Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin 65 - Paintsville 51
I dont know if that's correct score or not, but i do know Magoffin Beat Paintsville.

Final
no it was 65 - 51
ok i changed it thanks!
Congrats Magoffin County
Way to go Lady Hornets!!!

Calloray Howard dominated in the paint tonight as she finished with 19 pts. and 10 rebounds and held Jarrell to 4 pts. (not sure about rebounds)
Brittany Manns finished with 16; Ashley Jade Howard 13; Michaela Howard 4; Megan Powers 9; Ashley Hall 4.

Keep up the hard work Lady Hornets
Calloray showed who the best post player in the region is.
GREAT GAME CALLORAY!!!!!!!!

OUTSTANDING TEAM WIN LADY HORNETS :dance:

ONE STEP CLOSER
Not a big suprise that Magoffin won, Congrats Hornets
congrats girls, good game calloray
:wenumber1 congrats girls, good game calloray
"smoothie" Wrote:Way to go Lady Hornets!!!

Calloray Howard dominated in the paint tonight as she finished with 19 pts. and 10 rebounds and held Jarrell to 4 pts. (not sure about rebounds)
Brittany Manns finished with 16; Ashley Jade Howard 13; Michaela Howard 4; Megan Powers 9; Ashley Hall 4.

Keep up the hard work Lady Hornets

Glad to see the hornets back into swing of things! GOOD GAME GIRLS!
nice win magoffin, calloray played excellent against wat is said the best post player in the 15th, but anyways, the carroll girls are very good, VERY GOOD, i really didnt think or know that they were that good of ball players, wat grade is these 2 girls in??
"FrAnKeE" Wrote:nice win magoffin, calloray played excellent against wat is said the best post player in the 15th, but anyways, the carroll girls are very good, VERY GOOD, i really didnt think or know that they were that good of ball players, wat grade is these 2 girls in??

I believe ones a jr and ones a sophmore. and your right they are Very good players!
"FrAnKeE" Wrote:nice win magoffin, calloray played excellent against wat is said the best post player in the 15th, but anyways, the carroll girls are very good, VERY GOOD, i really didnt think or know that they were that good of ball players, wat grade is these 2 girls in??

How many baskets did Calloray get against Jarrell seeing that she wasn't in the game very much due to foul trouble.
I'm not blaming Mike Hall for Paintsville's loss, but one of these days he is gonna get his.

I'm gonna tell ALL you guys a lil story, some background info to why Mike Hall didn't like me and why he doesn't like Chelsee.

My Junior year (02') we (Paintsville) were playing Sheldon Clark in the district championship in baseball (Mike Hall is the head coach). I struck out late in the game and while we were throwin the ball around in between innings Mike Halls walks to his coaching box at 3rd base (I played 3rd base) and starts laughing and running his mouth making fun of me. When it came time for me to toss the ball to the dugout (on the 3rd base line) I hit him with it. So here comes my Senior year in basketball, and EVERY time Hall reffed one of our games he fouled me out, as quick as he could. After about 8-9 games of him doin that to me I told him he was a piece of sh**. So now, he does the same thing to Chelsee EVERY time he refs one of Paintsville's games, but he didn't wait til her senior year, he has done it the last couple years.
He called FOUR of Chelsee's FIVE fouls tonight.

Again, I am not blaming Mike Hall for Paintsville's loss tonight, but if he has got a problem with me, he needs to take it up with me instead of taking it out on my little sister, that's sad a grown man acts like that.

Congrats Magoffin County on the victory tonight.

