Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County coach suspended?
I heard their head coach was suspended.

Do any of you Harlan Countians know for sure?
This job will be open. Time table unknown. I am not going to go any farther than that.
I heard this on Friday and didn't believe it... I guess it's true. I always thought he did a great job coaching. I'm very dissapointed.
just a thought but could this open up green to hc maybe? hearing alot of harlan mentioned with green for awhile
Bad situation. I hope what is being told is not true. It could impact his teaching not just coaching.
Wow!!!!
William Muney Wrote:Bad situation. I hope what is being told is not true. It could impact his teaching not just coaching.

Heck what being told...Just curiuos :igiveup:
I haven't heard the particulars about this......but, if I was guessing.......you can bet it involves a female student. It's all over the news these days.....everywhere!:Sad04:
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:I haven't heard the particulars about this......but, if I was guessing.......you can bet it involves a female student. It's all over the news these days.....everywhere!:Sad04:

I would say so.
Any news? Has he been relieved of his coaching duties?
I heard he resigned......and from what I hear......my guess was correct.....the situation involves a female student from HCHS. sad......
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:I heard he resigned......and from what I hear......my guess was correct.....the situation involves a underage female from HCHS. sad......

Ok thanks. Just hadn't heard anymore about it.
Really hate to hear this if it is true. I could see players not playing or transferring to Harlan or even other schools. HC could have a much different look next year.
You guys need to take a chill pill. Rumors, Rumors, Rumors, this man has been set up by a kid that is mad because of playing time and the parents are behind it and it will be proven within the next few days. It is a shame that this has happened. I mean this is this mans livelihood. He has a kid that will be a freshman and his wife is 8 months pregnant. Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad to hear it is going to work out. Have always had a lot of respect for Coach Nolan.
Hope that this has a quick resolution. The longer these matters linger the worse the rumors become.
I heard that Harlan Independent is benefiting from a transfer because of this situation!
So could someone tell what is going on with this situation? Has he resigned? Fired? Or tell us what is going on? No hearsay what you really know?
Interesting timing of developments this week in Harlan. Boys get new coach while Anthony is on the ropes. Don't exactly passs the smell test. I'm all for Micheal, it's obvious he was boys coach in waiting for a long time, and that is great! But given that fact Anthony was more than likely set up and these two have competed for the head boys job before, personally I think the timing do this change stinks...
I thought the same thing. The timing seems opportunistic...
With summer ball approaching in a few days I am sure these teams want to get someone in place as coach.
Rumor has it that Debbie and Elgie Green will be the next coaches at HC. Any truth to that?
If HC is lucky they will get both Greens as their coaches. The best part of that deal would be the addition of their daughter who is already a Division I prospect and nationally ranked.
:notworthy
bball lover Wrote:If HC is lucky they will get both Greens as their coaches. The best part of that deal would be the addition of their daughter who is already a Division I prospect and nationally ranked.

Daughter is already at HC😉
Blair is not at HC. She has been to a couple of open gym practices but has not enrolled.
You can take it to the bank that Debbie Green will be coaching Harlan County and her daughter is coming with her and her husband also.
Nolan will be hard to replace. IMO he was top 3 or 4 coaches in the region. Green is nowhere near that caliber coach. That being said the Green girl has a chance to be really special probably one of the top players to ever play in the 13th.
They will be the next coaches at Harlan.
Remind me, how many regional titles does Nolan have (boys or girls)?
That would be important when you talk about caliber and comparing coaches. Also, let's remember he has been at one of the largest schools in the region from which to draw players? Bet Green gets one before he does.
[quote=insideinfo]Nolan will be hard to replace. IMO he was top 3 or 4 coaches in the region. Green is nowhere near that caliber coach. That being said the Green girl has a chance to be really special probably one of the top players to ever play in the 13th.[/QUOTE

I agree 100% about Nolan being hard to replace and not to be negative but it's much harder to be a parent/coach when your kid is no longer the only option scoring wise. However, if this all happens they would be as talented as anyone in the region!