Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 20 Knox Central 6
Final
good win for the Hounds over a good Knox Central team. I hope both teams make a deep run in the playoffs.
Great job Hounds! 9-1 is a lot better than most thought you could do.. Including myself. Keep up the hard work! The real season starts tomm... 5 weeks left!
Hounds ended where I expected them. They beat a very good Panther bunch tonight.
What's some opinions on the game.... I was on trick or treat duty....
Sounded on the radio like it was a deep mud hole to play thru, of course that is the same mess for both sides. They kept making reference to the Canady boys not playing, that they were in the Soccer playoffs (not sure how much different that would have made it)??? Maybe someone else can fill in the blanks there. Announcers thought it was a good game played by both teams. :popcorn:
I was home in the dry Smile
I was there and it was a muddy mess. Both teams had to play through it. Passing was almost next to impossible. Just not much grip on the ball.

Both teams played pretty good. When all you could do was run it straight ahead not much cutting going on.
Congrats to the hounds good luck in the playoffs..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Knox is a fine team but in dry conditions, I think Corbin may have won by a touchdown or 2 more. They couldn't throw and only ran about 6 plays. That's not taking anything away from KC either. I just think Corbin is a special team this season.
Good game for both teams.....Now Go Redhounds :Cheerlead and good luck to Knox Central in playoff. :Cheerlead
Not making excuses but the weather really handcuffed The panthers passing game. Wasn't really able to get the flow of the offense going. But Corbin had the same trouble also. If it was a dry field not sure there would have been much differance in the out come. Other than more passing yards.. Lol..
Corbin was the better team tonight. On a dry field it's still no more than a 2 score game either way.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Glad to see you made it home safe 64SUR!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote:Not making excuses but the weather really handcuffed The panthers passing game. Wasn't really able to get the flow of the offense going. But Corbin had the same trouble also. If it was a dry field not sure there would have been much differance in the out come. Other than more passing yards.. Lol..
Corbin was the better team tonight. On a dry field it's still no more than a 2 score game either way.

I have to agree. I dont think Corbin is 4-5 touchdowns better.
It surprise me that Corbin scored 20 pts and not throwing it... I thought the weather would play favor to the Panthers.. Corbin must be for real !!
^
Corbin is for real they will make some noise in the playoffs. Barring any injuries they have a real shot to play in BG.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
What amazes me is Barger a senior never touches the alnight !!!!
My notes on the game:
1) Corbin is big up front. Real big.
2) That field was awful.
3) The knox defense crippled their offense tonight.
4) Knox made a lot of mistakes, Corbin made just one. (Fumble that lead to score). If knox cleans those mistakes up, much different ball game.

I'm not going to take anything away from the Redhounds though. They are the real deal and beat a very good Knox team tonight.

I'm a man and I'll eat my crow. Corbin was the better team tonight. Outstanding job by the hounds. Good luck to you all in the playoffs. We'll be quite alright down here in Barbourville.
Throwitdown Wrote:What amazes me is Barger a senior never touches the alnight !!!!

I guess Coach Russell wanted to see if his team could get it done without barger or something. Idk. Your guess is as good as mine.
Blind man texting Granny Bear tonight in the rain....Sorry my flip phone is terrible in the rain. My finger went numb. :lmao:
Throwitdown Wrote:What amazes me is Barger a senior never touches the alnight !!!!

Actually he did he threw what should have been a TD to Wells but ended up dropped. But that was his only touch other than kickoff returns.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
64SUR Wrote:Blind man texting Granny Bear tonight in the rain....Sorry my flip phone is terrible in the rain. My finger went numb. :lmao:

:biglmao:
Go Hounds! As for the field conditions And the offense. Both teams played on the same field and neither opened their play book. And yes panther59, you deserve a lil crow for the "system" comment..... Good luck to both teams in the future, stay focused for the win or out games ahead.
Cong" to Coach and His Team. I picked Corbin 8-2 or 9-1 before the season started. Now have that long run in play-offs. Would love to see you in BG.
The biggest thing I noticed was that Barger was basically taken out of the game any other time Russell would have put him in the back field. I think he didn't want to take a chance on him getting hurt. Also the starting RB was still out and lastly the Panthers as they have all season had way to many penalties
Sorry to get off topic, but I work inHarlan Co. I have heard several of the Harlan people talking Russell being the next head man at the Black Bear Team. KC you second guess your coach, you will be looking for a new one.
Harlan Co would be lucky to have him but Harlan still has a coach.
Corbin has passed the ball 20 times a game to Knox Central's 12. Hounds much more reliant on pass.
Craze JACKET man Wrote:Sorry to get off topic, but I work inHarlan Co. I have heard several of the Harlan people talking Russell being the next head man at the Black Bear Team. KC you second guess your coach, you will be looking for a new one.

I have heard this same thing and to tell you the truth it would hurt my feelings that much if he did go back home. Trust me when I say I think Scotty is a good coach but he gets way to predictable on offense. Plus I understand if he would want to go back home. I will still stand behind him which ever direction he goes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
E's Army Wrote:Corbin has passed the ball 20 times a game to Knox Central's 12. Hounds much more reliant on pass.

How many a plays a game does Corbin average?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote:I have heard this same thing and to tell you the truth it would hurt my feelings that much if he did go back home. Trust me when I say I think Scotty is a good coach but he gets way to predictable on offense. Plus I understand if he would want to go back home. I will still stand behind him which ever direction he goes.

He did play for Evarts didn't he?