Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bryan Station 56 Harlan County 22
panther nation Wrote:To know Whitley is going to be just look at south laurels record when their coach was there!!! :truestory:

Sadly, that would still be an improvement over last year, so ill take it.
I didn't see it; BlackBearMama did. She was a few minutes behind us, but all of a sudden all the police cars were zipping by with lights and sirens. When she came by the accident, it appeared to her that at least 8 vehicles were involved. Lots of police, 4 ambulances, 2 crash cars....sounds really bad.

I haven't heard any names.
^
For a wreck in front of Lynn Camp to make the Lexington news, it must have been
Flicka Wrote:Home at last. Not a great night, we will improve. I promise one thing, we got more out of playing BS than LCC did playing Berea.

did you?
Flicka Wrote:Home at last. Not a great night, we will improve. I promise one thing, we got more out of playing BS than LCC did playing Berea.

I did wonder why Letcher played Berea.
Did I what?
Granny Bear Wrote:I didn't see it; BlackBearMama did. She was a few minutes behind us, but all of a sudden all the police cars were zipping by with lights and sirens. When she came by the accident, it appeared to her that at least 8 vehicles were involved. Lots of police, 4 ambulances, 2 crash cars....sounds really bad.

I haven't heard any names.

When we came by there were 3 bicycles laying in the grass median. I'm praying those fell off of a vehicle and kids weren't riding them. The bikes were damaged.
I saw some bicycles in the middle of the road. Hoping everything is okay bu with all the emergent personnel there I'm afraid it's was bad. Prayers for those folks.

Now to the game. We left 3 TDs on the field. INT inside the 30 when we were pounding it down their throats, a fumble inside the 20, and another fumble on the goal line. Score those and it's a ball game. BS had a receiver open every play, three freshman were thrown in the fire tonight. But they are learning and will get better. This time last year they were playing 8th graders tonight they played against men. I posted on Facebook in the grand scheme of things this means nothing. Plus losing the 1st game of the season seems to work out better for us in the long run.
pjdoug Wrote:I did wonder why Letcher played Berea.

A 1A.....a 1A team with 19 players.
This was to be expected. Harlan will only lose two more times during the regular season though
pjdoug Wrote:not sure about that. Letcher might surprise some people in Holcomb's second year.

Letcher has not had as many athletes in the history of their program as Brian Station has.
I was told by a very reliable source that an ambulance struck three juveniles on bicycles and yes it was very bad.
Mama Bear Wrote:When we came by there were 3 bicycles laying in the grass median. I'm praying those fell off of a vehicle and kids weren't riding them. The bikes were damaged.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home?mobile=yes ambulance hits,kills one juvenile, injures two others.
Station winning does not shock me, but I did pick Harlan Co. to win. I'm a little shocked with the score. I wasn't at the game but was it just total domination because the score would indicate that.
Bears are still favorite in district. Nobody has that kind of speed in their district
pjdoug Wrote:http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home?mobile=yes ambulance hits,kills one juvenile, injures two others.

Curiously enough, there was another accident in almost the identical location at 4:30 yesterday afternoon. Two cars collided at the intersection there at Lynn Camp.
So tragic!
Well ladies and gentlemen...

There aren't many things that put a smile on my face faster than seeing a box score like this Smile

How are all of my Cubs fans doing this year?
^
That might be the funniest post I have ever seen. One, we have never had a good history of winning our first game. Actually the times in the past we have got drilled we ended up winning the region. Now, I am not predicting a regional championship this year but hearing a Perry fan say what you just said makes me cry laughing so hard. You haven't beat us and you won't beat us this year while we are young. I love to see people like you with jealousy. If I was you as a perry fan I would just worry about winning a play-off game.
bear claw...that's the way butt hurt folks do sometimes. You NEVER see or hear from them when you win one; only during the losses!! It's okay, if everything goes well, we may not hear from them for the rest of year!!

Not mentioning any names, of course!

Smile
zaga_fan Wrote:Well ladies and gentlemen...

There aren't many things that put a smile on my face faster than seeing a box score like this Smile

How are all of my Cubs fans doing this year?

:Clap:

Watch it. Bear Claw will start cussing you...
Granny you all will be just fine. Station may be the 2nd best team in Lexington behind Henry Clay. Some real JOKERS around here!
pjdoug Wrote:I did wonder why Letcher played Berea.

Coach Raines already finalized schedule before departing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Granny Bear Wrote:bear claw...that's the way butt hurt folks do sometimes. You NEVER see or hear from them when you win one; only during the losses!! It's okay, if everything goes well, we may not hear from them for the rest of year!!

Not mentioning any names, of course!

Smile

You will be hearing a lot out of Zaga and I this year Confusednicker:
^^
I'm sure we will if we keep losing. The best way to shut up those butt hurt folks is just to win!!! "Some" people have a difficult time being happy for others....it's called jealous!!!!

FarristownFlyer Wrote:Granny you all will be just fine. Station may be the 2nd best team in Lexington behind Henry Clay. Some real JOKERS around here!

Thank you! I think we will, too. Got some growing up to do first!
Granny Bear Wrote:We aren't as used to it as you are, turd!! Er, I mean Gut!

Horrible evening!! Game was delayed for heat. I'm too old and fat to sit on the aluminum bleachers while the heat index is over 110. I got in the shade, drank some water, puked a bit, drank some more.

Heat my Butt, that's another hangover from Granny Bear......
Stardust Wrote:Heat my Butt, that's another hangover from Granny Bear......

And you're accusing ME of being hung over???
Confusednicker:
I read a newspaper article about the game. Said Bryan Station only ran 8 offensive plays in the entire first half but lead by 36 at the break. The Bryan Station QB was 6-6 with 5 TD's!

I could tell from the score that Harlan County had a hard time in this one, but after reading that, wow. Is this a case of Bryan Station being a real contender in 6A, or is Harlan County further into a rebuilding year than many originally thought?
How did the Key kid do for Bryan Station. Heard UK was recruiting him. I know the kid and he is a freak athlete. Tall, Strong, Fast, and Smart as they come.
bear claw Wrote:^
That might be the funniest post I have ever seen. One, we have never had a good history of winning our first game. Actually the times in the past we have got drilled we ended up winning the region. Now, I am not predicting a regional championship this year but hearing a Perry fan say what you just said makes me cry laughing so hard. You haven't beat us and you won't beat us this year while we are young. I love to see people like you with jealousy. If I was you as a perry fan I would just worry about winning a play-off game.

yada-yada-yada-yada

What did you hear me say?
That I enjoyed seeing you guys on the losing end of the scoreboard.
I know that's such a stretch... seeing you guys drop a game.

C'mon now, bubby.
Perry lost in week zero too but the butt hurt isn't flowing in our camp just yet.