Lady Tigers, hold your heads up, you got a HUGE game coming up friday night against Johnson Central.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:How many baskets did Calloray get against Jarrell seeing that she wasn't in the game very much due to foul trouble.

fouls or not, calloray played a heck of a game, i have to say jarrell is good, but man, u cant blame it on fouls, thats part of the game
"FrAnKeE" Wrote:fouls or not, calloray played a heck of a game, i have to say jarrell is good, but man, u cant blame it on fouls, thats part of the game

I'm not blaming it on fouls. You said "Calloray played excellent against what is said the best post player in the 15th". All I asked was how many baskets did she get against Jarrell. There are things people need to know, she had 19 points right, how many of those 19 were against Jarrell, not many. Congrats to Calloray on a good game, I have never said one bad thing about her, heard Alice Lloyd was there watching her tonight, hope everything works out for her. I would just like to see one game between Chelsee and Calloray where foul trouble is not a factor for either, they both would have a double-double. That's the kind of games we should see, not this BS where one is on the bench half the game cause of fouls, and ridiculous fouls at that.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:I'm not blaming it on fouls. You said "Calloray played excellent against what is said the best post player in the 15th". All I asked was how many baskets did she get against Jarrell. There are things people need to know, she had 19 points right, how many of those 19 were against Jarrell, not many. Congrats to Calloray on a good game, I have never said one bad thing about her, heard Alice Lloyd was there watching her tonight, hope everything works out for her. I would just like to see one game between Chelsee and Calloray where foul trouble is not a factor for either, they both would have a double-double. That's the kind of games we should see, not this BS where one is on the bench half the game cause of fouls, and ridiculous fouls at that.

yes calloray did play a heck of a game, and no i did not say a word bad about jarrell, but jarrell did get in foul trouble, like it or not thats how the game went, iam just posting facts on the game, and did i say calloray scored all 19 on jarrell, no i dont think i did, all i said was calloray played excellent against jarrell, iam not taking nothing away from jarrell, she is a good player, but the game went as it did
Lady Tigers, hold your heads up. Kendra carroll, Lorah carroll YOU GIRLS ARE AWESOME! Calloray played excellent. Chelsee Jarrell hold your head up. Mike Hall wanted you out of the game and he made sure of it! Also #15 of MC He called ALL FOUR of her fouls.
Congrats Magoffin County.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:How many baskets did Calloray get against Jarrell seeing that she wasn't in the game very much due to foul trouble.
i can think of 3 one was a 3 point play jarrell was guarding her i can see she is a desent player paintsville sisnt go to her much and she kinda just stood there i overheard couple of other people were commenting on it too
"FrAnKeE" Wrote:yes calloray did play a heck of a game, and no i did not say a word bad about jarrell, but jarrell did get in foul trouble, like it or not thats how the game went, iam just posting facts on the game, and did i say calloray scored all 19 on jarrell, no i dont think i did, all i said was calloray played excellent against jarrell, iam not taking nothing away from jarrell, she is a good player, but the game went as it did

