Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
80.77%
Fairview
19.23%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Fairview 10/17
Thoughts/Predictions
Raceland 42
Fairview 27
And so it begins. Imo:

Fairview has probably got the best QB in the area and one of the best in the state in any class. He is still a bit young in his development. The two best teams they have played, Hazard and Paintsville, caused him to throw ints. That, imo, will be a major factor in this game.

Raceland has a very good secondary, that is fast and long. They are very good against the screen/intermediate pass game, but have been suspect against the skinny post at times. The run defense has really made strides since the Ashland game and overall, the defense is really though in the redzone, almost have a different mentality all together when their backs are against the goal line. This scondary will most definitely be put to the test in this game though.

Offensively, Raceland has really balanced things out. Young spreads the ball around well and has omitted the costly, "gunslinger", throws. Spreading the ball around to 4 different backs. Snyder, the workhorse, Walker the mule, Christian is your change of pace guy, and Davidson gives them rest when they need it, another hardnosed back, Raceland will almost always have fresh legs in the backfield. The development of Jerome Hall has been massive in Raceland's improvemet in the rushing game. He and Isaac Wallace have been lineman together for years and really, both of them play better when they are both on the field.

I think Raceland's defense keeps Roy in check and gets some picks and forces Fairview to utilize their rungame. Raceland will sustain drives and have big plays. Special teams will be a big factor as well, Raceland is kind of inconsistent in that regaurd, outside of Punt/Punt Return.

Giving Fairview a few bonus points for being at home.

Raceland 38
Fairview 14
RAMS by 3+ TD's.
After last nights game with Paintsville I believe that these are two teams going in opposite directions. I think this is going to be Raceland's statement game.
49-14 Rams with a running clock
Scotty you are going to get your signature win Raceland22 Fair view 14
It wont be easy, the secondary will have to play well and not only wikk we need to get quick pressure on Roy, but our OLB will have to do a good job in getting to him if he flushes the pocket. Same to be said when we play Paintsville in 2 weeks.
Cant shut down recievers only for the qb to run wild. Its going to take a complete and balanced defensive effort, but i think thats what u will get.
Raceland - 43

Fairview - 22
Raceland wins this one.
Raceland 42
Fairview 21

A 1A Williamsburg fan,2A Leslie County fan and 3A Corbin fan cheering for Raceland. :Cheerlead
Rams by eleventy billion
Against good defenses, an offense has to remained balanced. Look at how huge Fairview was upfront last year and all the speed they had in the backfield. They did okay in the first half and managed to be effective by never passing the ball. The second half, we adjusted and we won convincingly. Now, Fairview is seemingly the same thing only different. Smaller upfront but still pretty quick in the skill positions and fairly one demensional. If they had a run game, they would have been Paintsville. It bites them in te bt again this week as well .
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Against good defenses, an offense has to remained balanced. Look at how huge Fairview was upfront last year and all the speed they had in the backfield. They did okay in the first half and managed to be effective by never passing the ball. The second half, we adjusted and we won convincingly. Now, Fairview is seemingly the same thing only different. Smaller upfront but still pretty quick in the skill positions and fairly one demensional. If they had a run game, they would have been Paintsville. It bites them in te bt again this week as well .

Didn't Fairview have 200+ yards rushing against Paintsville?
Yes. More of a testimate to Paintsville area of weakness of well.
If LC wasn't playing Belfry this would be the game I would be at. Much Respect to both Raceland and Fairview and will be a great game. If I were Raceland I wouldn't underestimate Fairview in the least. They are alot better than the Paintsville game as LC is much better than they showed against Raceland.
Rams by 12. They are king of this district again.
Fairview playing a lot better then I thought they would this season. I have a feeling this could be a close game and maybe an overtime type game. Fairview QB keeps them in the game but Raceland wins 38-31 in OT.
Is this the game that Roy finally grows up? He's goina need to. He has forced the issue with passes in bigger games this year and put the ball on the ground several times as well. Fairview being at home helps, but I still like Raceland by 3-4 tds.
last years line was lazy and slow. led by the most overated player ever to attend Fairview. this line is nasty, quick, and full of determination. ill take this line over any of mccheats lineman. will be a great game. rams are probably better, but will need their A game for this one. hats off to all teams in this district. we represent all the small schools in this state very well. if Fairview does lose they will be third ranked team in district(with win over Nicholas) and will play a 2 seed in another district. whoever it is Fairview will win. and probably play raceland or the tigers again. note to self....cant believe I called them raceland and not south greenup.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Is this the game that Roy finally grows up? He's goina need to. He has forced the issue with passes in bigger games this year and put the ball on the ground several times as well. Fairview being at home helps, but I still like Raceland by 3-4 tds.
not so fast scotty...strange things happen in the WOOD ON FRIDAY NIGHTS!!
Lmao dont i know it! This will be a great atmsophere as always and i think we definitely have the most competitive district by a long shot and not because we are all bad, but bc we are all pretty darn good. It will be a great time friday night. Nice to see all the new life in Fairview.
Scotty even though You predict not 1 but 2 teams to beat Williamsburg, I got to be for the RAMS>
Lol i said its either Hazard or Pikeville that will knock off the burg. Im not completely sold on Hazard though
Raceland by 2 or 3 tds. Fairview will play their tails off and hang for a while. Raceland is just to much to handle for a young eagle team.
scrappy coco Wrote:last years line was lazy and slow. led by the most overated player ever to attend Fairview. this line is nasty, quick, and full of determination. ill take this line over any of mccheats lineman. will be a great game. rams are probably better, but will need their A game for this one. hats off to all teams in this district. we represent all the small schools in this state very well. if Fairview does lose they will be third ranked team in district(with win over Nicholas) and will play a 2 seed in another district. whoever it is Fairview will win. and probably play raceland or the tigers again. note to self....cant believe I called them raceland and not south greenup.

Wow lol
Scotty Bronson, this Raceland team is better than last years and you're saying they don't have a chance to upset Pikeville on the road... Just wait and see. Rams come out and make a statement Friday night.

Rams 48
Eagles 20
Come on Coach, we are very good, but I think you are stretching it a bit to say we are better. Just because of the LC blowout? That doesn't make this years team better!! Hope we win out the rest of the year, but saying this is a better team than last years, I'm just not seeing it yet. If we can just hang with a much improved Ironton team, I will jump in line with you.
[quote=NoPicks]Scotty Bronson, this Raceland team is better than last years

:please::please:
NoPicks Wrote:Scotty Bronson, this Raceland team is better than last years and you're saying they don't have a chance to upset Pikeville on the road... Just wait and see. Rams come out and make a statement Friday night.

Rams 48
Eagles 20

In comparison to us vs the rest of our schedule/the rest of 1A, this year WE ARE A BETTER TEAM. Much faster and just about as strong upfront. We have a better QB, probably not as strong of a leader, but more naturally gifted to play the position. We do miss Daylin's break away speed(how the kid was never clocked at a sub 4.5 is beyond me), but as a team we are better.

It wilk take or best game of the year to beat Pikeville, especially at Pikeville. Not saying we cant, just saying its goina be a tough game. We gotta get through the district and beat Paintsville and Fairview first. Then probably have to beat one of them, if not both of them again(if theres an upset).

We r playig really good ball right now though.