Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damien Harris to play in first round of playoffs
Via his Twitter account. @Damien_D1Harris :Just got cleared to play first round of the playoffs!! The Return is officially here. #Blessed
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
This really shakes things u in this region.
I agree. Sucks for whoever they have to play. Their game just got a lot harder.
I wonder if his playing time will be limited.
What was up with his knee? Sprain?
Madison southern is the worst 4 seed to have to play in first round, outside of dupont manuel.
Heard he may play friday.
He IS NOT playing against Boyle Co. He will play Letcher in the first round...I love it!

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/10/29/35075...p=/99/268/
FarristownFlyer Wrote:He IS NOT playing against Boyle Co. He will play Letcher in the first round...I love it!

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/10/29/35075...p=/99/268/

this could be a shootout. Letcher has a good quarterback that can air it out.
Zane is a great player and a better kid. It's unbelievable how much he has improved. I was biased toward Logan (Johnson) but Zane's arm strength is impressive. And pretty agile for his size! Gonna be a fun game!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Zane is a great player and a better kid. It's unbelievable how much he has improved. I was biased toward Logan (Johnson) but Zane's arm strength is impressive. And pretty agile for his size! Gonna be a fun game!

He is a big kid with a strong arm and has the ability to throw it deep.
one thing for sure. this wont be a defensive battle Smile
I think Letcher wins unless they have two Damien Harris's
I think so too. should be a shootout though.
No way Madison Southern will beat Letcher Co...I'll bet the FARM!
FarristownFlyer Wrote:No way Madison Southern will beat Letcher Co...I'll bet the FARM!

I know the district is weak this year and Letcher is underrated,but they are a much better team than a lot of people think.
I am glad he is playing. If we beat them, I don't want "if Harris would have played you would not have won" kind of statement. Like one of the players told me, if we want to be the best we have to beat the best. Harris healthy all year we would be playing North Laurel instead.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Ohh, this game is gonna be a great one!!

Good luck to both teams, and keep the injuries away!!
to much harris madison southern wins
LOL...I meant NO WAY Letcher beats Southern...Sorry Eagles!!!
This news is pretty much assurance of a District 7 sweep in the first round. Letcher won't be able to hang with Southern if Harris is back.
Hazards Brandon Jones had 200 plus against them... Wonder what Harris will get??
Probably more than that and the Letcher quarterback will probably pass for more yards than he did against Hazard.
Easy CougarPride, if u r saying what I think ur saying, maybe they win, maybe they don't? Either way the Cougars & Jags will see each other in district play next year!
geauxtigers75 Wrote:This news is pretty much assurance of a District 7 sweep in the first round. Letcher won't be able to hang with Southern if Harris is back.

I wouldn't bank on that.
Even with Harris this team barely beat South Laurel.

Personally, I think they've declined throughout the year.
FarristownFlyer Wrote:LOL...I meant NO WAY Letcher beats Southern...Sorry Eagles!!!

I was wondering about that....LOL
I figured you were going to say it was a good thing you had no farm to bet after Southern won or something.Confusednicker:
papagrit Wrote:I was wondering about that....LOL
I figured you were going to say it was a good thing you had no farm to bet after Southern won or something.Confusednicker:

Well I do have a farm...and I'll bet it next week...LOL Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I wouldn't bank on that.
Even with Harris this team barely beat South Laurel.

Personally, I think they've declined throughout the year.

I agree with the bolded, but when you have the best running back in the country on your team, it adds a whole new dynamic to the game, you HAVE to plan to outscore them, because you know Harris will get his yards if he's at 100%. I think Letcher can win, but I think Harris will be too much in the end.
Hear me out...Madison Southern has had more than Damien Harris hurt...a lot more...Madison Southern has been playing freshman for the last 6 games. They are getting healthy outside of Damien coming back. Damien carried the ball 2 times against SW Pulaski and only lost by 2. Yes Pulaski beat them soundly and that game was in hand by the time Hall was hurt. I'm telling you right now Madison Southern as the DARKHORSE for the 5A state title. It's sort of a long shot, but not out of reach.