FrAnKeE buddy, I never said you said anything bad about her, I simply quoted what you said, actually copy and pasted what you said infact. Also I never said that you said Calloray scored all 19 against Jarrell, I asked you how many baskets Calloray had against her, that's all I asked, never once did I accuse you of saying that. If you will re-read my post you will see that I never accused you of any of the above. Jarrell always gets in foul trouble when Mike Hall refs, every time she sees that he will be reffing their game she automatically gets her head down cause she knows whats going to happen.
Congrats to the Lady Hornets, I know PC all about your family's trouble against Hall. Heck I'm just as much part of it as you are, been best buds since we were 2, and I'll agree that it needs to stop and he should take it up with you. But I'm glad to see the Hornets get back on the winning track, just wasn't glad that it came against the Tigers. Girls, a huge game this Friday, forget about it, water under the bridge, now focus on your next opponent. Finish the regular season strong and take that into districts.
Wish I would of been at this game, when is districts for Magoffin and who do they play or has that been determined yet.
I blame the whole mess of officiating on KHSAA. They have no business allowing referees to call games in their home region. If a referee graduates from a school in, say, the 15th region, they should not be allowed to call games there. They should be calling in the 14th or 16th. This is not directed specifically at Mike Hall, but all officials. Although.......some I've seen call this year look so old, their yearbooks were carved out of stone. :omg:
I have never been one to blame refs. But as I watched this game, I actually thought that the ref that looks like he has had a few too many buritos, was really cheating.
The Chick ref was absolutely clueless tonight and that is unusual for her, MH called his usual game.
I don't think the outcome would have been changed, but MC came out with fire in their eyes and Paintsville answered every time. Very good game til Paintsville was tagged with early and often foul trouble. I am not saying that they didn't foul, but how can refs justify calling fouls 30 feet from the ball for contact in the paint that was irrelevent to any action at the time, but allow the other team to use their knees, stomach and forearms when guarding the ballhandler???
I like the way MC plays and they are very, very good. But if you are gonna call pidly shit on one end, then not call shit on the other, you are showing favoritism.
Believe me, as a Paintsville fan, I know plenty about it!!
Jarrell didn't get to play but 9 minutes in the first half, and the 13 minutes she played in the second half didn't even bring a sweat!!!
Magoffin plays aggressive D and that always picks up fouls, except, that with 3+ minutes to go, only 10 total fouls were called against them! By then, they were up 16 points, and fouls started getting called on them....very interesting I thought!!
I have seen this a plenty, over the years.....
Call fouls enough to handicap one team, and then when the game is all but over, play catchup with the fouls!!!
Again...MC deserved the win....just wish they had to work a little harder for it.
Calloray is good, but she scored 6 points against Jarrell, and 2 of those came with Jarrell carrying 4 fouls and knowing she would not be allowed to breath on Howard.
But if you want to base Calloray as being the best, based on this game, then you might want to go ahead and say that Carroll and Carroll are better than Howard and Manns, cause they were this night!!
Good luck to both teams the rest of the way!!
"The Guru" Wrote:I have never been one to blame refs. But as I watched this game, I actually thought that the ref that looks like he has had a few too many buritos, was really cheating.
The Chick ref was absolutely clueless tonight and that is unusual for her, MH called his usual game.
I don't think the outcome would have been changed, but MC came out with fire in their eyes and Paintsville answered every time. Very good game til Paintsville was tagged with early and often foul trouble. I am not saying that they didn't foul, but how can refs justify calling fouls 30 feet from the ball for contact in the paint that was irrelevent to any action at the time, but allow the other team to use their knees, stomach and forearms when guarding the ballhandler???
I like the way MC plays and they are very, very good. But if you are gonna call pidly shit on one end, then not call shit on the other, you are showing favoritism.
Believe me, as a Paintsville fan, I know plenty about it!!
Jarrell didn't get to play gut 9 minutes in the first half, and the 13 minutes she played in the second half didn't even bring a sweat!!!
Magoffin plays aggressive D and that always picks up fouls, except, that with 3+ minutes to go, only 10 total fouls were called against them! By then, they were up 16 points, and fouls started getting called on them....very interesting I thought!!
I have seen this a plenty, over the years.....
Call fouls enough to handicap one team, and then when the game is all but over, play catchup with the fouls!!!
Again...MC deserved the win....just wish they had to work a little harder for it.
Calloray is good, but she scored 6 points against Jarrell, and 2 of those came with Jarrell carrying 4 fouls and knowing she would not be allowed to breath on Howard.
But if you want to base Calloray as being the best, based on this game, then you might want to go ahead and say that Carroll and Carroll are better than Howard and Manns, cause they were this night!!
Good luck to both teams the rest of the way!!

Good post Guru.
A tape of every game that Mike Hall calls when Paintsville plays needs to be sent to the KHSAA commissioner. He has shafted PHS every game he has called. He is a coach in the 57th district. How in the hell does he get assigned a district game?????

Guru, why don't we become umpires and try to get every one of SCHS's games. Hell, I wouldn't allow his team to beat a group of 5 year olds. Hall has a personal vendetta against PHS and especially Chelsee Jarrell.

