•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 3A top 10
I can see Belfry staying in that 1 spot for 5-6 years in a row. They just re-load. Many talented younger players coming up. If I,m not mistaken their junior high won state didn't they?
Mjolnir Wrote:I can see Belfry staying in that 1 spot for 5-6 years in a row. They just re-load. Many talented younger players coming up. If I,m not mistaken their junior high won state didn't they?
Yes the middle school pirates won state back to back.
Butler County Middle School ran away with the 8th grade state title 2 years ago. Check out their record last year in high school.
mysonis55 Wrote:Butler County Middle School ran away with the 8th grade state title 2 years ago. Check out their record last year in high school.

Butler appears to be a curious case. In 2012 they went 6-5 and were led by a Sophomore QB Flener and a Sophomore WR Moore.... yet last year neither Flener or Moore were on the roster and they still went 7-4 (pretty good for a traditionally very weak program).

In Belfry's case it is hard not to look at their future with optimism. Belfry had 6 Freshman make major contributions this year (Horton, Hall, Bentley, Catron, Woolum, and Fletcher). Of those 6... in the championship game the two biggest plays made were by Hall and Woolum. Woolum's Field Goal was the only points scored and Hall's Interception sealed the game. In addition to that Horton was all over the field and wreaked havoc in both the Semi's and the Finals.
No knock on Belfry meant. I'm not a PT fan. I'm just stating what everyone will see soon. They always have loads of talent at skill positions. They always have big physical linemen. They always have a good kicking game they always have lack of discipline and that is where the problem lies. They now will have discipline and they will be a very tough out for anyone in any class. I hate that because we were getting very close to tying the overall record in our storied series.
I think mayfield takes tilghman again this year. The new coach will make them better, but they lose coleman, overstreet, and spivy-nunn. Not sure who else is a senior, but those 3 were the cream of the crop. They do have a pretty good qb coming back, but the well aint exactly dry in mayfield either, so they might be able to get one more win closer this year. Only problem is we will never know what the exact series record is as both sides claim its a different record. Ive actually seen 3 different claims on the series.
Belfry best 3a program in the state, everybody else just enjoy the regular season cause when you meat belfry in the playoffs your season is over!
dawg fan Wrote:Belfry best 3a program in the state, everybody else just enjoy the regular season cause when you meat belfry in the playoffs your season is over!

Great program, but I think central could have a claim to that.
dawg fan Wrote:Belfry best 3a program in the state, everybody else just enjoy the regular season cause when you meat belfry in the playoffs your season is over!
Hopefully Russell will have a chance to "meat" them again. Smile
mysonis55 Wrote:Butler County Middle School ran away with the 8th grade state title 2 years ago. Check out their record last year in high school.

Middle school success doesn't necesarily transfer to high school success. There could be many factors to having a dominant MS team with age being one of them. If that's the case, and alot of times it is, then it becomes a non factor at the HS varsity level. Morgan Co and Rowan Co from 4-5 years ago both had teams in the state MS final 4. Have you heard from either since then?
I can agree MS success doesn't equal high school success, but how many of these really good middle school programs are being fed to the likes of Philip Haywood. That's a big thing to think about.
mightydog Wrote:I look for Russell to start making some noise again in 3a. I know they've been down last 6-7 years. But they have a new coach, and theyre comming of back to back undefeted freshman teams. They have a back that ran for 1200 yards as a freshman last year, and this was with a bad line and everyone knew he was getting the ball. They have some good skill kids and a line that will average about 270. It may take awhile for them to adapt to the new system, but come playoff time they may surprise some people.
Good post, but lets just sit back and continue to stay under the radar:devilflam
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:Bourbon will struggle to replace their quarterback, I look for the sophmore and junior returners to alternate a lot early until one of them stands out.

ML is the biggest lost, but they did get a transfer from Scott Co. who looked pretty good in the spring game.

They also lost their two biggest rcv. threats in highlander and johnson, and early on it looks like they are struggling to replace them.

Their bright spot is they do return Holman, probably the best player in 3A and maybe the 2nd best back in the state, and Hill, probably one of the best back up running backs in the state. With a very capable O-line.

