Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frankfort Panther 2014
The Frankfort Panthers had an impressive 2013 campaign and took the 1a world by surprise. The Panthers went 11-3 on the season and were in the semi finals for 1a. The most impressive part of that was that the Panthers led the state champions at the half in Mayfield in the semis. The Panthers flashed some hard core defense. The Panthers return 23 players from last years roster. They return one of the top passers of 2013. Anthony Robinson passed for 1329 yards on the season.

The questions for the Panthers going forward are can they duplicate their success of last year?

The Panthers lost several from an already small roster in numbers. There is also talk that they may lose another 2 or so due to baseball careers. While they do have a lot of talent returning, that may be a hard question to answer. The program does seem to be headed in the right direction but, they need the numbers in order to be able to sustain the success of recent times.

This should be an interesting year of the Panthers. Weigh in and let us know your thoughts on this matter.
This team has a chance to win it all certain things come to play..
Frankfort has been putting very good teams on the field for several years. They have got lost in the shadow of Beechwood and Mayfield. This may be the year they step out of the shadow.
Frankfort returns 90 percent of their scoring. They also return several key offensive linemen. Frankfort has a real shot to make a run to the finals. They need to build depth up front. They have a few transfers skill guys that will replace 2 Wideouts they lost to graduation. Haven't lost anyone to baseball. Baseball kids graduated. They have 3 kids getting serious looks from few D1 schools. One running back has several offers already from mid major schools. Roster looks like lat years some place around 35 kids.

Biggest loss is inside coaching staff. So may take few games early to adjust. But come November they will be fine.

The panthers are traveling to Florida this season to play a 2A regional champ out of Naples. So sounds like they are trying to prepare for the Tigers and Cardinals. Good news if the Panthers can make it back to the semi-finals they will host.
They must have some money in the football budget to travel that far. Good luck. Represent us well.
They have had to raise 20k. They are at 18k with 2 months to go. Will leave on a Sunday and return on a Sunday. Will take several college visits while on the trip.
Sounds like a great trip. I am sure they will Represent Kentucky well.
Good luck to the Panthers in the sunshine state. This year will be very competitive in the west, as it will the east. I think the west is better than the east within their top 3 vs our top 5 are still probably 2-4 tds better. There is just more speed in the west, in those 3 teams. Frankfort is my sleeper in the west.
Frankfort is definitely no sleeper they are a real contender and do have a great shot at winning it all.
We owe them one on that crappy field of theirs. I haven't forgotten what 2008 felt like.
I would imagine they feel like they owe us one as well for last year.
I can't stand losing on that crappy field. It's almost like playing at Fulton Co. At least they don't have Mosquitos.
I've never been to that field or Fulton city's either, I usually find a game I think will actually be competitive. I even missed the Marshall county game this year.
It's a shame when we have to play them. I wish they would set aside their petty differences and combine those two schools. They could make for some very athletic teams in football, basketball and baseball if they did.
I can only remember 1 good team between the 2 schools since I started watching high school football in 05. It was Fulton city in 07, don't remember his name but they had a great received. I set with a guy at games that lives in Fulton city, I think he is tired of seeing them lose so bad.
I hope the Panthers have a chance to host the Cardinals at the crappy field! Called home field.
I do too. We owe them one on that CRAPPY FIELD. They tried to make it look like the Florida Gators' field. Another team that I can't stomach.
I've never been to Frankfort, but hope to this year. I'm not sure what is the worst field I've seen. Caldwell county's has a very crappy crown to it, but the worst visitors section I have seen is crittenden county.
Yeah Crittendon's is bad. Caldwell's is nice. Frankfort's is worse than them. It also looks like a rough neighborhood that it is in.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I can only remember 1 good team between the 2 schools since I started watching high school football in 05. It was Fulton city in 07, don't remember his name but they had a great received. I set with a guy at games that lives in Fulton city, I think he is tired of seeing them lose so bad.

I believe the last name of the young man was Lockett. Jaquez I think not positive on spelling.
I remember them beating us. We had Logan Armstrong and one of our better linemen ejected the game before against Calloway. I told someone right then that they could not beat us in the playoffs with all our boys back. I proved correct in round 3. Redemption was great. The next week was terrible at the crappy field.
That name doesnt ring a bell, i figured 55 would remember, if i aint mistaken didnt fulton city have to forfeit all there wins that year. The 09 mayfield team Was the one i hated to not see win a title as it was only team that i actually knew a player on.
No , I don't remember them having to forfeit.
mysonis55 Wrote:No , I don't remember them having to forfeit.

Does acree return, and what about that d line that was so good.
Does acree return, and what about that d line that was so good.
I will check when I get home.
What coach left Frankfort?
mysonis55 Wrote:Yeah Crittendon's is bad. Caldwell's is nice. Frankfort's is worse than them. It also looks like a rough neighborhood that it is in.

Yes it is in a neighborhood. I think it is a very neat place. It is bermuda grass field. It drains welll, it takes a beating through the year and by the 3rd round isn't as good of shape. Loking for to you guys traveling back to Sower Field.
We could play that one at War Memorial. It's a much better stadium. Besides, I like the drive better.
I have been hearing Frankfort has alot of new transfer...some bigtime player.:rockon: