District 4- Beechwood, Bellevue, Dayton, Ludlow

Region 3

District 5- Berea, Bishop Brossart, Bracken County, Nicholas County, Paris
District 6- Fairview, Raceland, Paintsville

Region 4

District 7- Harlan, Hazard, Lynn Camp, Pineville, Williamsburg
District 8- Jenkins, Phelps, Pikeville, South Floyd

Thoughts?
South Floyd could have moved to District 6 with Paintsville and move Hazard with the Pike schools and you keep everyone in four-team districts.
^
Exactly what I was thinking.
Nice set up for Raceland.
Don't understand why they moved Hazard back?
Hazard will walk outta that district. Beating Williamsburg for the region title
doresfanatic Wrote:Hazard will walk outta that district. Beating Williamsburg for the region title

They're in Williamsburg's district...
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Don't understand why they moved Hazard back?

Two schools, Phelps and Pikeville, filed complaints about Hazard being moved into District 8 again.

What I don't understand is the fact that Nicholas County approved the move out of the Paintsville/Raceland/Fairview group to be in a 5-team district setup when they were guaranteed a playoff berth and had been having success winning opening rounds game. I know it was stretch for them to drive for district games, but someone in Class A was going to make the sacrifice. Placing Nicholas County back in that group solves the 3-team issue.
HDE Wrote:South Floyd could have moved to District 6 with Paintsville and move Hazard with the Pike schools and you keep everyone in four-team districts.

If anyone should've moved from District 8 it's Pikeville. They have the quickest route to either Raceland/Fairview, a trip they would make with one of those teams each year while the other comes to Pikeville. Also, there's the Paintsville/Pikeville rivalry. What about attendance? Pikeville gets creative with district games at home against South Floyd, Phelps or Allen Central in the past by having alumni functions and such. If you're playing Paintsville and Raceland at home in the same season, you're gate $$$ is benefitting more.

Pikeville as a program would've been better served playing better competition in district play to prepare for the postseason. Just my opinion.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Don't understand why they moved Hazard back?

Hazard is pretty smart..I think they was wanting home field in 2015 playoff run. :popcorn:
jammin' jamey Wrote:Two schools, Phelps and Pikeville, filed complaints about Hazard being moved into District 8 again.

What I don't understand is the fact that Nicholas County approved the move out of the Paintsville/Raceland/Fairview group to be in a 5-team district setup when they were guaranteed a playoff berth and had been having success winning opening rounds game. I know it was stretch for them to drive for district games, but someone in Class A was going to make the sacrifice. Placing Nicholas County back in that group solves the 3-team issue.
Withdrawn. Thanks for the PM.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Can you share from where this information came?

I know for fact that Pikeville did no such thing.

Check your PM…I won't share the link here, but trust me the written complaint is there.

27 out of 102 schools disagreed with the proposed realignment for various reasons. Matter of fact, Raceland opposed it and asked if South Floyd could join their district. South Floyd didn't file a "yes" or "no" as a response to the first draft.
District 5 sure looks weak, guess someone will have to win it.
Glad to see Berea in the east side. Also which 5th place team gets the 4 seed in the district with Raceland?
Who ever thought 3 team districts was a good idea was smoking crack.
Thanks for posting about the complaint Pikeville had. That's hilarious.
bac2369 Wrote:Glad to see Berea in the east side. Also which 5th place team gets the 4 seed in the district with Raceland?

Im assuming it will be the 5th place seed for district 5
bac2369 Wrote:Glad to see Berea in the east side. Also which 5th place team gets the 4 seed in the district with Raceland?

The 5th place team from District 7 will face the 1 seed in District 6. Which means a team like Lynn Camp traveling to Raceland potentially. Well done KHSAA :lame:
Only 2 schools get respect from khsaa in 1A Pikeville and Hazard in the east nobody else matter. GO Williamsburg :Cheerlead
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Region 1

District 1- Crittenden County, Fulton City, Fulton County, Russellville
District 2- Bethlehem, Caverna, Campbellsville, Fort Knox

Region 2

District 3- Eminence, Frankfort, Holy Cross (Louisville), Kentucky Country Day

Region 3

Region 4

Thoughts?

I just don't understand why you Kant put another team in District 6 :why:
E's Army Wrote:Who ever thought 3 team districts was a good idea was smoking crack.

This is Awesome 3 :pondering:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Region 1

District 1- Crittenden County, Fulton City, Fulton County, Russellville
District 2- Bethlehem, Caverna, Campbellsville, Fort Knox

Region 2

District 3- Eminence, Frankfort, Holy Cross (Louisville), Kentucky Country Day

Region 3

Region 4

Thoughts?

Did Mayfield agree to this. I'm shock Confusederiously:
Hazard was moved at the last minute and then given no chance to respond. That's the problem with the process.
There is no reason to have a three-team district. Hazard should move back and someone should move to District 6. Hazard's closest district game is probably Harlan, an hour and a half away. It's a lot easier for them to go to Pike and Floyd and Letcher counties.
Congratulations to Raceland. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
64SUR Wrote:Congratulations to Raceland. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I was going to say hold on 64Sur but with Phelps out for the season I have to agree with you.
TigerBlues Wrote:I was going to say hold on 64Sur but with Phelps out for the season I have to agree with you.

I forgot to say Go Paintsville :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
I dont get how it couldnt be worked out to keep from having a 5 team and 3 team districts. Makes no sense. Competitively, logistically, in any way it makes no sense.
Scheduling will be difficult in a 3 team district. Hard to find games when other teams are playing district schedule.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I dont get how it couldnt be worked out to keep from having a 5 team and 3 team districts. Makes no sense. Competitively, logistically, in any way it makes no sense.

If teams stayed in the classes there SUPPOSE to be in these wouldn't be an issue. By the KHSAA allowing teams to play up, its throwing off the geography because other teams are getting to play down.

Its real simple, yet the KHSAA continues to screw it up by allowing teams to do what they want. Take the smallest 32 and put them in 1A. Take the biggest 32 and put them in 6A. Then take the rest and EQUALLY divide them up in the other four classes.

Somehow, we still struggle to do this for whatever reason.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If teams stayed in the classes there SUPPOSE to be in these wouldn't be an issue. By the KHSAA allowing teams to play up, its throwing off the geography because other teams are getting to play down.

Its real simple, yet the KHSAA continues to screw it up by allowing teams to do what they want. Take the smallest 32 and put them in 1A. Take the biggest 32 and put them in 6A. Then take the rest and EQUALLY divide them up in the other four classes.

Somehow, we still struggle to do this for whatever reason.

I can not believe I am agreeing with GUT but I am. :partyhard