Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley vs Leslie County
any thoughts on tonight's scrimmage?
will 64 be leaning on the fence cheering for his Eagles?
Is this football?:biglmao:
Fooseball Devil Wrote:Is this football?:biglmao:

yes Confusednicker:
Okay just making sure. I think the Colonels will have a good showing tonight despite haveing a few key injuries. Dont think Coach Chappell will want to show his hand to much but also wants to have a good debut for the fans. I think the Colonels will take this one by a couple of TDs.:redboxer::redboxer::redboxer:
Fooseball Devil Wrote:Okay just making sure. I think the Colonels will have a good showing tonight despite haveing a few key injuries. Dont think Coach Chappell will want to show his hand to much but also wants to have a good debut for the fans. I think the Colonels will take this one by a couple of TDs.:redboxer::redboxer::redboxer:

I know Whitley has a couple good players missing from the backfield but have a few others ready to step in.
If Whitley plays well up front they should prevail. My question with Whitley this year is line play. It is hard to win in 5A without consistent line play.
This should be a good one for both teams, Leslie could surprise some people this year IMO.
pjdoug Wrote:will 64 be leaning on the fence cheering for his Eagles?

Oh Yes i was planning on going to watch williamsburg play harlan ind tonight...But i will enjoy watching leslie county whooping up on whitley county count me in on the fence pjdoug. GO EAGLES :Cheerlead Air attack from both team.
E's Army Wrote:If Whitley plays well up front they should prevail. My question with Whitley this year is line play. It is hard to win in 5A without consistent line play.

They will be able to see what they've got on the line in this one. Leslie has some horses on both o line and d line. With Blake Asher moving to offensive line and #58 Mike Smith moving from center to guard, Leslie has turned last years weakness into a strength.
64SUR Wrote:Oh Yes i was planning on going to watch williamsburg play harlan ind tonight...But i will enjoy watching leslie county whooping up on whitley county count me in on the fence pjdoug. GO EAGLES :Cheerlead Air attack from both team.

so you didn't enjoy it Confusednicker:
strange to see Whitley pass the ball so much Smile
I had to leave at halftime. what happened in the 2nd half?
^
Howd it go?
Just got back from the game Whitley county 28 Leslie County 14 play 3 qtr with starter. Left when Sub came in. 2A Leslie County look pretty good move the ball pretty easy against Whitley. Leslie had one TD call back early in the game.whitley county QB was the difference in this game he ran circle around Leslie county.Other than that I think Whitley will have a long season in 5A. GO Eagles from 64SUR. :Cheerlead
Ill take anything that says Whitley has more points than the team there playing, even if its by one.
I think Whitley has a shot at winning 4 or 5 games realistically, but it could very easily be more if they figure things out. Throwing the ball is a big change that will take time to get use to.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ill take anything that says Whitley has more points than the team there playing, even if its by one.
I think Whitley has a shot at winning 4 or 5 games realistically, but it could very easily be more if they figure things out. Throwing the ball is a big change that will take time to get use to.

Gut I will be honesty with you the QB woods beat Leslie county by himself sound funny but thats the truth.not by throwing but running the ball. Leslie county move the ball with ease against Whitley. And Leslie County still lost. :Sad04:
64SUR Wrote:Just got back from the game Whitley county 28 Leslie County 14 play 3 qtr with starter. Left when Sub came in. 2A Leslie County look pretty good move the ball pretty easy against Whitley. Leslie had one TD call back early in the game.whitley county QB was the difference in this game he ran circle around Leslie county.Other than that I think Whitley will have a long season in 5A. GO Eagles from 64SUR. :Cheerlead

I wouldn't say Leslie moved the ball pretty easy.they scored just before halftime to pull within 14-7. both teams played sloppy and had quite a few penalties.

Luke Woods had a nice run for a touchdown. Christian Hamilton had some good plays including an interception. Sean Hickey and Tristin McKiddy had some nice runs.I think it was James Sasko that had a big reception called back due to a block in the back. Nathan Jackson had a big hit. Whitley has a few good Sophomores so the future looks pretty good.
^
How many kids were on the sideline?
pjdoug Wrote:I wouldn't say Leslie moved the ball pretty easy.they scored just before halftime to pull within 14-7. both teams played sloppy and had quite a few penalties.

