Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Knox Central
88.24%
Clay County
11.76%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Clay County 10-3
Thoughts on this district matchup?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Can't count anybody completely out, but Knox wins going away.Clay seems to be really struggling after opening the season with high hopes.
Knox Central 30
Clay County 14
District match-ups are always wild. If Knox utilizes their gameplan, they have the starters out at halftime. If not, could be a dog fight.
Make that a cat fight. Panthers by 18.
If Barger comes back, Knox becomes dangerous again. Right now they seem to be one dimensional. Run, run, run, pass. With Barger in the mix, a throw on first down becomes feasible. Keeps defenses on their toes. Once that happens, Knox can have fun with their play-calling and the Knox defense will be able to play much looser.
Barger will not play in this game, that's already been determined by his doctor. He might be back in 2 more weeks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Knox Central 42
Clay County 13

I normally don't like to pick against clay county....Just sayin. :poker face:
Last year, injuries killed Knox. Hopefully that won't be the case this year. Knox has so much depth it isnt even funny. The problem Knox has is finding a way to effectively use that depth. A good problem to have, but a daunting task for any coaching staff. With barger, they are elite. Without, they'll still get the job done.
64SUR Wrote:Knox Central 42
Clay County 13

I normally don't like to pick against clay county....Just sayin. :poker face:

Thanks 64 I've noticed lately that other than the burg and area team you pick has had some bad luck!!!Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Pantherfan59 Wrote:Last year, injuries killed Knox. Hopefully that won't be the case this year. Knox has so much depth it isnt even funny. The problem Knox has is finding a way to effectively use that depth. A good problem to have, but a daunting task for any coaching staff. With barger, they are elite. Without, they'll still get the job done.

I agree the injury bug killed the panthers last year. Without Barger coach Russell needs to still mix his plays up more. He is getting predictable in his play calling. Ever team know without Barger it will be run,run, pass, and punt. The panthers have plenty of WRs to use and who have good hands not to use them the way they should be used.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote:Thanks 64 I've noticed lately that other than the burg and area team you pick has had some bad luck!!!Confusednicker:

I need to make this clear, I did vote for Clay in the poll vote...Just sayin 1 vote Confusedhh:
If you get beat down by Leslie Co in football there's a problem.
Knox with a running clock.
If Clay watched the Whitley county game they figured out the recipe for defeating Knox Central. Spread the field out, use a mobile QB to challenge the tackling skills of the Central linebackers.
^^
Trust me they will be addressed today in film study.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Very true. Film will be brutal. Whitley shouldn't have had a shot in that game. You can't neat Harlan 35-8 and then squeak by Whitley 33-28. The panthers that played Harlan county need to show up Friday.
Beat*
With Barger not playing it could be closer but I still think Knox Central wins with ease and a running clock
Knox hopefully mixes the play calling in this one to help them in the long run but still win by at least 3 TDS either way...
Knox 35 Clay 7

WE ARE KC!!!
K C by 21
If the same KC shows up that played Harlan county it should be a running clock by half. But if the same one that played the last 2 weeks it could be a whole lot closer than the panthers want it to be.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote:Thanks 64 I've noticed lately that other than the burg and area team you pick has had some bad luck!!!Confusednicker:

I have no clue what you are talking about panther nation.....I only said Whitley county had a shot against Knox Central...Confusednicker:
Knox does not have 10 passing attempts for the game, and wins big.
Panthers will manhandle Tigers up front.
^^
I don't think that there is a team in the distict that can match up with the size that the panthers have up front and depth on the line either..
Clay will get a heavy dose of Mills and Johnson all night. Wouldn't be surprised if KC only throws the ball 3-5 times if they throw it that many..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Knox
Watched both teams, Clay has regressed since they beat Perry, Knox has improved. That said, Knox wins this one easily.

Knox 49
Clay 6
Ballers Wrote:If you get beat down by Leslie Co in football there's a problem.
Knox with a running clock.

What school do you pull for?? Have you seen Leslie play this season? A very solid team.
I Rule The World Wrote:What school do you pull for?? Have you seen Leslie play this season? A very solid team.

He's a Cordia fan. Confusednicker:
What has happen to clay this year? I thought they would been a contender for district this year. I know they have had a few injuries.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!