jumpers!!!
:dontthink:dontthink
Cellking Wrote:They gave up 35 to Leslie County and I promise you Somerset is a lot more dangerous on Offence than Leslie County. Hatcher, Doan, McWilliams, Coomer and the 2 Receivers will give Shelby Valley Fits. Go Jumpers!!!
:dontthink:dontthink

Well Valley just pretty much shut out the best passing team in 3A. Fleming had 3 receivers in the top 10 in receiving & Flemings QB was top 3 in passing. I agree, I don't think much about Leslie and they wouldn't have put that much on Valley if not for the refs. 35-18 with 4 minutes left. Yea, anyone can tell the rest. But I don't look for Somerset to have any superior weapons that Valley hasn't seen yet.
Gator95 Wrote:Well Valley just pretty much shut out the best passing team in 3A. Fleming had 3 receivers in the top 10 in receiving & Flemings QB was top 3 in passing. I agree, I don't think much about Leslie and they wouldn't have put that much on Valley if not for the refs. 35-18 with 4 minutes left. Yea, anyone can tell the rest. But I don't look for Somerset to have any superior weapons that Valley hasn't seen yet.

I think Both Fleming Co. and Somerset have thrown for about 1750 yds. in 9 games. About 195 Avg. on the year per game. I think you would agree Somerset has played the better schedule. :Clap:
Cellking Wrote:I think Both Fleming Co. and Somerset have thrown for about 1750 yds. in 9 games. About 195 Avg. on the year per game. I think you would agree Somerset has played the better schedule. :Clap:

I would agree to that. But valley has also seen prestonsburg, who has as good as a team and weapons as anyone in the region and contained them pretty well. Ended up getting beat by a TD but I felt that we beat ourselves with the unforced fumbles. I look for this to be a good game but for Valleys run game to take a toll and kill the clock throughout the game.
Valley's run game will take this one. I am a P-burg fan, but I love the "old school" wing offense Valley runs.
Cellking Wrote:JMO: If Shelby Valley had played Somerset's Schedule, I don't think their record would be anywhere close to 8-2. Cong: on a great year and a Dist. Title. Should be a Great High School Football Game.

I agree with you on that. Somerset is a much better team than their record indicates.
hawg laig Wrote:Valley's run game will take this one. I am a P-burg fan, but I love the "old school" wing offense Valley runs.

I'd like to watch this game .it should be a good one.