Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Releases Apology/Statement About "Hot Mic" Incident
For those following:
http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headlines/...07511.html
Great, now do something to improve your sports programming, or at least get it back to the level it was at several years ago.
Brian Milam is building a strong sportscast in Lexington as he did at WYMT. Give these guys a chance to build back.
Lol. That was a back handed apology.
:lame:

:dudecomeon:
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Just for the record..... Here is the JC vs. Covington Catholic history.
The record is tied 3-3. All six games have been played at Johnsonville County Central. Also all six games have been in the play-offs.

2006: Covington Catholic 38-14 (3A Semi-State) Cov. Cath. won the 3A state title that season.
2008: Johnson Central 49-14 (5A 2nd Round)
2009: Johnson Central 51-32 (5A 2nd Round)
2010: Johnson Central 41-28 (5A 2nd Round)
2012: Covington Catholic 15-45 (4A 2nd Round)
2013: Covington Catholic 14-42 (4A 2nd Round)
Well atleast they acknowledged they made a mistake..lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
lol, the butthurt is oozing.
Wymt sports overtime is #1 in my book....no talking during commercial guys. Confusedhh:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Just for the record..... Here is the JC vs. Covington Catholic history.
The record is tied 3-3. All six games have been played at Johnsonville County Central. Also all six games have been in the play-offs.

2006: Covington Catholic 38-14 (3A Semi-State) Cov. Cath. won the 3A state title that season.
2008: Johnson Central 49-14 (5A 2nd Round)
2009: Johnson Central 51-32 (5A 2nd Round)
2010: Johnson Central 41-28 (5A 2nd Round)
2012: Covington Catholic 15-45 (4A 2nd Round)
2013: Covington Catholic 14-42 (4A 2nd Round)

I think it's awesome that you are so passionate about Johnson Central athletics. Any chance you can give us one of these breakdowns that shows the series history with Highlands? People should understand that just because you get beat down by a team to the tune of 30 points in back-to-back years doesn't mean you can't currently beat them. They probably just had a tummy ache those Fridays.
WYMT is a small, marginal TV station. They will never have good announcers, only new entry level ones. We got spoiled by getting to watch Milam and Casebolt on their way up. We will never see that again or a good quality sportscast. I hate to be harsh, but that is the hard, economic truth.

People at JC could care less what WYMT thinks of them. If WYMT went off the air tomorrow no big deal. We have never been respected by them and it looks like they will admit it on the air now. Go ahead and cover the Hazard and Pulaski area teams, we do not care.

As one poster stated on another thread, this will make great locker room material. Jim Matney will use this time and time again in his "they don't respect us" speeches and I would too! This could be the gift that keeps on giving!

As one
running_clock Wrote:I think it's awesome that you are so passionate about Johnson Central athletics. Any chance you can give us one of these breakdowns that shows the series history with Highlands? People should understand that just because you get beat down by a team to the tune of 30 points in back-to-back years doesn't mean you can't currently beat them. They probably just had a tummy ache those Fridays.
All four games that JC has played against Highlands were in the playoffs. JC is 0-4 vs. The Bluebirds

2008: vs. Highlands 35-21 (5A playoffs; 3rd round) Highlands was 14-1 and won the 5A state championship.
2009: @ Highlands 42-21 (5A playoffs; 3rd round) Highlands was 15-0 and and won the 5A state championship.
National Rankings..... USA Today: 3rd, RivalsHigh 100: 8th, ESPN FAB 50: 8th, MaxPreps Xcellent 25: 8th
2010: vs. Highlands 21-14 (5A playoffs; 3rd round) Highlands was 14-1 and won the 5A state championship.
2011: @ Highlands 67-20 (4A playoffs; 2nd round) Highlands was 15-0 and won the 4A state championship.

Not too bad.... 58-2 over a four year span, winning four state championships in the process.
MonsterMan Wrote:WYMT is a small, marginal TV station. They will never have good announcers, only new entry level ones. We got spoiled by getting to watch Milam and Casebolt on their way up. We will never see that again or a good quality sportscast. I hate to be harsh, but that is the hard, economic truth.

People at JC could care less what WYMT thinks of them. If WYMT went off the air tomorrow no big deal. We have never been respected by them and it looks like they will admit it on the air now. Go ahead and cover the Hazard and Pulaski area teams, we do not care.

As one poster stated on another thread, this will make great locker room material. Jim Matney will use this time and time again in his "they don't respect us" speeches and I would too! This could be the gift that keeps on giving!

As one

The last 48 hours of posting would suggest otherwise.

WYMT apologizes for Sports Overtime incident
Posted: Tue 2:14 PM, Oct 07, 2014

By: Nathan Lyttle

WYMT would like to address an issue that came up during our Sports Overtime broadcast on Friday, October 3rd.

