•  Previous
  • 19(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2014
Do-double-gg Wrote:We shall see. I think a lot of people will be shocked when they see the skill players for the Dawg's this year.................especially at the receiver position.:igiveup:

Congrats, you probably got a few basketball players... hope they like to eat shoulder pads and can hang on to the ball while they're being smacked in the mouth.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Congrats, you probably got a few basketball players... hope they like to eat shoulder pads and can hang on to the ball while they're being smacked in the mouth.

You got to catch em and be able to keep up with em step for step after the snap to ever be in position to do that. :eyeroll:
Belfry0304 Wrote:Congrats, you probably got a few basketball players... hope they like to eat shoulder pads and can hang on to the ball while they're being smacked in the mouth.

One of em did last year as a freshman and had no problems.
He will be even better this year, kid last year made senior defensive backs look silly at times. Another big problem is you can't just focus just on him because his faster brother will be at receiver on the other side of the line.
Do-double-gg Wrote:One of em did last year as a freshman and had no problems.
He will be even better this year, kid last year made senior defensive backs look silly at times. Another big problem is you can't just focus just on him because his faster brother will be at receiver on the other side of the line.

Then you have Noah Lambert #1 and Brandon Richardson #24 who can help take it three or even four wide and that is as dangerous of a receiving core that you will find in this area.:Thumbs:
http://www.hudl.com/team/34296/#highlights/44598863
His number last year was #11, he burnt your defensive backs a few times last year in the october game. Keep in mind that he was just a freshman last year.
"Enjoy"!
I quit watching at regional semi-finalist. Stop using words and when the Dogs back it up in their actions I'll give them credit... Just remember the Pirates first three opponents are probably better than anyone on your schedule. I don't like to talk stuff, but you don't go calling out the champs! Doing that only makes us want to smack Lawrence around a little more, play the underdog role dude. It's fun. That way after the game if you lose you don't take any crap, but if you win it's even sweeter.

In all seriousness, good for you guys. I'm hoping for a great game and I'll be pulling for the last district game to be the district title game. Build that program back up. We'll continue to talk trash come week 9 Do-Double-gg! For now, I'll leave this here. Just hope you understand it's all in good fun.

[Image: https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/h...bd82fbc61d]
Belfry0304 Wrote:I quit watching at regional semi-finalist. Stop using words and when the Dogs back it up in their actions I'll give them credit... Just remember the Pirates first three opponents are probably better than anyone on your schedule. I don't like to talk stuff, but you don't go calling out the champs! Doing that only makes us want to smack Lawrence around a little more, play the underdog role dude. It's fun. That way after the game if you lose you don't take any crap, but if you win it's even sweeter.

In all seriousness, good for you guys. I'm hoping for a great game and I'll be pulling for the last district game to be the district title game. Build that program back up. We'll continue to talk trash come week 9 Do-Double-gg! For now, I'll leave this here. Just hope you understand it's all in good fun.

[Image: https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/h...bd82fbc61d]

That trophy is beautiful and I understand that it is all in good fun. I don't take any of this all that serious but by about 9:00 am the Belfry fanatics will come out and then the real fun will start when they see my post's. It's just High School football.:biggrin:
Thanks for the report Skully! :Thumbs:
Belfry needs Lawrence and Pike Central to have strong years. Breathitt used to be that team who could push them in the Region and make sure they were sharp early in the playoffs and battle tested come the Semi's.

Would love to see Breathitt get back to that form but think they are a long way away. If LC can take Breathitt's spot it will only make Belfry stronger this year and the next two.
Random comment:

As much as I want one of those things in the case at PHS, they are hideous. The old trophies were so much nicer. Jesus, a third grader could have made the plate in Microsoft Word.

Bring back the old trophies and engrave them like the trophy is actually special.

K, continue.
Lawrence County won't even beat Pike Central, stop with the talk of beating Belfry.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Then you have Noah Lambert #1 and Brandon Richardson #24 who can help take it three or even four wide and that is as dangerous of a receiving core that you will find in this area.:Thumbs:

Your right that is a great core of young men, BUT.....when Belfry's D line is after your QB all night and he is rattled and worried and scared, that makes a BIG difference, and Our new additions will run with them step for step if not faster..Now let's talk about The Pirate Offense, with this O Line and the stable of backs and weapons we have, I'd say we can keep your offensive weapons off the field as much as we want...and LC will not match us up front so you can load the box hell, bring in a 12th man you still will not out play us up front, yes our line will be that good and they are all big and fast and are very smart and are a close bunch of kids that are very good friends..So my point to all this is you can have all the speed and talent you want at the skill position, but if you don't have the line to allow them to shine you won't come close to winning...we have that, LC does not....but thats my opinion, I hope it is a good game, I'm tired of blow outs...lol
Bgrfan12 Wrote:Lawrence County won't even beat Pike Central, stop with the talk of beating Belfry.

LC will beat Pike central by 3 TD
Soooooooo EXCITED for this SEASON!!!!!!!!!!! GOOOO PIRATES!!!!!!!!
Bgrfan12 Wrote:Lawrence County won't even beat Pike Central, stop with the talk of beating Belfry.

