Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 1A Final Draft Alignment 2015-2018
E's Army Wrote:Scheduling will be difficult in a 3 team district. Hard to find games when other teams are playing district schedule.

Thats why I think you will see Raceland having South East Ohio teams like Portsmouth East or West, Ironton, Wheelersburg, Coal Grove, or possibly venture into WV as well. Ohio teams will benefit from playing Raceland due to their strength of schedule will help them in the computer rankings.craceland ca play their seasons out very similar to this:

Ashland
Boyd Co
Lawrence Co
Russell
Greenup Co
Coal Grove
Ironton
Fairview
Paintsville
Wheelersburg/Portsmouth/Huntington High(WV)

There have been a few attempts over the years to set up a series with Huntington. Its stupid though. You have one district in which the closest travel time is about an hour. The playing up and playing down crap is getting old. Play the habd ur delt. Deal with it and move on. Raceland and Fairviewhave always been in a district together. The others have been a revolving door of Paitsville, Nicholas Co, Paris, Bath Co and Lexington Christian. They need to drop t to 5 classe, no petitions, 5 year alignments. Then everyone could get what they want. Closer district games, more competition, more time to see how schools shape up number wise.
I am a firm believer in playing up. You have to find quality teams in the larger classifications to play though. This will make your team tougher in the long run.
mysonis55 Wrote:I am a firm believer in playing up. You have to find quality teams in the larger classifications to play though. This will make your team tougher in the long run.

I like it to, but I have a feeling we wont like a lot of the results against McCracken county but it will make Mayfield better, and will be good for McCracken because there aint to many other teams close by that could challenge them like Mayfield.
Dont mail that one in just yet. I really think people are gonna be surprised by our young talent. I keep saying this, people just forget to keep listening. I think they may get us, but don't be too sure of it.
mysonis55 Wrote:Dont mail that one in just yet. I really think people are gonna be surprised by our young talent. I keep saying this, people just forget to keep listening. I think they may get us, but don't be too sure of it.

Well I will say I wasn't as conviced that McCracken were world beaters lastn year as others thought. I felt Mayfield was better when fresh and got wore down in the heat with McCracken having more depth.
We have the depth this year and for years to come. I could list the names and it would blow your mind. I think for the next few years we could actually platoon the players. I really don't see why many would need to play both sides of the ball. I think we will also be faster overall than last year.
mysonis55 Wrote:We have the depth this year and for years to come. I could list the names and it would blow your mind. I think for the next few years we could actually platoon the players. I really don't see why many would need to play both sides of the ball. I think we will also be faster overall than last year.

Bright and Jackson were the only 2 I would have considered fast last year.
Colby Tucker and Dylan Reed. They are both back. If they can get this new boy going, the track star that is. They still have speed in Davis Mills, Lane Kennemore and somewhat in Marshall Bacon. You add to that some that is moving up, such as Anton Lumpson, the new guy, Landon Arnett, Kincer Arnett, Nick Workman, Jaime Tapia, Jack Murrell and others. Trust me, there will not be a position on the field that does not have some speed.
I forgot Keelan Murphy and the big boy from Ms if he has speed. Not to mention Kyle Hurt and a couple more from the 8th grade coming up. You never know which ones from across town will make the swap either. There always seems to be 1 or 2 that swap just after school lets out. I suspect at least 2 this year.
I also forgot Jill (pronounced G L) Wimberly.
We also have a lineman coming up from 8th grade that the coaches have said is the best they have ever coached.
Sounds like you named half the roster, come on they aint all speed demons.
mysonis55 Wrote:I am a firm believer in playing up. You have to find quality teams in the larger classifications to play though. This will make your team tougher in the long run.

I think playing up from your classificiation is crucial to preparing your team for the playoffs. I was referring to the schools that play up to avoid other schools. I understand the geography of it all, plays a big part of it. But, with a 5 class system alot of that couldbe resolved.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I think playing up from your classificiation is crucial to preparing your team for the playoffs. I was referring to the schools that play up to avoid other schools. I understand the geography of it all, plays a big part of it. But, with a 5 class system alot of that couldbe resolved.

