Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski vs. Southwestern
TouchdownJaguars Wrote:The word from PC over the last couple of years has been "Next Man Up!" We shall see if that's the case now?? Not only is Hall out but with Gregory at QB your best receiver is out of sorts. Lots of weapons still left and a strong D, SW would love to serve up a little revenge. Lots of irony in this one!! SW in a battle 24 to 21.
That's exactly what it is at Pulaski, Next Man Up. Riley Hall is the best QB in this part of the state, but George Gregory is no slouch. He came into his 1st ever game as a starter at QB and put 8 TDs on the board. Say what you want about it being against South Laurel, no other QB has put up those numbers on them. As for the best WR, it's Jake Johnson, he has proven it the last 2 years. He's not only the best WR on PC's team, he is one of the top receivers in the state. People have this misconception Pulaski is a throw-it-all-over-the-field team. Pulaski has a strong running attack to go with that passing game. I don't see SW stopping all the weapons the Maroons will bring to the game. Pulaski will win the District Championship 37-13.
Southwestern has improved tremendously, however they are not the caliber of the Mighty Maroons. Gregory racked up close to 500 yards of offense in one half, leading the squad last week. He is the most versitile athlete on the field week in and week out. Jake Johnson is the best wide out in the state of Kentucky. Too many weapons.

Southwestern is hungry to get a win against the Maroons, but the Maroons are hungrier and on a mission. I'll take the Maroons 45-21.
i just pray for there to be no injuries..
I know it's a rivalry game.. lets hope for no cheap shots....
Pulaski County - 21

Southwestern - 13
BJNhater Wrote:I'll take SW 28-24. Gregory cracks under Warrior pressure.

LOL. It's obvious you don't know Gregory that well. I've never seen the kid crack under pressure. I like your name though.
Frozen Tundra Wrote:SW has better receivers and special teams than Pulaski. SW wins by 6

You're on drugs. If SW wins, which is very possible, it won't be because they have better receivers or special teams. It will be their defense and the fact that Coach French will slow the game down on the offensive side.
This one might be a running clock after 3. SW too strong and physical for the Maroons. Most physical team they will play all year. Just my drug free opinion.
Frozen Tundra Wrote:This one might be a running clock after 3. SW too strong and physical for the Maroons. Most physical team they will play all year. Just my drug free opinion.

:thatsfunn
Foley you ever seen him at QB though?TongueirateSho
Frozen Tundra Wrote:This one might be a running clock after 3. SW too strong and physical for the Maroons. Most physical team they will play all year. Just my drug free opinion.
At least if you said you were on drugs you would have an excuse for this stupid comment.
Pulaski will have to have 4-5 turnovers for southwestern to have a chance in this one
WarriorProud Wrote:Foley you ever seen him at QB though?TongueirateSho

Good guess, but not quite. I do have his number in my phone, so I'll take however many credibility points that gets me. LOL. I have seen Gregory at QB. He threw for 226 yards and rushed for 221 yards with 8 total touchdowns in 1 game. You should check it out if you haven't seen it. Quite impressive for any back-up in any situation in my opinion.
I just don't see PC having any success on the ground, or through the air. This is by far the best defense they will see all year. SW is a well disciplined, hard hitting, physical defense!!!! Offensively, they will pound you with a physical running attack until you gamble to stop it, then they make you look foolish by burning you through the air. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if SW has 250 yards rushing and 250 yards passing.
Jim your sarcasm is out of control, I will hand it to you though, you stick with it and see it all the way thru. Is there enough material hanging in Pulaski's locker room yet?
Jim, at no point in your rambling incoherent prediction did you come across anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may the maroons have mercy on your soul.
TouchdownJaguars Wrote:The word from PC over the last couple of years has been "Next Man Up!" We shall see if that's the case now??

Honestly, I've never understood this particular form of meaningless CoachSpeak. Next man up? Well, duh. Of course it's "next man up." That is, unless you decide to forfeit.

Ya gotta have 11 to play.
Pulaski County-35

Southwestern-14
I have personally watched both these teams this season as I have sons that play for Somerset. BOTH these teams are very good! BOTH teams have very good defenses but, I think I would give a slight edge to Pulaski. BOTH teams have very good offenses and with Riley Hall playing I would have given the edge to Pulaski as well. However Riley Hall is NOT playing so, I think it will be a toss-up. These two teams are fairly even now. Which ever team doesn't turn the ball over or give up big plays on special teams will win. Pulaski has proven they can win big games and SouthWestern has their first shot to win a big game. I think it will come down to the fourth quarter but, Pulaski pulls out the victory. Maybe! LOL.
DDP5 Wrote:Jim your sarcasm is out of control, I will hand it to you though, you stick with it and see it all the way thru. Is there enough material hanging in Pulaski's locker room yet?
No sarcasm here
If PC hands SW their third loss of the season, is SW still a Top 10 team in the state?
jim rome Wrote:I just don't see PC having any success on the ground, or through the air. This is by far the best defense they will see all year. SW is a well disciplined, hard hitting, physical defense!!!! Offensively, they will pound you with a physical running attack until you gamble to stop it, then they make you look foolish by burning you through the air. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if SW has 250 yards rushing and 250 yards passing.
I agree Jim. This SW team will hit you and hit you hard. No quit in them. PC is more of a finesse team. Dont know how they will respond to SW smashmouth style of football.
I want to say that it is sad that at this point in the season Pulaski would loose their Qb however Pulaski is not A one trick Pony. Pulaski will win the biggest game for them so far.
Pulaski 24, SW 14.
Maroons 21
Warriors 14
Frozen Tundra Wrote:I agree Jim. This SW team will hit you and hit you hard. No quit in them. PC is more of a finesse team. Dont know how they will respond to SW smashmouth style of football.

Pulaski may spread you out and use more of a finesse style on offense. They are far from a finesse team on defense.
The key here is for Southwestern to make this messy and to control the football and time of possession. The Pulaski team that played Mad. South and North Laurel can be beat...

I would like to see Southwestern complete their comeback story, but think Pulaski just has a bit too much:

Pulaski 36
Southwestern 21
Southern has dominated northern in middle school football for years. I think southern has won like 16 times against northern since 2010 and I know northern hasnt had much luck against southern in basketball during that time either. Northern has won two games against southern since 2010 in football. 2011 was last time northern has won. I believe. Northern has been the better high school team but southwestern is getting the kids back interested in football again and that will change shortly. imo
This should be a extremely tight game. Pulaski should pull it out in a close one. 14-10
should be a dandy of a game.

PC is not the world beaters that some of their fans want to make them out to be, but they are not as down as some of their rivals want to make them out to be either.

I hope SW pulls off the upset, but my money would be on PC 21-17.
Willie Turnover Wrote:should be a dandy of a game.

PC is not the world beaters that some of their fans want to make them out to be, but they are not as down as some of their rivals want to make them out to be either.

I agree. If PC plays the way they did against N.Laurel then SW will win decisively
Willie Turnover Wrote:should be a dandy of a game.

Don't have to be world beaters.Just win and Pulaski seems to be doing a lot of that the last couple of years.