•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 3A top 10
Mysonis55 cant count to 4....Hes confuse. TongueirateSho
All I have to count to is 1 there 64. I have 1 team and they are #1 right now. I was just trying to remember our rivals titles there 64. That would be harder for you to do. Since you have 64 teams, that means you have 64 rivalries. Thank God for computers because you couldn't keep up with that.
mysonis55 Wrote:All I have to count to is 1 there 64. I have 1 team and they are #1 right now. I was just trying to remember our rivals titles there 64. That would be harder for you to do. Since you have 64 teams, that means you have 64 rivalries. Thank God for computers because you couldn't keep up with that.

should be proud of a 2A team that play in 1A. :blabbermo
That's the best you got. We played 2a as a 1a sized team for a year or two as well. We won a title in 2a with 1 a numbers in 93.
mysonis55 Wrote:That's the best you got. We played 2a as a 1a sized team for a year or two as well. We won a title in 2a with 1 a numbers in 93.

That was 20 years ago. Hey i don't blame mayfield wanting to stay in 1A with 2A number.ITS OKAY MYSONIS55 but :Sad04:
Yeah, that's what it is. We petitioned to stay in 1a. Our fans have been begging to go back to 2a for years. They love competition at MHs. We don't play a single 1a team in our out of district play until the playoffs. We believe in playing stiff competition.
Belfry0304 Wrote:That's fine, you can continue to gush all over them if you want, I'm not buying in until I see results.

Same as we wont buy into belfry into we see there results. Since the belfry fans love to bash on pt, and love to say they only won in 09 since central, and belfry were down, we can do the same for belfry in 13. Enjoy your title on a down year for central. As far as the 80 title goes, it was considered seperate classes but since they didnt call the jefferson county class 5a, and it was called 4a as well and they beat pt you get to bash them. It would be the same as after your title last year having to turn arount and play scott county, and if that was the case yall wouldnt be champs either. As far as belfry having 7 or 8 titles if not for jefferson county schools alot of schools could say the same. I have respect for belfrys program, and think they are the team to beat, but lets not make it out like they are a huge powerhouse.
Don't get too caught up in it Killbilly. We met some of the Belfry bunch in Dec. They are not all like this. They have some pretty good fans that are not too caught up in themselves. I think it's just like any other program, you got some that just get a little to overboard. For the most part they were a great bunch to talk to though.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Same as we wont buy into belfry into we see there results. .

I think 7 State Finals, 3 State Championships and only one season where Belfry failed to reach the Semi-Finals since 2003 speaks pretty well for itself, don't you?

There are only a handful of teams who has had that success over the past 11 years regardless of classification.. one of them are your beloved Cardinals. I know it is easy to be blinded when you are churning out State Titles every year like Mayfield,,, but there is absolutely no denying that since Kentucky expanded to a 6 Class System it has been Central.... then Belfry.... then everyone else.

To deny Belfry hasn't had "there" results is simply not knowing the landscape of High School Football over the past decade.

Belfry fans are a passionate lot and will defend their program. This all started with 55's prediction that PT would be dominating 3A.

Post #5 after he ranked PT ahead of Belfry this season...
mysonis55 Wrote:This will be the last year before Paducah Tilghman takes over 3a for several years.

People just accurately pointed out that it is highly unlikely PT will "take over" anyone in a stacked class and to infer as such is a slap in the face of teams who have proven themselves. If I made a statement that "Mayfield is about to be slapped into reality moving up to 2A" I am sure Mayfield fans would take exception and rightfully so. Mayfield has proven themselves as a program that will be up to the test no matter who they play and who demand respect...just as programs like Central, Belfry, and soon to be Boyle COunty and LexCath have earned similar accolades.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I think 7 State Finals, 3 State Championships and only one season where Belfry failed to reach the Semi-Finals since 2003 speaks pretty well for itself, don't you?

There are only a handful of teams who has had that success over the past 11 years regardless of classification.. one of them are your beloved Cardinals. I know it is easy to be blinded when you are churning out State Titles every year like Mayfield,,, but there is absolutely no denying that since Kentucky expanded to a 6 Class System it has been Central.... then Belfry.... then everyone else.

To deny Belfry hasn't had "there" results is simply not knowing the landscape of High School Football over the past decade.

Belfry fans are a passionate lot and will defend their program. This all started with 55's prediction that PT would be dominating 3A.

Post #5 after he ranked PT ahead of Belfry this season...

