Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damien Harris
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whitley County has an opening.

He isn't looking for a coaching job! Geez.

Full deck Wrote:From some guys I work with in Berea factory, they say he isnt going to UK

This really disappoints me. I would LOVE to see him play for the BBN!!
catsallthetime Wrote:Just a guy who is familiar with how the recruiting game goes. I don't question this boys talent at all. Great player .What you fail to understand is the coach he has is a ex college coach and from what I understand so are several of his assistants.
They know how to promote kids and where to go and with whom to talk to get the names out. These coaches get them in front of the right people and then they (Damien) perform. This kid is at Madison Southern in Kentucky. Trust me without the coach promoting him he would not be close to this much national exposure. His coached called every college around, early. (Find out where his coach was Monday and what he was doing) What I am saying not many coaches will do that. I know several of these coaches and I know what they do. Just ask Mark Stoops.
As to Narcotics. No. Just a guy who has been around the recruiting game for 30 years and knows what it takes to get kids on the shelf. It takes proactive parents and coaches. The problems are in a lot of instances the coaches don't know how to promote or are unwilling. So my advice to you when you jump the gun and make comments like that backed with only knowledge you have gathered from fan websites and what you have heard , you stop and remember this. Nothing wrong with being ignorant to a topic. Just don't open that mouth and remove all doubts.

To be ex-college coaches, they look like they run a pee-wee offense. They're not doing him any favors ON the field. I've read bedtime stories to my little one that are more complex than their offensive playbook. They'll have good success with a kid like Harris, just not great success. They may put forth the effort to get their kid's names out and that's great. I've never disputed that. That's what EVERY coach should be doing.
UK.. makes sense, young exciting coaching staff, on the rise in the SEC in terms of recruiting, matter of time before it translates to gameday. #BBN
catsallthetime Wrote:Just a guy who is familiar with how the recruiting game goes. I don't question this boys talent at all. Great player .What you fail to understand is the coach he has is a ex college coach and from what I understand so are several of his assistants.
They know how to promote kids and where to go and with whom to talk to get the names out. These coaches get them in front of the right people and then they (Damien) perform. This kid is at Madison Southern in Kentucky. Trust me without the coach promoting him he would not be close to this much national exposure. His coached called every college around, early. (Find out where his coach was Monday and what he was doing) What I am saying not many coaches will do that. I know several of these coaches and I know what they do. Just ask Mark Stoops.
As to Narcotics. No. Just a guy who has been around the recruiting game for 30 years and knows what it takes to get kids on the shelf. It takes proactive parents and coaches. The problems are in a lot of instances the coaches don't know how to promote or are unwilling. So my advice to you when you jump the gun and make comments like that backed with only knowledge you have gathered from fan websites and what you have heard , you stop and remember this. Nothing wrong with being ignorant to a topic. Just don't open that mouth and remove all doubts.

First off, I am am parent of MS athlete, or at least was. Knowing the situation a lot better then you, so saying that first. Only coach that was in college was Coach Clark, and truth be told he was GA most of the time, with only 1 year at Idaho St being the difference. None of the other coaches have coached anywhere but HS.
As for Damien, no offense to the coaching staff at MS but a monkey, with internet and a phone could of gotten that kid recruited. So maybe you should listen to yourself some.
As. much as I want to say my kid had a great year and was the reason for the success, I'd being lying if I said that. Damien Harris was the difference and will be the difference next year.
William Muney Wrote:Different story than I heard?? Heard he was keeping lots of recruiting letters and news from him. He had a VERY vested interest in him going to UM. Once that news reached Harris he de-commited. Thus the transfer rumors kicked up in high gear.

If you have ever seen this kid play you know he does not need a coach to promote him!!!! But a coach could sure be a hindrance to him by keeping info from college coaches from him.

A lot of validity in what you said. Not really a well kept secret in Madison Co especially now.
Through all of this let us not forget he is just a kid!
Watch him PASS BLOCK at the end of the video. All the scouts said by far he was the #1 back in the country for a reason.

I saw Damien yesterday...I bet he's 210lbs., and he's still running like a deer.
FarristownFlyer Wrote:Watch him PASS BLOCK at the end of the video. All the scouts said by far he was the #1 back in the country for a reason.

The pass block at 2:42... :Thumbs: Love the intensity and competitiveness.
Honest question....

Lets say Harris was at one of the premier football schools in the state. Would we already be talking about how he might be the best ever in ky as far as RB's are concerned?
Don't get me wrong, hes getting a lot of recognition at Madison Southern, but MS is a long way from a football power.
Simply put...this kid can flat out play...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Honest question....

Lets say Harris was at one of the premier football schools in the state. Would we already be talking about how he might be the best ever in ky as far as RB's are concerned?
Don't get me wrong, hes getting a lot of recognition at Madison Southern, but MS is a long way from a football power.

He's certainly in the discussion...

Best ever? Lot of good running backs to consider. Recent memory...Shelton, Higgs, Bush, and an Alaxander guys that could play a little just to name a few. HS ratings is one thing, performance in college and NFL is ultimately how he will be judged. He's not played a game either place yet.

Should he attend Kentucky he'd certainly move to the top of my list...lol.:biggrin:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Honest question....

I don't know how he could get much more recognition than being recognized as one of the best in the nation in his class. If he were at Trinity, he probably wouldn't have the numbers he has now. What he does in college will probably determine his legacy as far as state history.
HDE Wrote:I don't know how he could get much more recognition than being recognized as one of the best in the nation in his class. If he were at Trinity, he probably wouldn't have the numbers he has now. What he does in college will probably determine his legacy as far as state history.

That's kind of what I meant though. If he were at T and were putting up those kind of numbers, which he prolly could, wouldn't he be on ESPN and stuff like that on a regular basis?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:That's kind of what I meant though. If he were at T and were putting up those kind of numbers, which he prolly could, wouldn't he be on ESPN and stuff like that on a regular basis?

I agree Gut. If this kid was in another Southern state, Tommy Luiginbill would be camped out in this kids back yard. I'm not saying that Damien isn't getting plenty of pub because he is, but we live in a basketball state. In the long run I think this will only help him, because when he gets to college and on the national seen for a year or so he is going to explode and the media will be all over him.
Heard hes going to Upike playing kicker.
I just threw up in my mouth...yuck!

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjSNZvKIAAEtyZM.jpg]
FarristownFlyer Wrote:I just threw up in my mouth...yuck!

Is that JOKER PHILLIPS??
I didn't know he went to Florida.
Jeez!
FarristownFlyer Wrote:I just threw up in my mouth...yuck!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get that crap off of him
He isn't going to uf, relax guys. He was only down there bc Coach Clark went down and Damien went with him.
papagrit Wrote:Is that JOKER PHILLIPS??
I didn't know he went to Florida.
Jeez!

Yep that's the Joke. WR coach
steelcurtain Wrote:He isn't going to uf, relax guys. He was only down there bc Coach Clark went down and Damien went with him.

Yeah that's what I was told, sounds like Coach Clark has plans post Damien...don't blame him.
I don't care where he goes to college as long as he plays next season in Kentucky, watched him 2 times this year he is amazing. I plan to watch him 2 or 3 times this year and hopefully 4 more years at UK
Does anyone know his 40 time??
Faster than ours.
Gators would make a great home for him. That ain't another place like the swamp.
Can you imagine the home games will be celebrity filled with the top coaches in the nation, and the crowds will be exciting