Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin vs Middlesboro (Gridorama)
Clay co is not bad at all. #21 is good
Corbin started out a little slow but as the game went on, you really started to see what the hype was all about. To my understanding, Corbin didn't even go to camp or have any scrimmages so this was their first real look at a team in a game setting. Once Corbin finally got settled in on stopping the run (All the passing scrimmages, you saw no run), they really buckled down.

With their best player out in Coppock, I thought Powers, Nantz, and Jewell ran the ball really well. I was impressed with how quick Powers has gotten and his cut backs were amazing tonight. Hopper is a real player and I'm glad he has decided to play football. His athleticism will be tough to handle for opposing defenses.

Middlesboro showed they have some horses and while they still may not be back to the Middlesboro of old, I look for them to have a strong season and make potentially make a run in the playoffs. Hats off to the Jackets and good luck.

I look for Corbin to go 9-1 this year or possibly 8-2. I see no way this team does worse than 7-3 in the regular season. It's still unreal to see a 3A ball club with 85 players on the sidelines.
Craze JACKET man Wrote:There are some idiots on here .
Corbin is very good, we have a lot of kids back from last year.
I felt like Corbin was the bear team there tonight.

Thank you and I thought middlesboro look good they will be the team to beat in 2A in the east. I like what I saw in middlesboro. They was my sleeper last year now they are my contender team along with Prestonsburg. :rockon:
Dang Corbin may not lose a game!!!

They better go beg Willard back from Lynn Camp. Offense did not look good until middlesboro done some subing.

Heck with 85 players you get all the scrimmaging you want right?
TopCat Wrote:Dang Corbin may not lose a game!!!

They better go beg Willard back from Lynn Camp. Offense did not look good until middlesboro done some subing.

Heck with 85 players you get all the scrimmaging you want right?

Corbin looked very slow and out of shape they were even two platooning. Not much of an offense. They were the third best offensive team there tonight.
Craze JACKET man Wrote:There are some idiots on here .
Corbin is very good, we have a lot of kids back from last year.
I felt like Corbin was the bear team there tonight.

PRIDE101 Wrote:Middlesboro had the worst def there tonight. Clay had a very good RB that hurt Bell. Corbin look confused and slow, they got better, they are a running team. Bell Offense looked the best, then Middlesboro, but they need to give the ball to #5 and #25 and stop the other nonsense. Same with Corbin, run the ball.

Heck you got me confused 101 they got better. Isn't that what you're supposed to do get better like Corbin did. At running an passing sure glad you're not the coach. Confusednicker:
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Corbin looked very slow and out of shape they were even two platooning. Not much of an offense. They were the third best offensive team there tonight.

Bell play against a very weak clay county defense tonight. I was not impressed with bell tonight. Just my opinion an outsider jumping on Corbin bandwagon 64SUR Confusederiously:
Do you count 2 yard passes as passing?
HAROLD Wrote:Corbin started out a little slow but as the game went on, you really started to see what the hype was all about. To my understanding, Corbin didn't even go to camp or have any scrimmages so this was their first real look at a team in a game setting. Once Corbin finally got settled in on stopping the run (All the passing scrimmages, you saw no run), they really buckled down.

With their best player out in Coppock, I thought Powers, Nantz, and Jewell ran the ball really well. I was impressed with how quick Powers has gotten and his cut backs were amazing tonight. Hopper is a real player and I'm glad he has decided to play football. His athleticism will be tough to handle for opposing defenses.

Middlesboro showed they have some horses and while they still may not be back to the Middlesboro of old, I look for them to have a strong season and make potentially make a run in the playoffs. Hats off to the Jackets and good luck.

I look for Corbin to go 9-1 this year or possibly 8-2. I see no way this team does worse than 7-3 in the regular season. It's still unreal to see a 3A ball club with 85 players on the sidelines.
85??? Goodness!
64SUR Wrote:Bell play against a very weak clay county defense tonight. I was not impressed with bell tonight. Just my opinion an outsider jumping on Corbin bandwagon 64SUR Confusederiously:

Me either they are not very good a long ways to go.
Panther Thunder Wrote:85??? Goodness!

