Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
58th District Tourney Winner?
Just wanting some of your opinions. Betsy Layne seems to be winning lately, they beat South Floyd. South Floyd won the All "A". South Floyd barely beat allen central by 3. Prestonsburg beat South Floyd on their home court. Allen Central seems to be playing up with the rest of the teams now. I think this district is up for grabs to anyone.
I think BL will win all they have to do is beat AC and last time they met BL won by 20 and i think BL could beat p-burg or SF
betsy layne will win...they are the only team to beat p-burg at p-burg
Betsy Layne
I am gonna say south floyd wins this tourney....they should call it the south floyd invation
I think BL will win it.....They are hot right now an they are 5-1 in the district with the only loss coming by 1 at SF
It will be between BL and SF.
"ShortStop" Wrote:Just wanting some of your opinions. Betsy Layne seems to be winning lately, they beat South Floyd. South Floyd won the All "A". South Floyd barely beat allen central by 3. Prestonsburg beat South Floyd on their home court. Allen Central seems to be playing up with the rest of the teams now. I think this district is up for grabs to anyone.
Well they barly beat ac by 3 becasue ryan johnson did not play and the only reason besty lanye beat sf was becasue ryan little and ethan johnson did not play......pburg beat sf at pburg not at sf...so get your facts straight.....
Prestonsburg should win because it's at home. You won't see them like play again like they did against BL.
South Floyd
SF will win....
BL for sure...
it will be between bl and prestonsburg.
"blackcat" Wrote:Prestonsburg should win because it's at home. You won't see them like play again like they did against BL.

You're exactly right. Pburg won't have another game like that. Especially from talking to the boys after the game - they know what they did wrong on and off the floor and they know how to fix it. Good Luck to Prestonsburg!

It's the last year that we've got a 'good' chance at a District or Regional title for a few years and these boys, more than ever, deserve to win it!

Go Blackcats! I hope it's Pburg vs. BL in the finals of Districts!
I would like to see AC win it all before BL or SF does. But if Pburg doesn't take it, I believe SF will!
i will say sf...once the boys are hott they are unstoppable... GOOD LUCK BOYS!
I'm going to go with the Raiders of South Floyd
South Floyd will win the District. All the other teams suck!
The district is up for grabs its who ever comes out ready to play and not flat
It kinda sucks that we play AC in the first round...because that gives SF or P-burg a chance to win district!...wait...no it dont cause they will be playin us!...therefore they will get their ASS KICKED!....because P-burg will beat SF...cause its their home court and they will probably cheat...and then they will play BL and have a horrible game like they had the last time they played them and BL will come out on top!
So the only reason BL beat P-burg is because they had a horrible game?...I bet you Bobcat fans are wishin for another bad game then.
I like how everyone gets on BGR and cusses and puts down other teams to try and make themselves feel better, that's awesome.
Bl
"catsfan072" Wrote:I like how everyone gets on BGR and cusses and puts down other teams to try and make themselves feel better, that's awesome.

Not everyone on BGR cusses and puts other teams down. Only the immature teenagers!!! Everyone should WIN and LOSE with respect for themselves and the other teams. It's OK to have opinions and root for your team, but there's a right way and a wrong way to do it.
"basketballstar" Wrote:South Floyd will win the District. All the other teams suck!

Come on, be serious. If all the other teams suck, then what does that say about SF when they got beat by district teams like P-burg and BL.

It's really anybody's game. Whoever wants it more and whoever is playing better that night.
sf (like always) will take home the trophy!!!!!!.....no 1 is even close
BL is playing great right now and come tourney time no one will come close to beating us
"WILDMAN#14" Wrote:sf (like always) will take home the trophy!!!!!!.....no 1 is even close

South Floyd better hope for a better game then the last time they stepped into Prestonsburg Field House. Prestonsburg was pretty close that night if I remember correctly, about 18 or 19 points to the good.
Everyone from P-Burg, and BL can talk as much crap as they want about how bad SF sucks, but everyone knows the only reason your talking about SF so bad is because your scared of them. SF has been dominating the 58th for a while, and all of you are just jealous and would do anything to beat them. SF IS the best team in the 58th, yea they have had there off nights, but has anyone seen this team play when all there heads are in the game like against Paintsville, or at East Ridge, or against Johnson Central. Nobody in the region can stop SF when there on and come tourny time they'll be on. SF will win the 58th, and take home ANOTHER 15th region title.
"basketballstar" Wrote:Everyone from P-Burg, and BL can talk as much crap as they want about how bad SF sucks, but everyone knows the only reason your talking about SF so bad is because your scared of them. SF has been dominating the 58th for a while, and all of you are just jealous and would do anything to beat them. SF IS the best team in the 58th, yea they have had there off nights, but has anyone seen this team play when all there heads are in the game like against Paintsville, or at East Ridge, or against Johnson Central. Nobody in the region can stop SF when there on and come tourny time they'll be on. SF will win the 58th, and take home ANOTHER 15th region title.

I think in your post #17 I think it was. You were the one that said that all the other teams beside SF sucks. So.............
"basketballstar" Wrote:Everyone from P-Burg, and BL can talk as much crap as they want about how bad SF sucks, but everyone knows the only reason your talking about SF so bad is because your scared of them. SF has been dominating the 58th for a while, and all of you are just jealous and would do anything to beat them. SF IS the best team in the 58th, yea they have had there off nights, but has anyone seen this team play when all there heads are in the game like against Paintsville, or at East Ridge, or against Johnson Central. Nobody in the region can stop SF when there on and come tourny time they'll be on. SF will win the 58th, and take home ANOTHER 15th region title.

To respond to this is crazy, but I will anyway.That's the problem, their heads are rarely in a game. To say that nobody in the region can stop South Floyd is just ridiculous. And how would anybody know? SF has only 3 legitimate wins, Hazard, Johnson Central, and Paintsville (bogus in itself, and those that were there know exactly what I mean). The other 10 wins come from AC twice, Cordia, Breathitt (with a record of 3-19), East Ridge, Pikeville, and Phelps. Yeah, I'm as impressed as everyone else is in the 15th Region.