We would like to address an issue that came up during our Sports Overtime broadcast on Friday, October 3rd.

A statement could be heard from the anchors at the end of one of the commercial breaks regarding one school's inability to beat certain schools from Northern Kentucky.

The anchor's microphones were turned on when they were supposed to be off.

"The incident was a careless mistake on my part, and I apologize to anyone who felt offended or as though they were the target of what was said. It was said in a casual conversation with no intent to belittle or poke fun at any Eastern Kentucky school. We as a sports department, and as a station, take great pride in covering all 43 high school football teams in Eastern/Southeastern Kentucky and have worked hard to develop strong relationships with each of those schools. While some programs may be more successful, we do not value any one program more than the others, and always pull for all area teams to go as far as they can in the postseason," said WYMT Sports Director Josh McKinney.

"I can assure you that our sports team regrets and has learned from the mistake that was made. We are taking steps to make sure this never happens again. Meanwhile, we will continue to provide coverage of ALL mountain football teams that you will not see anywhere else." said WYMT News Director Steve Hensley.

Again, we regret the mistake that was made and will continue to work hard to be your source for local news, weather and sports.

Wow, that apology, if you want to call it that, is worthless. Why not go ahead and fess up to the team you were discussing to put some type of meaning behind it? You obviously didn't care to mention them while making the comment so why can't you repeat their name again instead of issuing a blanket statement that could be applied to numerous schools instead of the one you were chastising? While you are at it, correct what was said during your conversation and say "inability to beat one Northern Kentucky School that has only lost one game to a Kentucky team since 2010." I guess to get the facts you would have to go out of your way and do a little research, something you all obviously fail at. You all didn't work hard to establish those relationships, your predecessors did. Milam, Rock and Casebolt were the class of WYMT and now we are stuck with two guys that have about as much talent as a high school news station. With your comments you alienated the group you were talking about and can now cover 42 for all we care. Never show favoritism? Had it been about Hazard or Perry Central, you all would've been run out of town the next day had something not been done immediately. But now that you admit you were wrong you think everything is fine. The station issues a statement for damage control, not during a broadcast like where comment was made, burying it in website because you are too cowardly to get in front of the camera and admit guilt. With that being said you can shove this crap apology up your rear. And for the last statement, don't bother. I'd rather get my news from WSAZ or a true journalist in Brain on WKYT.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:lol, the butthurt is oozing.

Probably shouldn't air your personal problems.
This has been blown up way too much. I can understand getting a little bit offended, but gees if we were all held accountable for what was said off air or behind closed doors,we would all be in trouble all the time. Let it go.
I think we need a group hug so we can mend all of these emotional scars left by such a malicious act of child character assassination.
One thing about it Wymt is spot on. I have been saying this for how long now?????????????
It all comes down to JC just wanting some attention they haven't gotten much this year. They have been to busy playing the foreign teams.
Paula Dean Wrote:

WYMT would like to address an issue that came up during our Sports Overtime broadcast on Friday, October 3rd.

We would like to address an issue that came up during our Sports Overtime broadcast on Friday, October 3rd.

A statement could be heard from the anchors at the end of one of the commercial breaks regarding one school's inability to beat certain schools from Northern Kentucky.

"The incident was a careless mistake on my part, and I apologize to anyone who felt offended or as though they were the target of what was said. It was said in a casual conversation with no intent to belittle or poke fun at any Eastern Kentucky school. We as a sports department, and as a station, take great pride in covering all 43 high school football teams in Eastern/Southeastern Kentucky and have worked hard to develop strong relationships with each of those schools. While some programs may be more successful, we do not value any one program more than the others, and always pull for all area teams to go as far as they can in the postseason," said WYMT Sports Director Josh McKinney.

"I can assure you that our sports team regrets and has learned from the mistake that was made. We are taking steps to make sure this never happens again. Meanwhile, we will continue to provide coverage of ALL mountain football teams that you will not see anywhere else." said WYMT News Director Steve Hensley.

Again, we regret the mistake that was made and will continue to work hard to be your source for local news, weather and sports.

Wow, that apology, if you want to call it that, is worthless. Why not go ahead and fess up to the team you were discussing to put some type of meaning behind it? You obviously didn't care to mention them while making the comment so why can't you repeat their name again instead of issuing a blanket statement that could be applied to numerous schools instead of the one you were chastising? While you are at it, correct what was said during your conversation and say "inability to beat one Northern Kentucky School that has only lost one game to a Kentucky team since 2010." I guess to get the facts you would have to go out of your way and do a little research, something you all obviously fail at. You all didn't work hard to establish those relationships, your predecessors did. Milam, Rock and Casebolt were the class of WYMT and now we are stuck with two guys that have about as much talent as a high school news station. With your comments you alienated the group you were talking about and can now cover 42 for all we care. Never show favoritism? Had it been about Hazard or Perry Central, you all would've been run out of town the next day had something not been done immediately. But now that you admit you were wrong you think everything is fine. The station issues a statement for damage control, not during a broadcast like where comment was made, burying it in website because you are too cowardly to get in front of the camera and admit guilt. With that being said you can shove this crap apology up your rear. And for the last statement, don't bother. I'd rather get my news from WSAZ or a true journalist in Brain on WKYT.

