Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County coaching search
With Cook out, Lawrence will begin their search for a new coach. With talent coming back, who are some names that Lawrence County will look at?
Unless they get a Coach who is going to stay and that they (Administration) will actually do right by them. The talent at LC in my opinion will transfer and really I can't blame them.
KyRock Wrote:Unless they get a Coach who is going to stay and that they (Administration) will actually do right by them. The talent at LC in my opinion will transfer and really I can't blame them.

and just what should the administration do? if i'm not mistake the schedule cook had was pretty easy. the facilities had been upgraded with the gym getting a facelift. what else? build them a practice facility? not sure why your animosity towards the administration at lawrence.

if cook had stayed another 2 years and left after that, people would have blasted him for doing it and leaving it bare....he leaves with a full list of good players and some are mad he left now.

and to those on here that think lawrence was a state title contender....WAKE UP. geez. i am from lawrence. live in lawrence. and by no way do i think we were a state title contender.
Need a coach I'm available 64SURS. No high school experiences and yes Lawrence County is a contender the next 2 years in the 15th regions...Marked it down if this team stick together....GO LAWRENCE COUNTY. :Cheerlead
lchsalumnus Wrote:and just what should the administration do? if i'm not mistake the schedule cook had was pretty easy. the facilities had been upgraded with the gym getting a facelift. what else? build them a practice facility? not sure why your animosity towards the administration at lawrence.

if cook had stayed another 2 years and left after that, people would have blasted him for doing it and leaving it bare....he leaves with a full list of good players and some are mad he left now.

and to those on here that think lawrence was a state title contender....WAKE UP. geez. i am from lawrence. live in lawrence. and by no way do i think we were a state title contender.

Another One that can't read I never said we were a title contender. If so show me where I said that? And its not only my animosity but word is Coach Cook having to worry about His Teaching position every year is the reason He is leaving. So I can't blame Him one bit for leaving. I hate to see Him Go but A Man's got to do, What a Man's got to do. You are the one that sounds like you are Mad!!!!!! I have personally heard One of the players not long ago and I'm not gonna say any names. But one of LC's best players talk about transferring next year. You asked what should the administration do? How about doing right by people and not avoiding questions at School Board meetings? And another thing is they can facelift the gym but The Football program has to play on that cornfield year in and year out. When Sheldon Clark has better facilities than we do thats pretty sad.
P.S Geeezzzzzzzz
64SUR Wrote:Need a coach I'm available 64SURS. No high school experiences and yes Lawrence County is a contender the next 2 years in the 15th regions...Marked it down if this team stick together....GO LAWRENCE COUNTY. :Cheerlead

64SUR's got my Vote!!!!!!!!!
And another thing You should be glad that people are getting fired up when it comes to LC's Basketball Program. Because I am and I don't ever remember so many that seem to even care about LC Basketball. To me it shows that Lawrence County does care what happens with the School and its Sports Programs. If the Administration can't handle some criticism and animosity they may want to find another line of work.
KyRock Wrote:Another One that can't read I never said we were a title contender. If so show me where I said that? And its not only my animosity but word is Coach Cook having to worry about His Teaching position every year is the reason He is leaving. So I can't blame Him one bit for leaving. I hate to see Him Go but A Man's got to do, What a Man's got to do. You are the one that sounds like you are Mad!!!!!! I have personally heard One of the players not long ago and I'm not gonna say any names. But one of LC's best players talk about transferring next year. You asked what should the administration do? How about doing right by people and not avoiding questions at School Board meetings? And another thing is they can facelift the gym but The Football program has to play on that cornfield year in and year out. When Sheldon Clark has better facilities than we do thats pretty sad.

i never said you said we were a title contender. but there have been a couple on here the past day and 1/2 that have stated that. don't believe me? look it up.

as for worrying about his job. guess what. until he has tenure, which i believe is 5 years in the same position in the same county, he will have to worry about his job everywhere he goes. trust me, he wasn't going to be fired at lawrence or lose a teaching position. that is just stupid to say such a thing.

as for the football field, do you really even know what you are talking about? sure the field isn't the greatest, but the surface isn't bad. are you willing to pay higher taxes so they can put turf down at the price of over $1 million? just so in 10 years they have to replace it because turf doesn't last forever either. it wears down and needs replaced too.

if these boys transfer, then so what. they've done it before. three of the starters either transferred in or in the case of one of them transferred to sheldon clark and only came back when schs coach left for perry. do they have school pride that you want our administrators to have? not if they are talking about bolting at the first sign of adversity. i've heard these same rumors too about a couple of the boys leaving. fine. let them leave. they are NOT GODS. they are very good high school players who have misguided ambitions. hopefully they stay. if not, then they don't love lawrence county the way we do.
lchsalumnus Wrote:i never said you said we were a title contender. but there have been a couple on here the past day and 1/2 that have stated that. don't believe me? look it up.

as for worrying about his job. guess what. until he has tenure, which i believe is 5 years in the same position in the same county, he will have to worry about his job everywhere he goes. trust me, he wasn't going to be fired at lawrence or lose a teaching position. that is just stupid to say such a thing.

as for the football field, do you really even know what you are talking about? sure the field isn't the greatest, but the surface isn't bad. are you willing to pay higher taxes so they can put turf down at the price of over $1 million? just so in 10 years they have to replace it because turf doesn't last forever either. it wears down and needs replaced too.

if these boys transfer, then so what. they've done it before. three of the starters either transferred in or in the case of one of them transferred to sheldon clark and only came back when schs coach left for perry. do they have school pride that you want our administrators to have? not if they are talking about bolting at the first sign of adversity. i've heard these same rumors too about a couple of the boys leaving. fine. let them leave. they are NOT GODS. they are very good high school players who have misguided ambitions. hopefully they stay. if not, then they don't love lawrence county the way we do.

First off let me say that I don't agree with you. Just as coaches leave and change jobs to better themselves so do some players. Two years were wasted with Miller. He did nothing for the program. Finally the administration woke up and got a good coach. He is now gone so these boys only have two years to make something happen. Am I saying they are going D1? No I am not but most can go on to college on a scholarship somewhere. It is not fair, regardless how much they love Lawrence county for them to have to let the LC administration hold their future in their hands. Is the administration concerned about the next coach? Of course not. It will be a so so coach that will do nothing for these boys and will take them no where. It is just common sense people that this is a baseball county and Feltner is only concerned with the baseball program. So if these boys have to move in order to look out for their future then so be it. Don't judge them. Now if the LC administration would like to step up and pay for their college then that might be a different story. Otherwise don't judge and say they don't love LC the way you do. It's the administration that does not love or care what happens to LC. As they have plainly demonstrated numerous times.
Personally, I think there's two maybe three players on that team that could play somewhere other than Alice Lloyd. And none of them are D-1. However, Cook was a good coach that got a good start to his coaching career. This team hasn't even won their district yet, but can if they stick together. The players should stay together where they are and try to win the 15th. Lawrence just needs to go after a similar kind of coach. Young, enthusiastic, and a winner.
KyRock Wrote:Another One that can't read I never said we were a title contender. If so show me where I said that? And its not only my animosity but word is Coach Cook having to worry about His Teaching position every year is the reason He is leaving. So I can't blame Him one bit for leaving. I hate to see Him Go but A Man's got to do, What a Man's got to do. You are the one that sounds like you are Mad!!!!!! I have personally heard One of the players not long ago and I'm not gonna say any names. But one of LC's best players talk about transferring next year. You asked what should the administration do? How about doing right by people and not avoiding questions at School Board meetings? And another thing is they can facelift the gym but The Football program has to play on that cornfield year in and year out. When Sheldon Clark has better facilities than we do thats pretty sad.
I would not say that Sheldon Clark has better facilities than LC. They are without a high school for their students and a basketball gym.
Whoever gets this job will have a lot of talent to work with as long as they stay.
Lawrence let a good coach get away.
It is hard to keep a coach who is ready to move on.
I think LC will go for someone young once again since there was some success in their previous hire with Cook.
Depending on whether or not the dalton boys stay will have a lot to do with the quality of coaches they will attract. If they stay you may see some people jump ship from other teams in order to get that elusive 15th region title, Bart Williams, Jim hicks, maybe even a randy McCoy.
CoffeeBlack Wrote:I think LC will go for someone young once again since there was some success in their previous hire with Cook.

