•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2014
You Bell Co. fans Who dislike Greer, Guys I think I should warn you I have eaten a lot of crow for the past 6 months and it gets bad believe me. I personally believe he is an excellent coach and at Corbin I believe he will have more to work with than you all can imagine, Corbin has been and is the flagship program in South Eastern Kentucky./ I suggest you stop knocking Greer and help find a way to beat him.
pjdoug Wrote:the grass is not greener on the other side Confusednicker:

I understand Whitley will be playing Corbin in the near future we Will see how greener it is.Confusedinglepar
64SUR Wrote:I understand Whitley will be playing Corbin in the near future we Will see how greener it is.Confusedinglepar

:Wave:
topnotch Wrote:You Bell Co. fans Who dislike Greer, Guys I think I should warn you I have eaten a lot of crow for the past 6 months and it gets bad believe me. I personally believe he is an excellent coach and at Corbin I believe he will have more to work with than you all can imagine, Corbin has been and is the flagship program in South Eastern Kentucky./ I suggest you stop knocking Greer and help find a way to beat him.

I don't think anyone was knocking him except Whitley people? Kind of a random post don't you think considering the last 2 pages don't mention anything close to what u say.

Corbin has not been the flagship program in 20 years in SEKY.
Bobcat, don't get upset. It probably took Topnotch a week or so to catch his wife to get her to set down and type that response for him.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:I don't think anyone was knocking him except Whitley people? Kind of a random post don't you think considering the last 2 pages don't mention anything close to what u say.

Corbin has not been the flagship program in 20 years in SEKY.

The beginning for the next 20 years...:Cheerlead
I can tell you this about Coach Greer, we were so happy when he left Bell Co. He was a great coach and me personally, think that he is one of the best defensive coach in state. He and Dudley made a great Team!!!!!
I can understand why the Bell people are nerves. Middlesboro starts playing Corbin in 2015 and I hope he retires after this year.
I think Corbin is going to surprise you all. I believe Corbin has more state champions than any team in the Mountains counting the ones before we had classes. One of you old Red Hounds, would you put up the years they won it all?
topnotch Wrote:I think Corbin is going to surprise you all. I believe Corbin has more state champions than any team in the Mountains counting the ones before we had classes. One of you old Red Hounds, would you put up the years they won it all?

I am __years old and I understand your pride in your program. I have not thought of Corbin as the flagship program of the mountains at all. I do not know how many state championships before the KHSAA recorded them. I think that Corbin has had a very good program and top 6-7 in mountians. I do think it goes in phases, Lynch Bulldogs have 4 in the 50's and 60's, Corbin 3 in 70's and 80's. Then Pikeville and Breathitt. Latley Belfry, all with 3. You also have to take into account what Dudley done at Bell with 2 and 30 years of 10 win seasons. Flagship needs to be defined, Somerset leads the mountians with victories, no championships. Middlesboro is next with victories , with 1 championship. I respect you thoughts , but disagree on flagship program of mountians.

A girl can not tell her age just yet.
Flicka Wrote:I am __years old and I understand your pride in your program. I have not thought of Corbin as the flagship program of the mountains at all. I do not know how many state championships before the KHSAA recorded them. I think that Corbin has had a very good program and top 6-7 in mountians. I do think it goes in phases, Lynch Bulldogs have 4 in the 50's and 60's, Corbin 3 in 70's and 80's. Then Pikeville and Breathitt. Latley Belfry, all with 3. You also have to take into account what Dudley done at Bell with 2 and 30 years of 10 win seasons. Flagship needs to be defined, Somerset leads the mountians with victories, no championships. Middlesboro is next with victories , with 1 championship. I respect you thoughts , but disagree on flagship program of mountians.

A girl can not tell her age just yet.

I've never been a Corbin fan since I'm a Whitley County fan but Corbin has a great tradition and I would agree with flagship.
pjdoug Wrote:I've never been a Corbin fan since I'm a Whitley County fan but Corbin has a great tradition and I would agree with flagship.

