• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 3A top 10
Someone was needing to start a thread on 3A....just saying
64SUR Wrote:Someone was needing to start a thread on 3A....just saying

central and belfry in title game is the easy bet.
Belfry I would say so but you all should be looking for the bobcats on the other side.
1) Central
2) Paducah Tilghman
3) Belfry
4) Wayne Co
5) Bourbon Co
6) Corbin
7) Fort Campbell
8) Bell Co
9) Pike Co Cent
10) Lawrence Co
This will be the last year before Paducah Tilghman takes over 3a for several years.
1. Belfry
2. Paducah Tighman
3. Corbin ( my sleeper team )
4. Bourbon Co
5. Central
6. Pike County Central ( If coach Chapman stays )
7. Wayne County
8. Fort Cambell
9. Bell County
10. South Warren

:poker face:
mysonis55 Wrote:This will be the last year before Paducah Tilghman takes over 3a for several years.

I dont know about that, tilghman is usually the most athletic team in the jackson purchase, but they always underachive, add in the fact that boyle county and lexington catholic will be dropping to 3a. If tilghman hasnt been able to get it done the last few years i wouldnt bet on them doing it now. I do hope they prove me wrong would love to see them win it all again soon.
Wayne Co won't be that high. They lost a lot.
Bell 8 oR 9. You guys got to be kidding me. They should be no lower than 4. Jut my thought.
The new coach will be the stability and discipline that PT has not had in many years. I am completely certain you will see a new machine rise in the next 2 years.
Pike Cent could be ranked as high as 5th,if they get another RB,one may come if the right coach is chosen. Next couple of weeks will be interesting.
Bobcatsrocks Wrote:Bell 8 oR 9. You guys got to be kidding me. They should be no lower than 4. Jut my thought.

Tell us what we should expect.
Bell has looked far from impressive over the past couple of seasons while teams like Wayne and Corbin (in there district) have seemed to be getting stronger.
What exactly does Central return?
Is it enough to get threw that region, and then beat a Belfry?
1. Belfry
2. Central
3. Corbin
4. Wayne
5. Paducah Tilman
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Tell us what we should expect.
Bell has looked far from impressive over the past couple of seasons while teams like Wayne and Corbin (in there district) have seemed to be getting stronger.

Not impressive in your eyes don't mean very much. You will see this season. Bell will beat Corbin and Wayne Co.
1. Belfry- Defense wins Championships and it did for Belfry in 2013.. the Pirates return a stacked defense and a strong OLine on offense. On paper Belfry appears to be the clear cut choice as a Pre-Season #1
2. Central- Jackets have major question marks to answer but have earned the right to be grandfathered in as one of the Class' top two teams until proven otherwise
3. Bell County- Bobcats were very young in 2013 but were playing a good brand of football in November. Return nearly everyone.
4. Corbin- Redhounds also return nearly everyone but they were trending downward in November and now have to adjust to a new coach.
5. Bourbon County- Colonels lose a lot of major firepower but return possibly the best player in Class 3A.
6. Monroe County- A sleeper to keep an eye on. Sophomore heavy in 2013 the Falcons have been consistently good and should show marked improvement
7. Wayne County- Heavy graduation losses for the Runner-Up Cardinals
8. Paducah Tilghman- Talent is never an issue
9. Pike Central- Hawks should have one of their better teams.
10. Russell- Expect the Red Devils to begin to make some noise off a young team and a rebounding talent pool.

3A in 2014 should be very exciting. Don't think the top teams will be playing at the elite level that they have in the past, but much more parody and deeper field this year.

Outside of the 10 teams above you can also see Ft. Campbell, Mason County, Garrard County, Estill County, South Warren, and Etown as teams who will certainly be quality threats in 2014.
I look for Russell to start making some noise again in 3a. I know they've been down last 6-7 years. But they have a new coach, and theyre comming of back to back undefeted freshman teams. They have a back that ran for 1200 yards as a freshman last year, and this was with a bad line and everyone knew he was getting the ball. They have some good skill kids and a line that will average about 270. It may take awhile for them to adapt to the new system, but come playoff time they may surprise some people.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. Belfry- Defense wins Championships and it did for Belfry in 2013.. the Pirates return a stacked defense and a strong OLine on offense. On paper Belfry appears to be the clear cut choice as a Pre-Season #1
2. Central- Jackets have major question marks to answer but have earned the right to be grandfathered in as one of the Class' top two teams until proven otherwise
3. Bell County- Bobcats were very young in 2013 but were playing a good brand of football in November. Return nearly everyone.
4. Corbin- Redhounds also return nearly everyone but they were trending downward in November and now have to adjust to a new coach.
5. Bourbon County- Colonels lose a lot of major firepower but return possibly the best player in Class 3A.
6. Monroe County- A sleeper to keep an eye on. Sophomore heavy in 2013 the Falcons have been consistently good and should show marked improvement
10. Russell- Expect the Red Devils to begin to make some noise off a young team and a rebounding talent pool.

3A in 2014 should be very exciting. Don't think the top teams will be playing at the elite level that they have in the past, but much more parody and deeper field this year.

Outside of the 10 teams above you can also see Ft. Campbell, Mason County, Garrard County, Estill County, South Warren, and Etown as teams who will certainly be quality threats in 2014.

Great Job EKUAlum05 it looks very good.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. Belfry- Defense wins Championships and it did for Belfry in 2013.. the Pirates return a stacked defense and a strong OLine on offense. On paper Belfry appears to be the clear cut choice as a Pre-Season #1

Looks pretty good but I would make a few changes to top 5.

1. Belfry, return a ton and will be odds on favorite to win 2 in a row. Have little resistence utill BG.

2. Bell returns nearly everyone including 2 very good players that missed the entire season last year. Evan Brock at HB will put up big numbers and Cox at TE is as good as their is in the state. Last year they really depended on Soph and Freshman especially after injuries, those guys are totally different looking kids now.

3. I think you move Central down some but not much, they lost the heart and soul of their team in a trio of stud LB'ers. They will re-load but those guys will be hard for even Central to replace.

4. PT, will have the talent to earn this spot but we will see if they play up to the potential

5. Corbin returns some good players but lost the 2 best and most explosive players on both sides of the ball in Waddle and Jackson. May take a year to get adjusted to Haddix.

Should be fun can't wait for August.
Wayne will beat Bell again this year. Corbin may be the strongest in that district. Look for Casey to make a splash in the district to shake things up.

Over all in that district

1. Corbin
2. Wayne
3. Bell
4. Casey
5. Mccreary

Either way can the winner of the big three get past Central?
TopCat Wrote:Looks pretty good but I would make a few changes to top 5.

4. PT, will have the talent to earn this spot but we will see if they play up to the potential

Should be fun can't wait for August.

I am in "Wait and See" Mode when it comes to Tilghman.

I have said for the longest team PT was the most schizophrenic program in Kentucky and last year only cemented that.

There is no doubt raw athletic talent is there...and a coaching change lends itself to optimism... but at the same time Warren Central wasn't exactly the picture of stability in November in their own right.

A lot of that falls on who WC was losing to...but the Dragons never reached the Semi-Finals under Roger's tenure. Installing a completely new system will also have uncertainty and a learning curve associated with it.

In terms of the inaugural season at PT I would be more apt to "sell" Tilghman as a title threat as opposed to buying it. No doubt Rogers makes them very stout over time and escaping Bowling Green is a positive... but that is a steep hill to climb this year after some substantial graduation losses.
I believe if you check that is pretty much what I said. I said this would be the last year before they took over 3a.
Can you imagine the misdirection offense with all the speed and size he will have at PT?
mysonis55 Wrote:I believe if you check that is pretty much what I said. I said this would be the last year before they took over 3a.

I dont see them taking over 3A as well. Usually Central has more talent than PT and Scroggins actually has proven he can advance to the Semi's. I think PT has the potential to re-insert themselves into the picture... but until PT proves themselves I think it is a stretch to even put them in the same league as some of the other 3A heavyweights in 2015 such as:

Central
Belfry
Boyle County
LexCath

Belfry is about to go on a 4 year run where their talent pool has been the deepest it has ever been.

Boyle has Chuck Smith back, arguably one of the most dominant coaches in KY history, and should regain their form.

Once again it is "wait and see" with Tilghman. For them to rise back to the level of those teams mentioned the new coach will have to prove that not only he can win the big game (which he hasn't thusfar).. he is going to prove he can assemble talent and grow it at Tilghman amidst a whole new level of pressure and expectations.

Entering the new alignment I would place them at the top of that second tier of strong programs probably just behind Bell County.
mysonis55 Wrote:Can you imagine the misdirection offense with all the speed and size he will have at PT?

He hasn't been short handed in that aspect at Warren Central though. Lots of talent at that school that probably would come very close to Tilghman if not surpassing it.
1 Belfry
2 South Warren
3 Central
4 Bell
5 Corbin
6 Fort Camp
7 Paducah Tilghman
8 Mason Co
9 Pike Central
10 Bourbon, Garrard Russell, Breathitt,

What sad is there are a lot of deserving team for top 10 in 3A. So its really hard to make one.. But I would say that my top 7 are about accurate but there several others very worthy after that.
I think you could make about 10 different top 10s. If anybody thought 3A was open last year, it is wide open this year.

About week 4 you may have a decently accurate idea of what it may look like.

Great job! P T might be a little stronger is only thing I would change.
Bourbon will struggle to replace their quarterback, I look for the sophmore and junior returners to alternate a lot early until one of them stands out.

ML is the biggest lost, but they did get a transfer from Scott Co. who looked pretty good in the spring game.

They also lost their two biggest rcv. threats in highlander and johnson, and early on it looks like they are struggling to replace them.

Their bright spot is they do return Holman, probably the best player in 3A and maybe the 2nd best back in the state, and Hill, probably one of the best back up running backs in the state. With a very capable O-line.

Bourbon will make a run, but it probably won't be as impressive as last year.
[quote=64SUR]1. Belfry
2. Paducah Tighman
3. Corbin ( my sleeper team )
4. Bourbon Co
5. Central
6. Pike County Central ( If coach Chapman stays )
7. Wayne County
8. Fort Cambell
9. Bell County
10. South Warren

1. Belfry
2. Paducah Tighman
3. Corbin ( Defiantly a contender with Haddix )
4. Central
5. Burbon Co.
6. Bell County
7. Wayne County
8. Fort Campbell
9. South Warren
10. Pike Central (agreed, if chapman stays)
  • 1(current)
  • Next