Bourbon will make a run, but it probably won't be as impressive as last year.

Is that taking into consideration the rumors that Letton is now the Defensive Coordinator for Bourbon and may be bringing his son Sam Letton with him? :popcorn:
The Lettin rumor seems to have legs and if it is true then Bourbon immediately moves into the Top 2 or 3 teams in 3A pre-season.
I can see belfry making it to the next 5 championship games. Belfry definitly has a great program, but if you think they will win the next 5 or 6 in a row you are delusional. 1 championship in however many years they have appeared in a row and now everyone talks like they are unstoppable. Nobody was saying this when they were losing to central all those year7 now noone thinks they will lose in 3a for the next 5 years cause they just won it this year for the first time in awhile. They may get there a few years in a row, but that dont mean they will win it. 3a is a pretty strong class in the next alignment, but the east may be the weakest side of a bracket in any class, so reality may set in fast when they meet the west. The additions of boyle and lex cath will definitly have a strong and battle tested representative from the west between those 2 central and tilghman and i think the west will take it in 4 of the next 6 years.
Mjolnir Wrote:I can see Belfry staying in that 1 spot for 5-6 years in a row. They just re-load. Many talented younger players coming up. If I,m not mistaken their junior high won state didn't they?

wishful thinking.
pjdoug Wrote:wishful thinking.

Pjdoug you need to pull for 3A corbin in the west like me now.Belfry will Allway be a contender in the east. TAke my word :worthy:
In new alignment Corbin and bell will be east.

Belfry is loaded, but there are always surprises. Groups of kids, coaches, and phenomenal players that step up. 5 years is a long time.
64SUR Wrote:Pjdoug you need to pull for 3A corbin in the west like me now.Belfry will Allway be a contender in the east. TAke my word :worthy:

Belfry is a great program but they have plenty competitionSmile
Cardfan1 Wrote:In new alignment Corbin and bell will be east.

Belfry is loaded, but there are always surprises. Groups of kids, coaches, and phenomenal players that step up. 5 years is a long time.

3A in the east in 2015 going to be awesome. :rockon:
Another west win in 3a this year.
Belfry lost Johnson, Carr, and Warren. Those three will not easily be replaced. The two most obvious kids to step up at HB are coming off torn ACL and broken tibia respectfully. I can understand with having the Pirates near the top, but plenty of questions going into fall. Mature depth at RB is a concern IMO.
I look for either Central or PT.
Why Central 55? Just respect for program? They lost their 3 stud LB'ers and those kids aren't easily replaced. Francis was running the ball for them too this past season.

PT I know less about.
64SUR Wrote:3A in the east in 2015 going to be awesome. :rockon:

Yes it is.
mysonis55 Wrote:I look for either Central or PT.

Monroe County is going to be very, very dangerous out West come November.

A team that was chock full of Sophomores last year and a coaching staff that over the past 5 or 6 years has shown the ability to maximize talent and peak at the right time.

If Letton is officially at Bourbon it is pretty clear that the Pre-Season Top 2 teams will be in the East.. but the West may very well have teams 3-9
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Monroe County is going to be very, very dangerous out West come November.

A team that was chock full of Sophomores last year and a coaching staff that over the past 5 or 6 years has shown the ability to maximize talent and peak at the right time.

If Letton is officially at Bourbon it is pretty clear that the Pre-Season Top 2 teams will be in the East.. but the West may very well have teams 3-9

Monroe will be like Bell County they were full of Sophmores and Freshmen that started last year as well as the injury bug that hit. Bell will be loaded.
Central and PT have talent running out of their ears. They can lose a few kids and the next year have talent to replace them to the point that you just forget who those kids were. Now PT has the coaching staff to go along with it. Central is just that, Central. They will be in the running as long as they are in 3a.
Hatz Wrote:Is that taking into consideration the rumors that Letton is now the Defensive Coordinator for Bourbon and may be bringing his son Sam Letton with him? :popcorn:

Well, Sam is a tight end so i'm not sure how that helps the QB situation...

Unless he's bringing Reese Ryan with him, then you gotta case.
How many titles does Belfry have in 3a. I thought Central had pretty well had the lead in this decade.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next