Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County vs. Bryan Station 8/23 (Roy Kidd Bowl-@ Madison Central)
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:That was my plan, minus the getting lost part.

I am catching the Mason County game that Friday and getting a room in Maysville.

The stadium I am guess is at the high school?

Yes it is.
Granny Bear Wrote:It's at Madison Central (Berea), and in a word...'no'...it isn't easy to find!! LOL Your best bet is to get the address and enter it into your GPS.

I still get lost! Getting lost is my jam.
Confusednicker:

Madison Central is in Richmond at 705 N 2nd St, Richmond, KY 40475. no wonder you get lost. Madison Southern is at Berea Confusednicker:
You're right!! I'm sorry NEWARKCATHOLICFAN!!

In all truthfulness, I was thinking about Berea High School. Children I liked to have never found that one!!

Directions R not me!!
Granny Bear Wrote:You're right!! I'm sorry NEWARKCATHOLICFAN!!

In all truthfulness, I was thinking about Berea High School. Children I liked to have never found that one!!

Directions R not me!!

I think I passed Madison Southern a couple times before finding it :biglmao:
No prob.
I was going to the KHSAA and put the address in my GPS that they had, so I would have been OK.
Da Bears returned from Jabez. Reckon they looked pretty good!!

Zak dropped 14 pounds! He barely clears 300 now!

Confusednicker:
Better get Zac some biscuits and gravy stat!!!!

HC will have to try to limit big plays by BS and at the same time chew up the clock. I think they can do exactly that.
Go bears show them city boys how to play!!

HC 26
BS 21
Bryan St. I know they are very good and deep at the skilled positions and may put up quite a few points especially where it is early in the season. Line play will be the difference in the game, who can control the line of scrimmage! 35-21 B.S.
I know very little about Bryan Station. I do know that we didn't lose very many last year to graduation, but those that we did lose were all skilled positions. So we have work to do there!

However, if it does boil down to controlling the LOS, the Bears will prevail!
I will be pulling for HC in this one they win 21-14.
Only a little over 2 weeks remaining!! I'm about to bust a gut!
Granny, I would like to bust a "GUT" too.Confusednicker:
ROFL!!!!

right in the mouth, too!!
Granny Bear Wrote:ROFL!!!!

right in the mouth, too!!

Will he leave Harlan alive? Confusednicker:
No!! Between bear claw, Demarcus ware and me....we just wouldn't be enough to protect him against all those BBM's that he made so mad during basketball season!!!
I do not know much about either of these teams this year but, Bryan Station has always had Great athletes, but unfortunately have had some awful coaching over the years. The year they almost upset Highlands in the playoffs, they had a ton more talent than Highlands but significant better coaching by Highlands allowed them to win the game. To this day I still think about that game and all the great athletes BS had and how they deserved better coaching, with Highlands coaching staff they would have destroyed everybody in KY that year. Who is coaching for BS this year?
Parks used to be, and may still be. I don't see them often since my grandchildren are out of high school, in Lexington.
sstack Wrote:I do not know much about either of these teams this year but, Bryan Station has always had Great athletes, but unfortunately have had some awful coaching over the years. The year they almost upset Highlands in the playoffs, they had a ton more talent than Highlands but significant better coaching by Highlands allowed them to win the game. To this day I still think about that game and all the great athletes BS had and how they deserved better coaching, with Highlands coaching staff they would have destroyed everybody in KY that year. Who is coaching for BS this year?

I'm pretty sure that former Cumberland and UK standout George Massey is on the staff........D line coach maybe
OK! I had to go to the 3rd page of the threads to dig this one out. Where are the HC posters? I am trying to be careful not to step on my fellow Black Bear Nation but where the hell is everybody? We have NEVER been this quiet on this site about a HC game especially the first game. Yes, we are young and inexperienced in a lot of important positions and yes EVERYBODY is questioning this years team but I be dang if I give up on this Black Bear team!
Hey!! There ain't NO damn body giving up on the Black Bears!! I'll be there Saturday with BELLS on....cow bells that is.

bear claw, my daughter got me 2 super air horns for my birthday. I have to use ear plugs to use them!! LOL

See you Saturday when the Black Bears roll!!!!!!!

:Wave::Wave::Wave:
Granny I never doubted you. As a matter of fact as I was typing that message I thought of you and thought what the heck are we going to do without you when Baby Zak graduates. Even more than that, what is BGR going to do without you?
Granny Bear Wrote:Hey!! There ain't NO damn body giving up on the Black Bears!! I'll be there Saturday with BELLS on....cow bells that is.

bear claw, my daughter got me 2 super air horns for my birthday. I have to use ear plugs to use them!! LOL

See you Saturday when the Black Bears roll!!!!!!!

:Wave::Wave::Wave:

it was probably you at Cawood games that made me hate air horns :HitWall:
Massey does coach there we were talking about the game when he was a guest at the passing for a purpose camp.

He knows the old school Harlan county way so I expect a stacked line until that sweet lit curl to Cornett makes them play back. But Coach is notorious for here it is just try and stop it! And that would be an accomplishment with our big guys up front. Expecting a quick game, low scoring. HC 20- BS 14. Excited to see how the Filthy Animals handle all those quick skill players.
Patriot, I respect your opinion on a score but I respectfully disagree that it will be low scoring. We need to score at least 40 to win and I think we can if we will go up there with a mountain boy attitude and play physical we will win. Just my opinion though.
pjdoug Wrote:it was probably you at Cawood games that made me hate air horns :HitWall:

^
Confusednicker:

Well if the game was played at Cawood field, that would be Mama Bear, BlackBearMama, Black Bear Denmother, Filthy Animal, Michelle, Tracy and me.

Oh, and bear claw, my hateful old ass is going nowhere!! Collegiate games are played on Saturday. Me and Pappy will be trudging to HCHS games til our hearts stop!
Good luck HC!!!
Granny, that is GREAT to hear cause there is no doubt that you are the face of HC football on this site. You are not only the face of HC but you are the face of BGR. EVERYONE on this site loves and respects you. Us HC fans are just lucky to have you on our side!
Granny Bear Wrote:^
Confusednicker:

Well if the game was played at Cawood field, that would be Mama Bear, BlackBearMama, Black Bear Denmother, Filthy Animal, Michelle, Tracy and me.

Oh, and bear claw, my hateful old ass is going nowhere!! Collegiate games are played on Saturday. Me and Pappy will be trudging to HCHS games til our hearts stop!

it was Cawood field and I got sick of hearing the air horns Confusednicker:
bear claw Wrote:OK! I had to go to the 3rd page of the threads to dig this one out. Where are the HC posters? I am trying to be careful not to step on my fellow Black Bear Nation but where the hell is everybody? We have NEVER been this quiet on this site about a HC game especially the first game. Yes, we are young and inexperienced in a lot of important positions and yes EVERYBODY is questioning this years team but I be dang if I give up on this Black Bear team!

They all know the end is near.....

The filthy animals may be the 4-6 animals from here on out :biglmao: