Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski vs. Southwestern
This is the biggest PC vs. SW game in several years who wins and why?
Pulaski wins an extremely close game. 14-7. Special teams will be the name of the game in this one and in my opinion Pulaski has a better special teams unit.
I'll take SW 28-24. Gregory cracks under Warrior pressure.
Pulaski wins 28 to 7 i've been watching these two groups of athletes since they been playing against each other in junior high school and southwestern has never came close to beating Pulaski with that being said whether you are a southwestern or a Pulaski fan you have to be proud of all the talent we have here in our community
maroon pride Wrote:Pulaski wins 28 to 7 i've been watching these two groups of athletes since they been playing against each other in junior high school and southwestern has never came close to beating Pulaski with that being said whether you are a southwestern or a Pulaski fan you have to be proud of all the talent we have here in our community

Have they ever played this group from Southwestern without Riley Hall?
I said before the season started, don't count a Larry French Coached team out, anytime or any game. This will be a good game, and I will not be surprised if Southwestern wins. But my gut tells me pc 21-14.
maroon pride Wrote:Pulaski wins 28 to 7 i've been watching these two groups of athletes since they been playing against each other in junior high school and southwestern has never came close to beating Pulaski with that being said whether you are a southwestern or a Pulaski fan you have to be proud of all the talent we have here in our community

Never say never...this group of Southwestern seniors won Southern Middle's first Kentucky State Championship as 8th graders a few years ago and if memory serves me, Pulaski's junior class won the 7th grade state for Northern Middle that same year.

Throw the history in with it also be Southwestern's senior night and the matchup that decides the district championship and you've got the game of the week in Kentucky IMO.

I think the Warrior defense will keep Gregory off-balance at QB. I also think it will be a low-scoring game and that special teams will play a major role. I will also throw in that Southwestern has an exceptional kicker in Herrera, and he may just give the Warriors the edge to pull off the upset.
SW without Hall is like Madison Southern without Harris....those type athletes make a BIG difference in a game when a team builds all season around them. Going to say Pulaski in a low scoring close one!! Confusedtrom:
Best of luck to the Warriors from Belfry.
Northern middle school won back-to-back state championship hall seventh and eighth grade year then Southern Junior high won A state championship Southern has never came close to beating northern during that time Northern one most games by 60 points
I've been saying for weeks, even when Hall was healthy that SW was by far the best team in the region. I love PC and Coach Hines, but SW is the real deal. SW wins convincingly 34-14.
You probably need to check with Coach Engle and Coach Foley and check your facts.
While this will not determine the outcome of next Fridays game, just want to set the
record straight.

This years group of seniors at Southwestern won the KYMSFA eighth grade state championship in 2010, before Northern ever won their first one. This is the same year that Northern won the seventh grade state. Southern eighth grade beat Northern THREE times that year, once at Northern, once at Wayne Co in the conference championship, and the final time at SWHS to advance to regional finals and eliminate Northern.

The next year, this same group at Northern won the eighth grade state and Southern won the seventh grade state, just flipping positions. I just want to give credit where credit is due.

Again, this will not determine next weeks winner, but gives an idea of the talent that both of these programs have when properly coached.

I agree that this will be the game of the week in KY.
Just checked the northern won back to back state championships in 2010 and 2011 just look on just Google kymsfa 2010 state champs
Tight End Wrote:SW without Hall is like Madison Southern without Harris....those type athletes make a BIG difference in a game when a team builds all season around them. Going to say Pulaski in a low scoring close one!! Confusedtrom:

Terrible comparison. not true at all.. Pulaski has a much more complete team & Gregory is a better QB than most think
Tight End Wrote:SW without Hall is like Madison Southern without Harris....those type athletes make a BIG difference in a game when a team builds all season around them. Going to say Pulaski in a low scoring close one!! Confusedtrom:

Pulaski is not a one man show. You would know that if you have watched this team the past couple of years. Back up QB Gregory responsible for 8 tds against S.Laurel should tell you this team wont miss a beat against SW. This one wont be as close as you Warrior bandwagoners think. PC 33-14
Pulaski is still a little better than SW in all phases. Pulaski 30-7
SW has better receivers and special teams than Pulaski. SW wins by 6
SW much improved but Pulaski big game tested and has more depth. PC 36-20
With Hall, id expect PC to win by 3-4 TD's.
Without him, im not sure.
Pulaski by7.
Upset special:
Southwestern-29
Pulaski-28
Pulaski by 2-3 scores this time, but they'll play again in a couple weeks.
maroon pride Wrote:Just checked the northern won back to back state championships in 2010 and 2011 just look on just Google kymsfa 2010 state champs

Just FYI ...

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...e=54BFDC03
Still trying to figure out why middle school matters, both teams are completely different than they were in 2010. The one constant is SW was better then and better now.
Pulaski by 21 Pulaski 28 SW 21,
Two well coached teams.
Woody Hayes Wrote:Pulaski is not a one man show. You would know that if you have watched this team the past couple of years. Back up QB Gregory responsible for 8 tds against S.Laurel should tell you this team wont miss a beat against SW. This one wont be as close as you Warrior bandwagoners think. PC 33-14

Ninja Wrote:Terrible comparison. not true at all.. Pulaski has a much more complete team & Gregory is a better QB than most think

Not taking a thing away from Gregory. The point I was making was: you take kids of the caliber of Harris and Hall off a team, it makes a difference, I don't care what you say! The team has depended on their talents all year, then BOOM they are with out them...it makes a BIG difference! :truestory:
This is gonna be a good game, but Pulaski wins in a close one
The word from PC over the last couple of years has been "Next Man Up!" We shall see if that's the case now?? Not only is Hall out but with Gregory at QB your best receiver is out of sorts. Lots of weapons still left and a strong D, SW would love to serve up a little revenge. Lots of irony in this one!! SW in a battle 24 to 21.
Lyn Turpin Wrote:You probably need to check with Coach Engle and Coach Foley and check your facts.
While this will not determine the outcome of next Fridays game, just want to set the
record straight.

This years group of seniors at Southwestern won the KYMSFA eighth grade state championship in 2010, before Northern ever won their first one. This is the same year that Northern won the seventh grade state. Southern eighth grade beat Northern THREE times that year, once at Northern, once at Wayne Co in the conference championship, and the final time at SWHS to advance to regional finals and eliminate Northern.

The next year, this same group at Northern won the eighth grade state and Southern won the seventh grade state, just flipping positions. I just want to give credit where credit is due.

Again, this will not determine next weeks winner, but gives an idea of the talent that both of these programs have when properly coached.

I agree that this will be the game of the week in KY.
Wow, a long quote! That's why I love in town rivals. These kids know each other pretty well. Some had played against each other for a long time. Pulaski has been known more of the big boy of the two teams in the last few yrs. But I'm seeing a lot of talent coming from SouthWestern, and South Pulaski Middle school. Northern middle had been grooming the kids with a lot of the high school plays and other to prepare them for the next step. Over a few yrs Southern has been really producing some very talented kids. And now with a very well coaching staff at SW. I can see some changes and Sw becoming a powerhouse. Only time will tell if they are a state winner. At least the big dawg in Pulaski Co.
:Thumbs: