Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 45 Fort Campbell 0
Pure dominating force. Very shocked in this win.. I was very skeptical after the scrimmage last week..but wow.. very impressed .. depth upon depth...upon depth.......
I think I mentioned that. I got laughed at many times for saying it. 5 soph starting and another getting a lot of playing time. The future looks very BRIGHT.
Fort Campbell need to play Knoxville halls. Confusednicker:
Ft Campbell by 21.
Mayfield proves they are no joke. Great win for a historic program.
Mayfield has a real weapon in kicker Sidney Herndon.. Kid made all 7 PATs, hit a 36 yd fg and 7 of 8 kickoffs resulted in touchbacks. A team like Ft Campbell rely's on big plays with there skill kids on special teams, but, they never got the opportunity to ever return one and it's going to be awefully hard for teams to drive the ball 80 yards on every possession against the Cardinal D. They've got very good team speed on that side of the ball. They also have more deprth at RB than they've had in several years, so, I expect them to be more run oriented this year, especially with a 1st year QB. That's not nessessarily a bad thing, especially when they can still pass the ball fairly well, just a little different looking team than what we've seen the last few years.
Gulp.
It feels good to finally get back at it.
Mayfield being Mayfield. Should go undefeated with that kind of talent.
E's Army Wrote:Mayfield being Mayfield. Should go undefeated with that kind of talent.

We are going up against a team next week who can match us talent for talent and then some. Should be a good game.
Mayfield is the total package right now. Talent, coaching and tradition.
McCracken will be a very very tough challenge.
Our defense gave up a total of 95 yards last night. 50 of those came on one play with a missed tackle at the line. That Brimer kid kept getting in the backfield along with the other talent.
Everyone else in 1A playing for 2nd. Very impressive.
Fort Campbell - First downs: 4.
24 Rushing attempts-88 yards.
2 passing attempts-7 yards.
95 total yards.
3 penalties-15 yards.

Mayfield - First downs: 15.
34 rushing attempts-224 yards.
12 passing attempts-99 yards.
323 total yards.
6 penalties-61yards.

Rushing leaders:
Fort Campbell- Berry: 8/66, Yarbrough
13/17.
Mayfield- Bright: 11/96, J Tyler 7/69,
Dominating effort for mayfield. See they are going to have to work on penalty yards and decrease them. Looks like an average of 10 yards per penalty.
Dominating opener for Mayfield. Congrats!
I was impressed last night, not sure how ft Campbell will be this year but I don't recall ever seeing a bad ft Campbell team. Even on there down years they still have an average team. I would have been very happy to win by 28, but to be up 38-0 at half on ft Campbell is unheard of.
64SUR Wrote:Fort Campbell need to play Knoxville halls. Confusednicker:

Ft Campbell would smash Knoxville halls.
Good win for the Cards and by a larger margin than I expected but next week we will be David facing Goliath
Impressive.. thanks for stats Sportsfan.. pretty sure jv came in the 3rd. Even then they played great.. I know the kid needs guidance #32 is going to be a bull of a running back. The next 4 years..
McCracken willbe a better measuring stick. FC IS NOT the FC they used to be. No where near the speed they have had in the past. Congrats to MF though. Their in a league all their own.
Well sticks will come out friday night, and ur right Mchs is #6 in 6a thats a measurment on another level..

Fc still had plenty speed and size ..they just never could get loose..I will agreethat Fc is not their 2a title team.. but they still have a respectible team.
^^^absolutely. Always have tallent and speed. Its just not a well oiled machine like they were in 2A. Those were some really good football teams.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Ft Campbell would smash Knoxville halls.

Halls band could beat Fort Campbell or anybody else. Confusednicker:
Those championship Ft Campbell teams had d1 talent on them. Actually, alot of those past Falcon teams had alot of d1 talent on them. They may have again this year, but, if they do, it's still in the 9th or 10th grade. Not much size this year either.
If we are gonna start mentioning bands, PT could beat anyone.
mysonis55 Wrote:If we are gonna start mentioning bands, PT could beat anyone.

I understand halls had a 150 Marching band beat that. And I wasn't't their I could hear them on the radio....:lmao:
mysonis55 Wrote:If we are gonna start mentioning bands, PT could beat anyone.

not likely. all the Halls football players are probably on the band is why they lose at football Confusednicker:. they brought several buses of band members to Williamsburg.
64SUR Wrote:I understand halls had a 150 Marching band beat that. And I wasn't't their I could hear them on the radio....:lmao:

:biglmao: