Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell Softball
Can anyone confirm if Russell has hired Dave Wheeler from Boyd County as their new softball coach and if his daughter will be transferring to Red Devil Land?
Russell ad Sam Sparks confirmed in a tweet today that in fact Dave wheeler is the new Russell head softball coach.

Congratulations to Dave Wheeler on the Russell job.:devilflam As far as his daughter coming to Russell i'm not sure but I would guess she would come with him. What grade is wheelers daughter in anyway? Last year there was a Taylor Wheeler who was a senior at Boyd County.
Here is what Sparks tweeted,

Russell High School would like to welcome Coach Dave Wheeler as the new head softball coach of the Lady Devils.
That's wonderful news for Russell. Dave has a great Softball / Baseball mind. One heck of a player back in the day. He will do a great job for his old buddy Sam!
Who is Dave Wheeler?
Mr. E. Mann Wrote:Who is Dave Wheeler?
I think he was an assistant at Boyd County and is now the head coach at Russell. I'm not sure if he has been a head coach anywhere else or not.
Maybe someone else can give us more info on Dave Wheeler's coaching back ground?
Not sure on his entire coaching background, but he and the BC Baseball coach (Ramsey) run a baseball/softball instructional facility in Lockwood. He instructs primarily in hitting both individually along with teams. He played in MLB at the minor league level. Not sure what kind of head coach he'll make - time will tell.

As for his youngest daughter, she is currently in 8th grade at BCMS. She had major playing time on Boyd's girls varisty basketball team last season as a 7th grader - very good guard. I have heard she is staying put, but I can't confirm that.
I take it by reading these posts that he was the big gorilla, dumber than a box of rocks guy that helped out with BC Softball the last several years.
Mr. E. Mann Wrote:I take it by reading these posts that he was the big gorilla, dumber than a box of rocks guy that helped out with BC Softball the last several years.
What School do you root for I know I've asked you before? Are you afraid to tell because someone might take shots at your school?:biglmao: After all, all you seem to do is go around trying to Trash Russell.
Not trashing Russell, just think you guys are some what of the elite mentality like your counter part down the road a little.

Back to Sam's selection and the hiring of Dave Wheeler. Hope it works out for the girls. Is he a teacher in the Russell school system or a para-professional?

From what I heard he is a clone of the boys basketball coach. Good luck !:Thumbs: