•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairview 2014
Someone close to the program give up a little about what Fairview has coming back..?
64SUR Wrote:Can not confirm Five-0. Can confirm Williamsburg is coming to the mountains in November for a dance to Bowling Green. :popcorn:

Come on up 23N. in Nov., and get served 64. :biggrin:
^^^said it for awhile now. Williamsburg SHOULD be the team to beat i the east and very well may have picked up the pieces needed to compete with the likes of Mayfield, Beechwood, or Frankfort(in that order). But, I think they will get knocked off this year. Personally, I think Hazard will get them, t's hard to beat a Mark Dixon team within the city limits of Hazard, in late November. If they get past Hazard, I think Pikeville, Raceland, or maybe even Paintsville, will pull the upset. I think all four of Williamsburg's main adversaries, have more speed on the line this year. I know there will be at Raceland.
Williamsburg has taken over the Fairview thread
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Something has to happen. Since the sanction, none of them have had much to say. No one has much info on personel. Talon gave two updates regaurding who was still there and how the coaching changes were going. Clint gave his updates...other than that, we got nothing. I think the game of football is a bit of a question mark at Fairview. They may come out swinging, may come out wit a belly flop. They will show where thy stand the 3rd week of September when they travel to Hazard and take on Dixon and Co.
Scotty, I think you are correct. I think the burg will not make it back this year. I think they will slip.
Jarons Wrote:Williamsburg has taken over the Fairview thread

Look closely Jaron its not Williamsburg fans this is my 3rd posts on this thread. I know nothing about fairview.....Everybody is dreaming about playing williamsburg, We are the lottery pick in the east.... I Think :popcorn:
64, do you realize how crazy that sounds? The burg has 2 good seasons and now everyone is dreaming about playing them. They will not make it to BG this year. I can tell you that right now.
Racelan I can't hold it back, Your team stunk when we played them last year in the playoffs, Your line played in slow motion. Your backs were not much better, Scottie you are a fine fellow but, get real. Play a good game aganst us then talk about us.
mysonis55 Wrote:64, do you realize how crazy that sounds? The burg has 2 good seasons and now everyone is dreaming about playing them. They will not make it to BG this year. I can tell you that right now.

Wrong again Mysonis55, We have had 3 Good years in a row. The other was when hazard beat us 28-0 and went on to beat mayfield by all most the same score in the State Championships Game. Now it's going to be 4 years in a row. Now I'm leaving Fairview thread for good.....where is Fairview anyway....:HitWall:
Don't hold back. I state facts. Ive never used smoke and mirrors to cover up Raceland's play. Never gave excuses, gave Williamsburg the credit for beating us, they were the better team. But Im entitled to my opinion, just like you are entitled to yours. Dont like it? Dont read it. I dont play the "pm me if u have a problem game" thats bs. These forums are for talking football. Thats all i am doing. Stating my opinion, 9/10 times with facts stating why. MY team played poorly in their final game of the season, just as YOUR team did in Bowling Green, I will cut u off at the pass and go ahead and say it "Atleast you got to Bowling Green". I wish Williamsburg the best of luck. I think they will slip up come late November, they shouldn't, but I think they will. Much like MY team did in 2008.
topnotch Wrote:Racelan I can't hold it back, Your team stunk when we played them last year in the playoffs, Your line played in slow motion. Your backs were not much better, Scottie you are a fine fellow but, get real. Play a good game aganst us then talk about us.