Katie Adams and Chelsee Jarrell couldn't touch anyone without getting a foul. Ashley Howard could bump, slap, grind, and push all night and got 2 fouls??????

I'm done, I'm off here.
I have finally moved from "the other site". There is more eastern KY things on here.

I thought this would be a good game and it was. I brought my daughter with me so she could see intense basketbakk the way it should be played. A few observations from what everyone is saying:
1)Calloray Howard outplayed Jarrell tonight. But, Jarrell didn't have much of a chance being whistled for very questionable calls. I thought Calloray got away with anything she wanted.
2)Michaela Howard was whistled for cheap fouls.
3)Where was the State Police when you need them? Ashley Jade Howard mugged everybody all night. She could have killed someone and gotten away with it.
4)Paintsville's #15 was whistled for cheap fouls.
5)Paintsville will not win the region. They have a major handicap in Kendra Carroll. She is a ball hog and all she wants are the glory and the points. I said that after Prestonsburg beat Paintsville at Prestonsburg. She would rather shoot with someone all over her that pass to an open teammate. Most of last night she had her head down trying to drive past a defender and couldn't see open teammates. SHE WILL BE THE DOWNFALL OF PAINTSVILLE THIS YEAR AND NEXT YEAR. Lets just hope she gets a full ride out of itRolleyes .

I hope our girls start playing good again. If we face Paintsville in the region, we know how to beat them. We proved once and we'll prove it again.
Funny how he and his borther called the Paintsville and BL boys game Tuesday night and the Tigers lost a 17 point lead due to foul trouble. HMMM!
A couple of things here. Everytime MC wins a game it is blamed on poor refs. Now granted that there has been some poorly called games, some going to the good for MC, some going to the bad and some that doesn't help either team. Some people lable it as "HOMECOOKING" some don't, but I was at this game and for the ones saying that this game was a personal vandetta against Chelsee and Paintsville are crazy. I know of 4 occassions that there were missed calls against, or my gosh Paintsville. One was on a inbound play when russell plain out lost the ball while out of bounds, no one from MC touched it, but paintsville kept the ball. Who called that? Mike Hall, "who hates PHS". Didn't help MC that time. Another was a flying elbow from Chelsee vs Ashley J. Howard. Howard went down hard, but was anything called? NO!! so how was the refs trying to get Jarrell out wheh they could had then? Another was when K. Carroll had the ball on her end of the court and she dribbled up the sideline out of trouble and she stepped out of bounds, right in front of the "Paintsville Hating" Mike Hall and you know he let that go. Strange since he hates them so much. IMO the game changed due to the fact after the half that when PHS went on that 4-0 run to cut into the lead, Steve Miller played "stall ball" and took at least 4:00+ off the clock by dribbling near the midcourt line. PHS played off of Megan Powers Wed. night and she was 5/5 from the field including a 3pter. Way to go Megan, great game. By saying the refs let Calloray have the game she did made no sence to me. Calloray missed her first 6 shots, but she didn't quit, which is credit to her. Now if anyone wants to compare a "bad" called game vs. a "good" or "average" game than check out MC vs. Jc on Feb. 10 @ JCHS. That game was horrible and everybody knows it on both sides. Wed. game was no were near a horribly called game, but I guess it was MC getting another win and people don't except that. If you want to look at vendetta's vs. someone than look at MC's whole team, because win or lose, somebody accuses them of cheating or getting the calls. That pothetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have apparently cheated 18 times this year, but didn't for 5 games and we lost. HMMM seems like a pattern to me. Mc really sucks and it shows doesn't it? Well for me I will take my sucky, cheatin, no good team over any team around. It's called talent and yes MC...that's MAGOFFIN COUNTY located between Morgan and Johnson for those of you who don't know. Yes there is talent here!!! So give them credit and stop blaming when MC wins. GO HORNETS!!!!!!