People just accurately pointed out that it is highly unlikely PT will "take over" anyone in a stacked class and to infer as such is a slap in the face of teams who have proven themselves. If I made a statement that "Mayfield is about to be slapped into reality moving up to 2A" I am sure Mayfield fans would take exception and rightfully so. Mayfield has proven themselves as a program that will be up to the test no matter who they play and who demand respect...just as programs like Central, Belfry, and soon to be Boyle COunty and LexCath have earned similar accolades.

Trust me i dont buy in to all that 55 says. Yes he said pt will take over 3a, but plenty of belfry fans are saying the same. Belfry may well take over 3a, but until they do central owns this class. Yes belfry was runner up alot of years, but lets not pretend the 3a east has been stacked. How many runners up would they have if they were meeting central in the semis. The answer is not near as many. I do kinda like belfry though i almost always go for the west, but i usually go away from that when someone from the east plays a louisville school.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Trust me i dont buy in to all that 55 says. Yes he said pt will take over 3a, but plenty of belfry fans are saying the same. Belfry may well take over 3a, but until they do central owns this class. Yes belfry was runner up alot of years, but lets not pretend the 3a east has been stacked. How many runners up would they have if they were meeting central in the semis. The answer is not near as many. I do kinda like belfry though i almost always go for the west, but i usually go away from that when someone from the east plays a louisville school.

Belfry fans all gave Central the praise and rightfully so. Look at posts #64, #69, and #70. What Belfry fans are saying is that Belfry is going to be loaded the next 4 years.. which appears to be a very accurate statement. The Pirates had more Freshman playing key minutes than any other team in the State Finals last year and their incoming crop of talent is impressive as well.

Alot can happen in 4 years, but right now Belfry's Freshman and Sophomore classes have as much shear talent as any point in the school's history. Enough that it is safe saying that just like the past 6 or 7 years... the road to the Finals runs through Central on the West and Belfry on the East. The predictions of Belfry's "domination" were by a Lawrence County fan (dawgfan), The Outsider (Corbin/Wburg/Whitley), and a Pike Central fan (Mjolnir).

Noone respects Central's program like the folks at Belfry.

As for your other statement... taking Belfry and Central out of the picture I still think the East had gotten a bit of bum rap simply because Belfry has been so dominant. Bourbon County was the 3rd best team in the State last year and maybe even the 2nd best team. Belfry played about as good as they could at Bourbon and executed much better than the title game. Bourbon vs. Wayne would have been a great game and a bit higher scoring. In 2012 and 2011 Breathitt County was about as good as anyone else in the State not named Belfry and Central, and 2011 Garrard County was peaking and playing unbelievable ball. In 2010 Somerset was the consensus #1 the entire year after their runner-up finish and were undefeated... a very young Belfry team off the rebuilding year upset them. Though the depth of good teams hasn't been as deep as the West, it very well could be argued that Belfry beat the 3rd best team each of the past 4 years in the playoffs.

Bell County has played Central very close the past three years and moving forward they will be in the East and have a bright crop of talent ahead. I also expect Russell, not so much this year, but next season to emerge as team to watch.
My statement was not meant as a slap to anyone. I was just telling everyone my prediction. I know you don't see it but you will. I have personal knowledge and experience in Rogers' philosophy of football. I know the defensive coordinator as well. If you want to check quotes go back to mine last year. PT had a losing record when the revealed that Shanks was coming back. I posted right then that they were going to state and y'all gave the same type response you are now. Then when they revealed that he was leaving just before preparing for Wayne Co. I them posted that PT would lose and probably badly. They did. This is the same def coordinator with the head coach that brought him to western ky. You all are drastically underestimating PT. I have already said this before but just take it under advisement and then in 2 years or so let me know how wrong I was.
good ole 55 you got to love him.
I believe in telling it like I see it. If I ruffle some feathers I'm sorry but this is a thread to give your opinion on top ten. I gave mine and will stand by it.
I believe that Belfry is always a contender for the title but I respect those Yellow Jackets and they are not to be taken lightly.

My Top 3

1. Belfry - You gotta beat the best to be the best and they are the returning champs.
2. Central- A very close second, I respect the coach, I respect the team, I respect the blistering speed.
3. Bourbon Co. - IMHO this was the second best team in 3A last year.

