Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Knox Central
88.24%
Clay County
11.76%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Clay County 10-3
panther nation Wrote:What has happen to clay this year? I thought they would been a contender for district this year. I know they have had a few injuries.

I thought this years Clay team would be better than they were last year. They have had some bad luck with the injury bug and off the field issues but it's still surprising to me just how bad they've been this year.
Pantherfan59 Wrote:Very true. Film will be brutal. Whitley shouldn't have had a shot in that game. You can't neat Harlan 35-8 and then squeak by Whitley 33-28. The panthers that played Harlan county need to show up Friday.

:hilarious:

I didn't know Whitley was so below the great Knox County. Whitley would put a running clock on Harlan. Why you think there similar is beyond me. Whitley would beat Harlan worse than Knox did because they would throw the ball all over the film.

Don't let nobody fool you. Knox, Whitley, and Rockcastle are VERY evenly matched teams.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote::hilarious:

I didn't know Whitley was so below the great Knox County. Whitley would put a running clock on Harlan. Why you think there similar is beyond me. Whitley would beat Harlan worse than Knox did because they would throw the ball all over the film.

Don't let nobody fool you. Knox, Whitley, and Rockcastle are VERY evenly matched teams.

With Barger Knox is better
Lack of leadership is probably what is killing Clay. They have size up front, good backs to run the ball. But, they probably lack that presence in the huddle that picks them up when they are down.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote::hilarious:

They aren't similar at all. I was referring to the consistency of knox. Against Harlan, Knox came out and absolutely dominated. Against Whitley, they started strong, then leveled out because they figured they had it in the bag I guess. Let Whitley get the lead. Then it was a dog fight.
Knox Central - 44

Clay County - 14
Barger will be back for clay mark it down !!!! So clay has no chance.
Barger is playing Friday night . Makes no sense to me why risk further injury in a game that I would think we win with a running clock without him and next week being a off week. This would give him two more weeks to completely heal in hopes of there first district championship in 40 years
^
I heard today that he was going to play. I agree 100% that he should sit this one out as well. But the boy has heart and he wants to play every game he can his sr year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
When you start letting 18 year olds start making decisions you are asking for trouble. I can't believe our staff would even consider it.
insideinfo Wrote:When you start letting 18 year olds start making decisions you are asking for trouble. I can't believe our staff would even consider it.

Well when you are asleep tonight and the 18 year olds that are fighting for you half way around the world I hope they can make a good decision before they die for you !!! It's a football game are you serious !!
Barger has more heart than most of you people on here he does not want this game to go as a loss and if it does he wants to be part of that loss !!!
Let me say this. All of us on BGR are sports fanatics. We relive our high school days on here, trash talking and predicting the future. There is a reason you are on this site: you love sports. Now go back to your alls senior year of high school and play this scenario In your head: you're a senior and the star of the football team you play for. Your days on the football field are numbered, and then you get hurt.

Would you not do anything possible to get back on the field? I know I would. I would give my right arm to go back on that field one more time with my teammates. Say what you all want, but as a leader of his team, matthew made the right decision.

Good luck to the panthers Friday night. God Bless.
Throwitdown Wrote:Barger has more heart than most of you people on here he does not want this game to go as a loss and if it does he wants to be part of that loss !!!

This has nothing to do about heart, this is about going deeper in the playoff than ever before. And if you think him playing against Clay is a big deal you must not think the first district championship since 75 and getting a chance to play for a regional championship is important.
insideinfo Wrote:This has nothing to do about heart, this is about going deeper in the playoff than ever before. And if you think him playing against Clay is a big deal you must not think the first district championship since 75 and getting a chance to play for a regional championship is important.

Why don't you comment about the 18 year olds fighting for you !!!! Who makes that decision ???
insideinfo Wrote:This has nothing to do about heart, this is about going deeper in the playoff than ever before. And if you think him playing against Clay is a big deal you must not think the first district championship since 75 and getting a chance to play for a regional championship is important.

I think I know him better than you ever will .. Shows how much you know yes if did not get released to play and they would loose he feel that he was part of that !
Knox takes this one easily.

Knox 42
Clay 14
I think the Panthers will be too much, winning 41-14.
Knox by 20
Ill take Knox in this one 34-6
Rough week in clay....just sayin :popcorn:
How is the injury situation for Clay?
Barger must not be hurt as bad as Knox people let on.. Must not had broke ribs!!
Maybe bruised
Pantherfan59 Wrote:They aren't similar at all. I was referring to the consistency of knox. Against Harlan, Knox came out and absolutely dominated. Against Whitley, they started strong, then leveled out because they figured they had it in the bag I guess. Let Whitley get the lead. Then it was a dog fight.

Started strong and thought they had it in the bag?
Whitley led at halftime....
Knox will take the first step in capturing the elusive first district championship.