Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 2014
Wow. Paintsville continues to improve if thats the case. This is shaping up to be one heck of a single A football season. Cant wait to get it started!
Pikeville will lose to Williamsburg in the state semi, look for Williamsburg to be back in Bowling Green
I can't believe you said that 1/4 especially since I know who you are.
fedscreekviking Wrote:Story on Feds Creek is that he is going to Paintsville not Pikeville

More jobs in Feds Creek than Paintsville. Don't care who goes to Paintsville they are not going to beat Pikeville.:flame:
:AngelPray

Jetpilot what time does the Feds Creek city council meet ? I'm interested in their fiscal business plan and their funding capacities for corporate growth. With all those jobs over there maybe they would share a blueprint.
Everyone knows that Pikeville brings a lot to the table but I think people will be shocked at how good they will be this year. And Pikeville being shockingly good is saying something.:Cheerlead
TB I am not at liberty to share Feds Creek's economic plan with you. If Paintsville gets wind of it the next thing you know Paintsville is growing.
jetpilot Wrote:TB I am not at liberty to share Feds Creek's economic plan with you.

:hilarious::hilarious:
jetpilot Wrote:Everyone knows that Pikeville brings a lot to the table but I think people will be shocked at how good they will be this year. And Pikeville being shockingly good is saying something.:Cheerlead

Do you believe they will be as good as this past seasons team?
Spud6 Wrote:Do you believe they will be as good as this past seasons team?

Shockingly better and they have home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

All IMO
^^^Pikeville has been my pick from the East since seasons end last year. I like the speed they have. Especially at home on the turf. I think they match up with Williamsburg better than any other team in the east. Wit that said, Raceland may very well have the speed this year, upfront that is. That was our weakness last year. If we faced someone with a line AS strong, but faster as well. Ie we lost to Ashland, Lawrence(how thy team fell apart is beyond me), and Williamsburg. All had lines as strong as ours, but were quicker. The closer we get to the season, the more I see and hear of the offseason these two teams(Raceland/Pikevilke) are having, the more I am thinking its going to be one of them representing the East. Williamsburghas earned the lreseason number 1 spot, but I think they will flop against Hazard at Hazard. If they make it to Pikeville or Raceland, the road will end there. Pikevilke is going to be a very tough out next year with the kids they had coming back and the kids that have come in.
jetpilot Wrote:TB I am not at liberty to share Feds Creek's economic plan with you. If Paintsville gets wind of it the next thing you know Paintsville is growing.
Let's just say it involves a lot of corn mash and copper pots? Lol!
This move has nothing to do with how good either Pville will be, its about the egos of the adults involved.
pikeville was needing a bump..was at the bottom of my screen. :HitWall:
Who is the quarterbacks coach? Anybody know his name?
How is Austin's ankle/leg doing ?
TigerBlues Wrote:How is Austin's ankle/leg doing ?
Looked good in practice yesterday.
What happened with Charles' leg?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:What happened with Charles' leg?

Broke it during baseball.
Oh ok. Thought it msy have been football related. Lots of tallent i our region this year. Should make for some fun football come mid november.
How is practice and 7 on 7 going this summer?
So far been really good. Alot of speed on the field this year. Starters and backups. Line especially will be very mobile.
Mastadon89 Wrote:So far been really good. Alot of speed on the field this year. Starters and backups. Line especially will be very mobile.
I agree. Seems to be even faster than last year at almost every single position based on the last several practices I've seen. I was very surprised.
How was 7 on 7 today Pikeville fans.....
Is pikeville going to open up the season against prestonsburg and hazard with there new uniforms.
Teams in the tourney were Henry Clay (2 teams), Lexington Christian, Paris, Lincoln County, and Pikeville. Opened against LCA and lost a tough close one, then lost again to Henry Clay team 1. That seeded them 3rd in Pool 2. Opened the tourney against Henry Clay team 2, and won. Then lost to LCA again. My opinion, their tight end was the difference for them all day. Excellent receiver. Good hands, good height. Goes up and really gets the ball. Then in the 3rd place game, beat Lincoln County. Overall a good day, got lots of reps in against quality competition from class AA, 5A, and 6A. The game against Henry Clay team one was very very close. But a great day with a lot of positives overall. I like our team. On a side note, Henry Clay defensive backfield is extremely aggressive, I would almost bet my last dollar that at the end of the year they lead the state in interceptions. Quality athletes and speed across the board. I don't know the scores of the games. Pool 1 game scores were all posted, pool 2 scores were not and I did not know the point system for TD's, interceptions, etc.
Good competition only gets you better. Good to hear Pikeville excelling. Who is stepping up at wide out??
I would venture to say that Estep has been working hard. Has he grown any? What about Maynard, that kid has alot of potential as well. How have RB looked coming out of backfield? Thats one thing Hall was good at as well. Screens .
I wish the season would get here?
bac2369 Wrote:Good competition only gets you better. Good to hear Pikeville excelling. Who is stepping up at wide out??
Really, all of them are. I hate to seem vague, but they are all showing signs of improvement over last year. Obviously, when it gets to hittin' time, that's when people separate themselves from the pack, but Maynard is showing quite a bit of improvement, and it was hard for me to tell who was who yesterday in some situations, so I won't go too in depth on that. But the backs improved a LOT on catching out of the backfield from the UPike tourney I watched. I don't know if they were just having a bad day then or if it is improvement from the reps. I suspect it is a little of both. Estep was his typical self. Against Henry Clay team 2 he really abused their corner, dusted him a couple times, but he was solid against all the teams. He caught the game winner against Lincoln Co. on a corner fade in the end zone. Good for about 40 yards. Also caught the 2 pt conversion while heavily covered. Charles put the ball in the one spot only Estep could catch it on that play, so kudos to him as well. Ben Maynard had some really impressive catches, and on Defense, I have to give a shout out to Pikeville's CB (I couldn't see who it was). Made the most impressive interception if the day IMO. Went up in coverage, and one handed the ball while falling down. Beautiful play.