Teams that will rise quickly to power in the next two years;

Russell
Paducah Tilghman
I can agree with that assessment.
3A is absolutely LOADED. Should be the funnest class to watch next year.
It's about time though. For the past few years it has been held up by two teams.
Yea i know. 2A will be fun from 2015 till they change everything again. Cant wait to see the MF/Desales match up...its bound to happen. Talk about a fast paced game. NCC will get some competition in the East as well.
I wasn't disrespecting Paducah Tilghman at all, by the way. That program speaks for itself. I just don't buy into 55 piggy backing after saying the same crap this year before the Wayne game. I have no problem with the Tornado though. I just don't like mysonis55Confusednicker:
Whatever
mysonis55 Wrote:Whatever

Mysonis55 you been smoking Confusedmoke: way to much weed this week. You need to stay in your safe area 1A. :lmao:
64, we will see. By the way, I have not adopted PT. I will leave the adopting to you.
Wasn't Coach Scroggins quoted at the State Championship this year saying South Warren would be the team to beat from his region?
Don't tell 64. He will adopt them as well.
mysonis55 Wrote:Yeah, that's what it is. We petitioned to stay in 1a. Our fans have been begging to go back to 2a for years. They love competition at MHs. We don't play a single 1a team in our out of district play until the playoffs. We believe in playing stiff competition.

Is this why you want to stay in class A?
Russell might have something to say about the recent belfry dominance.
We don't want to stay in single a. That was sarcasm. We have to stay for one more year.
mysonis55 Wrote:My statement was not meant as a slap to anyone. I was just telling everyone my prediction. I know you don't see it but you will. I have personal knowledge and experience in Rogers' philosophy of football. I know the defensive coordinator as well. If you want to check quotes go back to mine last year. PT had a losing record when the revealed that Shanks was coming back. I posted right then that they were going to state and y'all gave the same type response you are now. Then when they revealed that he was leaving just before preparing for Wayne Co. I them posted that PT would lose and probably badly. They did. This is the same def coordinator with the head coach that brought him to western ky. You all are drastically underestimating PT. I have already said this before but just take it under advisement and then in 2 years or so let me know how wrong I was.

With all due respect to the bolded, I don't think you are helping your claim much if we are having to base our expectations off your past predictions.

Paducah Tilghman's "Road to the Championship" was a weak Adair County, an extremely young and rebuilding Monroe County, and then a good, but flawed South Warren. Everyone expected PT to blast their first two opponents like they did. Meanwhile South Warren was a very good defensive team with a bad offense and the game played out as such. Tilghman won thanks to a horrible botched call. They then proceeded to get trounced the next week by a superior Wayne County team.

Even if Shanks was the DC versuses Wayne it doesn't change the fact PT only had 10 points offensively, and with all due respect as good of a DC as Shanks is you don't get ran over on defense that bad in the span of One Week after playing an entire season of football. He may have made them a TD better, but that game was simply a matter of one team being much better than the other in every aspect.

As far as predictions go, you also were claiming from the rooftop that McCracken County was going to reach the State Finals and were the best team in WKY. This is the team who made a 2nd Round exit by 11 points to Central Hardin (who followed up that game by getting dismantled by Meade County)

As I have said before, I very easily could see PT finding that perfect mix of athletes and coaching and reaching that elite level in 3A over the coming years. Would not surprise me in the least as Tilghman has seemingly been close for the past 5 or 6 years as it is, but unlike the other proven commodities like a Central and Belfry, or a Boyle or LexCath, PT has to prove it.

Rogers may be the 2nd Coming of Chuck Smith to HS Football and just needed the right fit... but as of now he is simply a Head Coach who has never been able to get over the hump despite having a roster littered with D-1 caliber prospects. What I do know is on any given year there is enough talent in the Paducah/McCracken County area to field a Championship Contending team. The question is going to be whether that talent flows to Tilghman... whether it flows to McCracken County... or if it splits between the two. If PT claims that talent then there is no doubt they will be among the elite of 3A and a bonafide title contender every year. If the talent flows to McCracken County Rogers will have a tough go and will probably have even less talent that his previous job at Warren Central. If it splits, then it will vary.

I think my assessment of PT's potential is warranted and reasonable. OTOH, I think your assessment that PT will dominate 3A over the likes of Central (proven to be an elite program), Belfry (proven track record and about to be VERY up), LexCath (their program speaks for itself), and Boyle County (who was simply elite regardless of classification under Smith) if anything is the mark of "overlooking" someone.

This isn't 1A or 2A... this is about to be pound for pound the toughest class in the State.
Once again, you have an opinion and I another. Like I have said before check back in 2-3 years and tell me how wrong I was.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next