how does young equal wins? why not hire the best candidate. no matter who they get there will be a couple of these kids transfer. sadly that's the way things go these days. so go with the person who will build the program. i've ready so many comments and heard so many people trying to make cook leaving a situation where he wasn't getting paid enough. his leaving is simple. his wife is from central kentucky. mercer has potential for years to come. its a good fit for him. why must everything always be about how the administration "chased another away"? i don't understand those type of people who say that. not saying you are one of them, just ranting a bit. :argue:
Those boys have played together a long time they were winners from the 4th grade on. They were winning before cook and will after cook. Imo cook was average x and o coach those young men just made him look good. He use them to get his next job which is fine. But make no mistake those boys made him a lot better coach than he made them players.
McCoy may leave ER,but Hicks leaving Shelby Valley is not likely.
dawg fan Wrote:Those boys have played together a long time they were winners from the 4th grade on. They were winning before cook and will after cook. Imo cook was average x and o coach those young men just made him look good. He use them to get his next job which is fine. But make no mistake those boys made him a lot better coach than he made them players.

i will have to disagree with you on your assessment. coach cook was an excellent x and o guy. i watched several games and could tell by the way the team responded after timeouts. you don't execute like that unless you are properly coached. those boys are really good, but coach cook was a piece to their puzzle. hopefully my community doesn't disrespect coach cook further. he was a class act and did what anyone NOT from this area would have done when presented an opportunity.
Can't believe people expected Cook to stay. Frankie is a good local coach,just sayin!!!!
Cook was chased out by administration short comings. The jealousy from other programs was sickening.
BBALL41 Wrote:Cook was chased out by administration short comings. The jealousy from other programs was sickening.

lies. lies. lies. keep believing what you want. there is no jealousy. the only jealousy is what you all put on here and usually attacks only one sport. sorry they are successful.
I def can see Feltner being a big part of the problem; the way he acted over the baseball game played 2 weeks ago in rain and 32 degree weather. forced our team to play or it was a forfeit. Only game played this side of lexington. From what i hear he is a jerk.
were Cook Go???? Why he leave???
cardsrule Wrote:I def can see Feltner being a big part of the problem; the way he acted over the baseball game played 2 weeks ago in rain and 32 degree weather. forced our team to play or it was a forfeit. Only game played this side of lexington. From what i hear he is a jerk.

yeah i was at that game. in my car on the road. temps were 38 degrees. absolutely NO RAIN to speak of. field was in perfect shape. there were other games played that day. i guess schs decision to try to get it cancelled had nothing to do with some injuries? :biglmao:
lchsalumnus Wrote:how does young equal wins? why not hire the best candidate. no matter who they get there will be a couple of these kids transfer. sadly that's the way things go these days. so go with the person who will build the program. i've ready so many comments and heard so many people trying to make cook leaving a situation where he wasn't getting paid enough. his leaving is simple. his wife is from central kentucky. mercer has potential for years to come. its a good fit for him. why must everything always be about how the administration "chased another away"? i don't understand those type of people who say that. not saying you are one of them, just ranting a bit. :argue:
I didn't mean hiring young equaled wins, just said it wouldn't surprise me if they hired young since there was some success there
ballboy Wrote:were Cook Go???? Why he leave???

Mercer County
38 degrees yeah right. lol only game this side of lexington check the khsaa website.

class act glad cook moved on to a better job, to classy to coach there