Don't hold back. I state facts. Ive never used smoke and mirrors to cover up Raceland's play. Never gave excuses, gave Williamsburg the credit for beating us, they were the better team. But Im entitled to my opinion, just like you are entitled to yours. Dont like it? Dont read it. I dont play the "pm me if u have a problem game" thats bs. These forums are for talking football. Thats all i am doing. Stating my opinion, 9/10 times with facts stating why. MY team played poorly in their final game of the season, just as YOUR team did in Bowling Green, I will cut u off at the pass and go ahead and say it "Atleast you got to Bowling Green". I wish Williamsburg the best of luck. I think they will slip up come late November, they shouldn't, but I think they will. Much like MY team did in 2008. Meant to quote Topnotch the first time but forgot to.
Don't get too frustrated Scotty. If you keep going back and forth his wife will continue to have to think of things to say and type them for him.
Bahahaha
Fairview Sux? "The Wood" got cut down? Whats a guy gotta due to keep a thread going these days?
I know what you mean. I tried to stir the yellow jackets thread. I worked and worked at it but, when I finally agitated them enough they came out. I had to throw up a smoke screen to safely get out of there.
Haha. I just dont get if, last year (preseason) everyone talked about what Nate was doing and how great things were. Breaking huddles with "State Champs", talking about how high there numbers were, all of their size, speed, and atheleticism. The debacle ensued and everyone has fallen off the face of the earth. What happened happened. Nothing anyone can do about it now. The community needs to getbehind Fred Ray and the kids that r still playing for the Eagles and support them. Doesnt seem like that is the case.
I'm sure that crap hurt them. The fans are probably skeptical about anything now. I hate it that it ended up that way for them. I really didn't like the video of them ending practices with state champs chant though. It kinda ticked me off.
Talon give me a little update of a possible starting line up for Fairview.. I will probably be in attendance to watch them play hazard.
Fairview currently has 43 kids out , the number is expected to get to around 50 by 1st full practice in pads . Fairview's new Dcord has been a Dcoord on 9 state championship teams , & the new OC i have been told but cant confirm to be true yet has won a state championship both as a OC , & HC in Ohio , & that he specializes in a fast paced no huddle pass heavy offense , which FHS is switching to this season . Our QB Roy has been to i think 5 qb camps 2 or 3 of them was by invite only , & after his showing at WVU camp is now getting serious attn from the Mountaineers. As far as starting line-up goes i have no info to pass along except we may be surprised.
Thanks.. So who are some of the key returners?
bac2369 Wrote:Thanks.. So who are some of the key returners?

Roy will be a 3rd year starting QB , & will only be a Jr season . I King is a 2nd yr starter on O as WR/RB , & a 3rd year starter on D as a DB . Metzler 3rd yr starter on OL , & DL . Davis 2nd yr returnee to the DL , & will be 1st full yr as starter as a Jr on OL , but he had some spot starts on OL last yr . Smith 2nd yr starter on O as WR , Stormes 2nd yr starter as a DB . Right now off the top of my head thats all the info i have to give . Its late , im tired , & cant think lol
Eagar to see Fairview this season to get a logic on how good they will be.
Glad to hear atleast one of the fairview faithful keeping tabs on things! Thanks talon
Not sure where talon getting information but I've been to some workouts no where close to 40 players. I believe on average throughout the summer been between 15 and 25 kids. Whether you like what happened or not, Nate McPeek is a great guy and coach. I had the pleasure of seeing the program grow over the years. I think it was Crap what he had to endure because of Garry and Musick. I wish him the best in GA and fairview won't be the same but I wish our program the best.
Their numbers sound pretty strong. I remember the qb from 2012. He had a good arm then.
^^^Roy is a kid that has been under utilized in his career. I think with the speed they had in 2012 they shoukd have used more of a passing game, but they seemed more determined to have as many rushing yards possible. Nothing wrong with that, but when you run into a team that can match your speed, then your one demensional and have no way of scoring quickly. Then most teams panic and start throwing the ball around and it rately works out for them.

Roy has a good arm, he is also pretty accurate. They wont have the same type of speed in the backfield with Yetts and Brown gone. They will need to utilize King's quickness in space, as for the rest of the backfield, idk what they will do. Imo, their offense will live and die by what King is capable of doing both at RB and WR, and if their defense can tighten up. They gave up alot more points than usual last year. Goina be an interesting year for Fairview.
That's not a good sign when the offense is predicated by one person.
FHS has other offensive weapons other than King . King is very quick , & talented, but we have at least 2 more that are faster than he is . One kid clocked a 4.33 40 .
Last years speed still wasnt enough to beat Raceland. Which brings me to my next point. Fairview seemed lifeless after the 2nd quarter, when Raceland went up 2 scores, what gives? I'd never seen a McPeek team do that. Then with over a minute left in the game, Fairview made their way across the field to shake hands. A week after the game is when everything began coming to the front. That has really confused me ever sense. Its almost as if they knew what was coming.

From an offensive standpoint, who will be the other players to watch for outside of Rou and King?
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next