Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Cook new Mercer County Coach
Lawrence County head coach Josh Cook has resigned from Lawrence County to take the same position at Mercer County.

http://www.allkyhoops.com/2014/04/josh-c...ercer.html
Congrats to Coach Cook!
Good luck Coach Cook!
Congrats Coach Cook, Bye Bye LC Basketball Program! I see a lot of their good players leaving!
Cook does an excellent job. He is going into a good situation at Mercer County and i believe he will do a good job there as well. Congrats Coach Cook.
Very good young coach, Mercer Co has them a dandy!!!!
Welllllllllp
Who will LC's coach be?
Rumors of LC's top 7 moving to Tolsia (WV).
Hate this for the LC kids they had so much potential and could've had a lot of success.
Good hire by Mercer Co.....

Good Luck Coach Cook
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If he plays the style he's known for, that team should be tough next year and even more of a force the following year.

Looking 2 years out, he will likely compete for the 12th. Southwest, Wayne and Mercer - in no certain order.
Good Luck to him, he did an amazing job in just 2 yrs there. big blow to the LC basketball program
I hope he does great things at Mercer County.
DawgFather1 Wrote:Rumors of LC's top 7 moving to Tolsia (WV).

Funny, but I seriously do see a few of the top players moving elsewhere. How can you blame them? After all if LC can't offer enough to keep a good coach like Cook, then what are the chances they are going to get a good one to replace him. Zero to None.
Looks like He doesn't like winning and even more a possible future State Championship. Wish Him all the best and I hope Lawrence Co. brings in someone who is going to stay and actually cares about LC. I don't know if its just me but seems to me like another Luke Salmons kinda Guy.
KyRock Wrote:Looks like He doesn't like winning and even more a possible future State Championship. Wish Him all the best and I hope Lawrence Co. brings in someone who is going to stay and actually cares about LC. I don't know if its just me but seems to me like another Luke Salmons kinda Guy.

If you think that team was anywhere close to a state title contender, then I don't blame him for leaving.....
If my teaching position was on the fence next year, as it has been every year. I would leave for a guarantee as well. You don't know anything about him or Salmons situation. Administration is the root of all this, and it wont be that way much longer.
lol state championship? how about win the district first? IF thats the expectations no wonder he left. Good luck to him
Lol you know there in Belfry's district next year? Oh and they lost in the districts to Central in ot for the district title. All the starters where sophomores and I think one was a freshman.
region Wrote:If you think that team was anywhere close to a state title contender, then I don't blame him for leaving.....

cardsrule Wrote:lol state championship? how about win the district first? IF thats the expectations no wonder he left. Good luck to him

Well remember where you heard it first if these boys stay no one in the district will be even close to LC. And especially SC might want to try to win a game in a sport against us before running the hole under your nose. Getcha Bite!!!!!
KyRock Wrote:Well remember where you heard it first if these boys stay no one in the district will be even close to LC. And especially SC might want to try to win a game in a sport against us before running the hole under your nose. Getcha Bite!!!!!

Pike Central beat you last year.

They were the 3rd or 4th best team in the region last year, and while graduation will move them closer to the top, I don't know if their holes can be fixed.

I will die of laughter if Belfry and Pike Central make region next year and LC does not.....and if Phelps does, oh my.
He said that it was a family decision.
Remember, these guys aren't basketball machines who only have aspirations to win games for the team that you root for.

Please keep that in consideration when posting about coaching changes.
^^^ People always seem to forget that coaches are just like every one else, they have families and jobs to think about!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats to coach Cook on his new job. But I think I would have set on my thumb for 2 more years with Lawrence County....just saying. But I'm sure he made a family move. :Cheerlead
With the coaching turmoil lets hope and pray it doesn't affect the kids. Let's hope they can come together and decide to stay and make another run and go toward RUPP!!
region Wrote:Pike Central beat you last year.

They were the 3rd or 4th best team in the region last year, and while graduation will move them closer to the top, I don't know if their holes can be fixed.

I will die of laughter if Belfry and Pike Central make region next year and LC does not.....and if Phelps does, oh my.

Yawn
zaga_fan Wrote:He said that it was a family decision.
Remember, these guys aren't basketball machines who only have aspirations to win games for the team that you root for.

Please keep that in consideration when posting about coaching changes.

You voiced your opinion I posted mine. Not once did I say anything negative about Him or any Coach. I think He is a great coach and will do good anywhere He goes and I really hope He does. I guess unless you are from JC or Belfry no one can have an opinion. And everyone can't figure out why this Country is so messed up.
ah boys...