So when I hear flagship they are the leaders of all the mountian teams? You guys are in minority. No offense.
What stands out more than the other programs that makes them Flagship?
Flicka Wrote:So when I hear flagship they are the leaders of all the mountian teams? You guys are in minority. No offense.
What stands out more than the other programs that makes them Flagship?

throughout history who in the mountains has been better? you guys? I'm not from Corbin
We have only been in exsistance a short time. No. I just ask what makes them better than the programs that I mention. All those may have the same claim. If I were to say Lynch, you say they are not around, so no. What about the others. What makes them Flagship and not Belfy, Pikeville , Breathitt, Somerset, Middlesboro or Bell County. Why not Hazard? What makes Flagship? I do not think any one team can say they are flagship for all the mountians. JMO
We had some really good games at state against Corbin back in the day. I therefore know they have some state runner up years as well.
Flicka Wrote:We have only been in exsistance a short time. No. I just ask what makes them better than the programs that I mention. All those may have the same claim. If I were to say Lynch, you say they are not around, so no. What about the others. What makes them Flagship and not Belfy, Pikeville , Breathitt, Somerset, Middlesboro or Bell County. Why not Hazard? What makes Flagship? I do not think any one team can say they are flagship for all the mountians. JMO

I think its hard to pick just 1 team to be considered the flagship program of the mountains. I think there are 3-4 teams that are pretty equal in that regard. I dont know the numbers or where to find them, but it would be interesting to see who has been the most consisten over the last 25 and even 50 years.
Well lets see, Belfry or Bell are the King of the Mountians, I forget which and Corbin is now the Flagship Program of the Mountians? Anyone else want a title, just make one up and here we go. LOL hahahahaha
PRIDE101 Wrote:Well lets see, Belfry or Bell are the King of the Mountians, I forget which and Corbin is now the Flagship Program of the Mountians? Anyone else want a title, just make one up and here we go. LOL hahahahaha

I was talking overall history of the program.not one decade
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I think its hard to pick just 1 team to be considered the flagship program of the mountains. I think there are 3-4 teams that are pretty equal in that regard. I dont know the numbers or where to find them, but it would be interesting to see who has been the most consisten over the last 25 and even 50 years.

Bell Co. has been the most consistent team in SE KY over the past 25 years
with Corbin, Middlesboro and Somerset at the top when considering the last 50 years.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Bell Co. has been the most consistent team in SE KY over the past 25 years
with Corbin, Middlesboro and Somerset at the top when considering the last 50 years.

speaking of mountain teams. Did Cawood ever win a state championship? I know they had some tough teams.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Well lets see, Belfry or Bell are the King of the Mountians, I forget which and Corbin is now the Flagship Program of the Mountians? Anyone else want a title, just make one up and here we go. LOL hahahahaha

Knox could use one Pride101 A flag pole just sayin...:insane:
64SUR Wrote:Knox could use one Pride101 A flag pole just sayin...:insane:

:Thumbs:Confusednicker:
Let's see.....I got it, The Most Improved Program in the Mountains. How is that.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Let's see.....I got it, The Most Improved Program in the Mountains. How is that.

I like Knox Central football program for several years now. I know I have watch them over 10 or more games over the past 6 or 7 years. :truestory:
64SUR Wrote:I like Knox Central football program for several years now. I know I have watch them over 10 or more games over the past 6 or 7 years. :truestory:

:dudecomeon:
Just what 64 needs another team!
I'm starting to think some of y'all don't go out and watch football games on friday nights...:popcorn:
I know it's been a long while since Corbin has won a title but as far as consistency goes, it's hard to not say that Corbin is the flagship program. I'm not saying they are the most winning, have the most titles, but it is a program that everyone in the state knows and associates with success.

I'm not saying that there aren't other proud traditions because there certainly are. Hazard, Pikeville, Bell, Middlesboro, Belfry, Johnson Central, Somerset, etc but over the sands of time, you rarely hear of Corbin having a down year. There may be a 5-5 or 6-4 season here and there but it always seems like 8-2, 9-1, 10-0, 7-3 are the norms for Corbin. The trophies haven't followed but one cannot deny the consistency of success with the Redhounds.
Bell County has had 34 years of 10 win seasons with one 7-5 last year under Dudley, with that they are the Flagship program. My point there are several programs including Corbin that have the same claim. Corbin is not alone, so be careful when you self proclaim a title.
I agree that Bell over the past 2 or 3 decades have been up there towards the top, if not the top. However, I'm talkin about over the span of a lifetime. Bell wasn't a shell of it's current self prior to Hilton taking over.

One thing that we can all agree on is that while there are 4 or 5 schools who can be the "flagship program", Southeastern KY is a hotbed for football. In a state where many think basketball is king due to the success of UK, football is what keeps this state going.
Finally, a man of reason. I agree, there are 4-5 programs with that claim.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next