Im not big on teams playing up in a different class either to avoid teams. I see one team was alowed to move down a class from the original draft. It doesnt seem bad if its a team that isnt a power, but what happens when a team that is supposed to struggle has a good run of talent and wins the whole thing. All the teams in that class would have a ligitimate reason to complain. If we feel we need x amount of classes for parity, then why turn around and let a team move. The original draft had 39 teams in every class 2-5a now none of those classes has 39, and its no longer split even. You should play where your enrollment numbers put you period.
Killbilly, I'm noticing a trend here. I see you don't much believe what I am saying. I tell you what, just set back and watch for the next 2-3 years and then come back on here and tell me how freaking wrong I was.
mysonis55 Wrote:Killbilly, I'm noticing a trend here. I see you don't much believe what I am saying. I tell you what, just set back and watch for the next 2-3 years and then come back on here and tell me how freaking wrong I was.

I think you are misenterpenting what i meant. Never said mayfield doesnt have speed, and definitly never said that there isnt alot of overall team speed. Just stated that deion and trajon were the only 2 that i would consider really fast, its not a knock on anyone else, and it definitly doesnt mean the rest are slow. Just saying that there aint 37 usain bolts on the team like it sounds like when you almost named the whole roster. Besides i like your enthusiasm and enjoy seeing you get riled up. You sound alot like the guy that kept saying at the caldwell game that we would win by 3 scores. I try to be unbiased as possible even if its a team im pulling for. But i would like nothing more than mayfield having the fastest team in the state for years to come even if you get to get on here and brag how right you are.
Overall we will be about as fast as any you have seen. I'm not saying with have the 11 fastest kids in the state. What I'm saying is we will have about as fast at any position on the field. Kel Carmen is fast for a big lineman. Cole Kendall and Elijah Brimer have proven they are about as fast of linemen as they come. Our linebackers will be about as fast as anyone's. Our db's are fast. I have some news on some that I haven't shared just yet as well. As a team we will be extremely fast and smart.
mysonis55 Wrote:Overall we will be about as fast as any you have seen. I'm not saying with have the 11 fastest kids in the state. What I'm saying is we will have about as fast at any position on the field. Kel Carmen is fast for a big lineman. Cole Kendall and Elijah Brimer have proven they are about as fast of linemen as they come. Our linebackers will be about as fast as anyone's. Our db's are fast. I have some news on some that I haven't shared just yet as well. As a team we will be extremely fast and smart.

Sounds good to me you got me pumped. Since this is a 1a next alignment thread, who do you think becomes the team to beat. Will beechwood go back to owning this class.
Beechwood will but Hazard will rise up too
Hazard has some good classes coming up.
I have no doubt.
mysonis55 Wrote:Colby Tucker and Dylan Reed. They are both back. If they can get this new boy going, the track star that is. They still have speed in Davis Mills, Lane Kennemore and somewhat in Marshall Bacon. You add to that some that is moving up, such as Anton Lumpson, the new guy, Landon Arnett, Kincer Arnett, Nick Workman, Jaime Tapia, Jack Murrell and others. Trust me, there will not be a position on the field that does not have some speed.

55, I agree with you that Mayfield will have a little better team speed than last year, but, you may be getting a little carried away. Davis and Lane are good and skilled athletes, but, neither are known for there foot speed. They'll be solid players for sure, but, you won't see either of these guys winning too many races, maybe against the linemen, but, that's about it..
Do you not think they will be fast for their positions. I said across the board as fast as any we have had. That means our cb 's would be as fast as past cb's. Our safeties as fast as past safeties. Our lb's as fast as past at their position. Our linemen as fast as past. That does not mean we have 3 lb's than can run as fast as deon. We will be fast at every position. Heck our linemen will be as fast as some teams lb's.