Luke Woods had a nice run for a touchdown. Christian Hamilton had some good plays including an interception. Sean Hickey and Tristin McKiddy had some nice runs.I think it was James Sasko that had a big reception called back due to a block in the back. Nathan Jackson had a big hit. Whitley has a few good Sophomores so the future looks pretty good.

That's right the future just not 2014. I hope I'm wrong I did like the new offense...Just sayin 5A will be tough :rockon:
64SUR Wrote:Gut I will be honesty with you the QB woods beat Leslie county by himself sound funny but thats the truth.not by throwing but running the ball. Leslie county move the ball with ease against Whitley. And Leslie County still lost. :Sad04:

It will take time. Whitley went from really consistent to the bottom falling out in what seemed like an overnight thing. Other than the 06 and 07 seasons, I cant remember Whitley ever being this far down in my lifetime. If Chappell is given the chance, im sure he'll do fine. Mills would have made a huge difference and had he not left, I would imagine he could of had a couple of rushing TD's if LC had that much trouble stopping Woods from scrambling. I don't know the current affairs at Whitley or what there true intentions are in the long haul, but just from watching the way there doing things now, I wouldn't be surprised if its an all or nothing type program for the foreseeable future. Give a guy a couple of year and if he don't produce, replace him. That's the way I see it for the time being. If Chappell doesn't have a good season in the first three years, or atleast a district title by 2017, I think they will repeat the process and do the same thing with the next guy.
Whitley looked very good with the veer. Could shock some people with it. The Qb looked good running. When they get their players back they will be much better. I saw Leslie could not stop Whitley. Things will be better in Whitley.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:It will take time. Whitley went from really consistent to the bottom falling out in what seemed like an overnight thing. Other than the 06 and 07 seasons, I cant remember Whitley ever being this far down in my lifetime. If Chappell is given the chance, im sure he'll do fine. Mills would have made a huge difference and had he not left, I would imagine he could of had a couple of rushing TD's if LC had that much trouble stopping Woods from scrambling. I don't know the current affairs at Whitley or what there true intentions are in the long haul, but just from watching the way there doing things now, I wouldn't be surprised if its an all or nothing type program for the foreseeable future. Give a guy a couple of year and if he don't produce, replace him. That's the way I see it for the time being. If Chappell doesn't have a good season in the first three years, or atleast a district title by 2017, I think they will repeat the process and do the same thing with the next guy.

Mills gone and Ysidro injured but they still have some good players and they seem to be enjoying themselves.it will take time but they are finally moving in the right direction.
Xerxes Wrote:Whitley looked very good with the veer. Could shock some people with it. The Qb looked good running. When they get their players back they will be much better. I saw Leslie could not stop Whitley. Things will be better in Whitley.

That's good to hear.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
How many kids were on the sideline?

they had this many on the sideline. you cant see them all but you can get a good idea Smile
^
Not bad. I heard over 50
I think Whitley has a legit shot at the two seed this year if things go there way. Perry will be way down, and Letcher is definitely beatable. That district 7 group will be extremely tough though. Pulaski and Madison Southern are very likely to be in the region final.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think Whitley has a legit shot at the two seed this year if things go there way. Perry will be way down, and Letcher is definitely beatable. That district 7 group will be extremely tough though. Pulaski and Madison Southern are very likely to be in the region final.

I think Letcher will be the team they have to beat to get the 2 seed and that could be a tough task with Holcomb back for another season. Pulaski might be the only team that can slow Harris down enough to beat Southern.maybe somebody can finally stop him but the man runs like a deer :biglmao:
^
They did last year, and Pulaski should be better. I don't know how long Hines can keep the talent that high at PC, but hes scheduling teams like Bowling Green in the regular season, and that will only help. After this year, you wont see Madison Southern again. For one, Harris will be gone and they'll drop back down to reality, and two, they've been moved to that Lex region.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
They did last year, and Pulaski should be better. I don't know how long Hines can keep the talent that high at PC, but hes scheduling teams like Bowling Green in the regular season, and that will only help. After this year, you wont see Madison Southern again. For one, Harris will be gone and they'll drop back down to reality, and two, they've been moved to that Lex region.

yeah it's mostly a one man show in Berea.