Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ironton, OH 36 Russell 9
final:HitWall:
I really thought that this would be the year Russell would finally beat Ironton.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I honestly thought this was gonna be a close game.
After Russell barely beats Greenup...what gives you optimism there? Just an honest question? Is Ironton supposedly that down??
Diogenes Wrote:After Russell barely beats Greenup...what gives you optimism there? Just an honest question? Is Ironton supposedly that down??

Yea, Ironton is supposedly down this year. I'm not sure how far down.
Ironton down a little doesn't mean Russell can play with them. Russell has been down for years.
Miss Ivan yet?:biglmao:
Bad tackling, dropped balls, penalties at the wrong time (not that there is a good time). Kids played their heart of but a few missed assignments and errors and would have been closer. Still would have lost but would have been closer.
DevilWatcher Wrote:Bad tackling, dropped balls, penalties at the wrong time (not that there is a good time). Kids played their heart of but a few missed assignments and errors and would have been closer. Still would have lost but would have been closer.

If I were coach Maynard and a player got a personal foul for running there mouth I would sit there butt on the bench and make them stay there until the game is over. Russell has had this problem for years and it has not gotten any better. I just hate it when there are things that can be corrected and there not.

Tackling: Just awful. You tackle at the torso and wrap your arms.. not the feet. A lot of the kids know how to tackle but there are more that don't. That cost us two TDs.

I think Maynard is a very smart man and will correct these issues and we will see a much improved Russell team next Friday. May not win but will play better.
:Thumbs::HitWall::CheerleadThey better learn to tackle better by next Friday or Baker and company will make it a long long night for the devils.
Baker won't make it a long night when Arnold lights him up again. That kid can and will hit you hard.
Sad truth is Russell will get beat next week too badly. Maybe karma? Never force a man out that gave his life to a school or bad things may happen. Wink
Confusednicker:Kinda like he was lighting up Ironton last night:dontthink
T-CATS Wrote:Ironton down a little doesn't mean Russell can play with them. Russell has been down for years.

Oh yea, I remember "horrible" Ironton years from the recent past, when they would run roughshod through their Kentucky opponents.

It's always deceiving when someone tells you that Ironton is on a down year.
On the bright side Russell can kick and make field goals.:biglmao:
Just watched the game again this morning. Ironton sure can tackle...too bad it was their offensive linemen tackling our defensive linemen around the throats. Lol
DevilWatcher Wrote:Just watched the game again this morning. Ironton sure can tackle...too bad it was their offensive linemen tackling our defensive linemen around the throats. Lol

I would be surprised if Ironton missed a tackle all night.
I expected the transition to be a little smoother
Ouch. This one hurts. A big loss to a down Ironton team. Hope Russell can get back on track but with the fighting Dicky Martins up next on the schedule the road does not get any easier.

Russell seems to be in rebuilding mode. I had high hopes for the Devils with Mason struggling according to their scores. Have to wonder if anyone is second guessing all the changes now.
one loss to Ironton of all teams and now everyone is caring about Ivan all of a sudden. I remember it not long ago people saying Ivan lost his touch. Which is it?
I think Russell should drop football.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I think Russell should drop football.

I agree. They should put the football budget to better use and add to the show choir budget.
If Russell was going to fire anyone it should've been mike Martino and a couple others as well. It'd be nice to see some of the other Russell programs to be worth something?