Have a lot of bologna sandwich eaters.
William Muney Wrote:Do you count 2 yard passes as passing?

Yeah..what do you call it a 2yd run William. Confusednicker:
bell is going to bell, this was just a chance to get the players out on the playing field against someone besides themselves should be a good year on log mountain
Corbin's first trial could of gone better but, its a new system the kids are still getting use to going to be a very good year of redhound football
64SUR Wrote:Heck you got me confused 101 they got better. Isn't that what you're supposed to do get better like Corbin did. At running an passing sure glad you're not the coach. Confusednicker:

Sorry, I meant to say they will get better. I am not bashing Corbin. They just did not impress me. I guess all the hype from you guys ,I was expecting better.

Middlesboro, like I said ,has the players, just not a passing team either.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Do you watch much football. They neither impressed me. Clay looked as good as Corbin. Bell offense ran at will, they need work on def. I was not impressed with Corbin at all.

I watch plenty football. Clay most certainly did not look good as Corbin. take your blinders off.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Corbin looked very slow and out of shape they were even two platooning. Not much of an offense. They were the third best offensive team there tonight.

I'm not a fan of any of the teams but how did the third best offensive team manage to score the most points?
pjdoug Wrote:I'm not a fan of any of the teams but how did the third best offensive team manage to score the most points?

I was not there but if Pittman or Barton we not playing when Corbin scored then that explains it.

After all of the hype of then offense it was a major let down. The better work this coming off season on getting some speed.
pjdoug Wrote:I'm not a fan of any of the teams but how did the third best offensive team manage to score the most points?

it was 21 to 12 @ 15:02 in the second half most of the scoring came after subs started coming in
Powers ran the ball very well and #15 had some good runs for corbin. Corbins qb played ok, needs to make his mind up quicker and not hold on to the ball so long. Their defense looked confused early but got better as the game went along.
Objective Wrote:it was 21 to 12 @ 15:02 in the second half most of the scoring came after subs started coming in

Not true... Subs came in with 12 min to go in the game.... I was there and up close.
bcpc Wrote:Not true... Subs came in with 12 min to go in the game.... I was there and up close.

I left early so didn't see all the Corbin Game but Bell scored 25 to Clay's 7 and Middlesboro scored 14? just curious what made Corbin the third best offense.
That is easy, they were going against the worst defense there last night.
PRIDE101 Wrote:That is easy, they were going against the worst defense there last night.

:lmao:
Panther Thunder Wrote:85??? Goodness!

I didn't count em' but they had the field covered.
Corbin got progressively better as the night went along. They were able to move the ball all night and sustained several long drives. Their willingness to throw kept Middlesboro from loading the box. Taylor got much more comfortable running the offense as the game progressed. They will have a rough night against Pulaski but about the 3rd or 4th game they are going to start putting up points in bunches. Liked how they spread the ball out and gave touches to multiple players.
Objective Wrote:it was 21 to 12 @ 15:02 in the second half most of the scoring came after subs started coming in

I had to leave early, how did the Corbin subs look?

Corbin was missing their main offensive threat, who is out nursing an injury. Corbin had a couple of dropped passes early that could have went for big gains and a WR ran the wrong route which resulted in an INT in the endzone, so they definitely looked shaky early, but the Middlesboro defense never did really stop them that I recall.

Ok Objective we need to get this score right both starting team had the ball twice in the 2nd half score was 28-12 then the sub came in around the 12 minute mark...And the 2nd team for corbin score on middlesboro 2nd team final 34-12...Final.. overall good scrimmage :truestory:
Middlesboro had 5 turnovers on the night and yet they still competed with Corbin. The final score of the starters was 21-12. Middlesboro scored within the first 4 plays. Regular season game, I think the outcome would be a lot differently. All in all good night for both school, attendance looked very well at the game.