Do-double-gg Wrote:That trophy is beautiful and I understand that it is all in good fun. I don't take any of this all that serious but by about 9:00 am the Belfry fanatics will come out and then the real fun will start when they see my post's. It's just High School football.:biggrin:

Show me where anyone said LCHS would beat Belfry lol.
Like I said ^Belfry fanatics.:lmao: man this is so easy
For what its worth, the only district opponent that has ever really challenged Belfry is Sheldon Clark. Whenever they rediscover how to play football, I look forward to those matchups at CAM and The Rock.
Real Badman Wrote:For what its worth, the only district opponent that has ever really challenged Belfry is Sheldon Clark. Whenever they rediscover how to play football, I look forward to those matchups at CAM and The Rock.

Lawrence County has only been in district with Belfry for a few short years. We went from 2 a in the 90's then to 3a and then to 4a and now back to 3a. The way things are going with the population we could be in 2a again by the next alignment a few years from now. During that time we have had our fare share of wins over Belfry. Some of those wins were pretty lopsided. Belfry has got Lawrence County in some down years since we got in the same district but our program is starting to come along. We finally have a coach who is in it for the long haul from what I can tell and I think he understands how to get the feeder system going. I think this program is only going to get stronger in the next few years to come.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Lawrence County has only been in district with Belfry for a few short years. We went from 2 a in the 90's then to 3a and then to 4a and now back to 3a. The way things are going with the population we could be in 2a again by the next alignment a few years from now. During that time we have had our fare share of wins over Belfry. Some of those wins were pretty lopsided. Belfry has got Lawrence County in some down years since we got in the same district but our program is starting to come along. We finally have a coach who is in it for the long haul from what I can tell and I think he understands how to get the feeder system going. I think this program is only going to get stronger in the next few years to come.

I. Agree with ya LC has gotten a lot better over the last couple of years and I'm not gonna lie last year I was worried...This year and the next couple of years Belfry is loaded at all positions, but anything can happen God Forbid any injuries to any player, But I want a stronger District it only makes you better, and during the regular season games LC and PC did give us some fits...I hope it's a haymaker when we play but I wanna blow out PC I don't like them...lol but that's mainly because of Chapman, They seem to have a real good guy that is it for the long haul like your guy is....But we shall see, But I am looking forward to it and another run at it...
How did the Belfry and Hazard 7 on 7 go? I know they played awhile back as well but would like to know how this event went.
bac2369 Wrote:How did the Belfry and Hazard 7 on 7 go? I know they played awhile back as well but would like to know how this event went.

What I heard you have a lot to look forward to from the Bulldog skill players. Hear their receivers look good and the QB did a good job passing. They burnt Belfry a few times deep and made some impressive catches.

Belfry showed promise as well and the eye openers were Horton and Devan Wellman. Heard Wellman had two or three TD catches and showed the best hands of the lot. Horton, the DT, has added muscle but was still very fast and mobile and even looked good offensively playing some TE. Taylor and Corbett each took reps at QB. Taylor was a little better decision maker but Corbett has a little bit better arm strength.
I love hearing good things about two quality programs.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Belfry needs Lawrence and Pike Central to have strong years. Breathitt used to be that team who could push them in the Region and make sure they were sharp early in the playoffs and battle tested come the Semi's.

Would love to see Breathitt get back to that form but think they are a long way away. If LC can take Breathitt's spot it will only make Belfry stronger this year and the next two.

I think both teams will give you a better game this year then last.
I truly believe that by the end of the 2014 season Lawrence will be at the number two spot. I know that Pike Central returns some talent but so do we. Not only that but we have added a lot of new talent. Our numbers are way up after the last few years having average 2a roster numbers on a 3a team. This year we are deeper and faster and will be more balanced, but most importantly we will have better defense. In the game last year Pike Central beat us by the skin of their teeth and I think we gave that game away. We were pretty young last year and I don't think people know just how much of that team we return. We will be athletic and fast on both sides of the ball
Shoulder pads today? Anyone stand out early on as having made a dramatic difference from last season in size/speed?
Who is our home scrimmage with and when is it?
irishcard16 Wrote:Who is our home scrimmage with and when is it?

15th they scrimmage at Richlands like last year
The next Friday is Hazard at home
EKUAlum05 Wrote:15th they scrimmage at Richlands like last year
The next Friday is Hazard at home
Thank ya sir
Any word on Devin Varney, Hunter, Derek Wellman? Other freshman that might contribute? Any wideout candidates other than Devin Wellman?
bucslover68 Wrote:Any word on Devin Varney, Hunter, Derek Wellman? Other freshman that might contribute? Any wideout candidates other than Devin Wellman?

on another subject,radio broadcast on 93.1?
cuppett777 Wrote:on another subject,radio broadcast on 93.1?

93.1 as always!
bucslover68 Wrote:93.1 as always!

thanks ,making sure nothing changed..
  •  Previous
  • 19(current)
  • Next