Tell us how you really feel???????????? :biglmao::flame: Confusednicker:
Why would any one care.
I don't get it. Why all the fuss?
It was a mistake. But they are entitled to have personal opinions, even as journalists/sportscasters. They aren't necessarily wrong. My advice, handle it like Pikeville did. For years it was all "why does Belfry and Pikeville even play? They can't beat Belfry, never will again, it's just a fact of life, blah blah blah." JC needs to put their big boy pants on, and go handle it on the field to shut people up like Pikeville did this year with Belfry, Prestonsburg, Middlesboro, and Hazard (so far). THEN they can tell people to go pound sand. Until then, it's better to just put their collective heads down and grind to get over that hump.
KyRock Wrote:Tell us how you really feel???????????? :biglmao::flame: Confusednicker:

Confusednicker:
topnotch Wrote:Why would any one care.

I dontSmile
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The last 48 hours of posting would suggest otherwise.

I disagree. JC fans were upset, but could care less. They expected it. Two different things. I think the Eagle Nation has been relatively quite. I can only imagine what would had happened if they had said something about some other teams here!
PHSForever Wrote:It was a mistake. But they are entitled to have personal opinions, even as journalists/sportscasters. They aren't necessarily wrong. My advice, handle it like Pikeville did. For years it was all "why does Belfry and Pikeville even play? They can't beat Belfry, never will again, it's just a fact of life, blah blah blah." JC needs to put their big boy pants on, and go handle it on the field to shut people up like Pikeville did this year with Belfry, Prestonsburg, Middlesboro, and Hazard (so far). THEN they can tell people to go pound sand. Until then, it's better to just put their collective heads down and grind to get over that hump.

If the WYMT announcer's were on Sports Center then they could trash talk. These are high school programs and we watch the broadcasts for facts, not their unique insight or what they think of a program. If this was a mistake, it only reinforces the bush league manner in which they are produced.

By the way, JC put on their "big boy pants" a long time ago and has beat most, if not all, the Mountain Teams. The team we have not beat has only lost one state championship in a lot of years. If we need to be ridiculed for that, then close the mike and tell someone who cares!
MonsterMan Wrote:I disagree. JC fans were upset, but could care less. They expected it. Two different things. I think the Eagle Nation has been relatively quite. I can only imagine what would had happened if they had said something about some other teams here!

:thatsfunn

You must have not read the other thread.
KyRock Wrote:It all comes down to JC just wanting some attention they haven't gotten much this year. They have been to busy playing the foreign teams.

“ bunch of drama queens” . How do you get on this post and say such a think being from LC. Let me do a quick summary of KY Rock’s and his fellow LC trolls history of LC football season so far.
In accordance with KY Rock and his fellow LC trolls, in the beginning Coach Cecil could do no wrong and he had the mighty Dogs rolling with wins over Boyd (47-25) and Rowan County (54-29) but only a 29-24 win over Fairview case some concerns. However, KY Rock continues to proclaim his Mighty Dogs could beat JC and he wanted JC put on the schedule next year. (By the way JC had week 2 & 3 open next year and we have not received the return call from LC yet) The dogs continue to hunt with wins over Breathitt Count (48-27) and East Carter (42-10) and KY Rock and his fellow trolls continue to talk their trash. Then the tiny Class A team from Raceland came to town. In a few hours this tiny team from Raceland single handed brought down the house of dreams for the dogs. After a 47-14 pounding KY Rock and his trolls started calling for the Coach Cecil’s head. However, with the 28-`14 win over SC had settled the waters for now. This has allowed KY Rock and his fellow trolls to start back trolling. Welcome back MR. Troll, welcome back.
With or without taking your medication KY Rock this must be one hell of a ride for you so far.
Paula Dean Wrote:

Then do it and stop whining.

Things like this follow this pattern without fail:
1. Somebody says something stupid.
2. People are offended and throw a fit and whine like it's the end of the world.
3. Offended, whining, fit throwing people demand an apology.
4. Offending party issues apology.
5. Apology is rejected and more whining and fit-throwing ensues.

Give me a break. It was a stupid comment, but the reaction by some is more stupid.:Shaking:

Confusedhh: