•  Previous
  • 8(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KHSAA Releases Realignment Numbers
Looking at 5A, assuming these teams stick...Ive bunched the teams together, not by possible districts, but by regions based on where they fall on the map.

Region 1 Possibilities

Marshall County
Graves County
Christian County

Greenwood
Bowling Green
Barren County

Owensboro
Grayson County

Region 2 Possibilities

Doss
Atherton
Fairdale
Apollo
Southern
Fern Creek
Iroquois

Bullitt Central
North Bullitt
Bullitt East
Nelson County

Region 3 Possibilities

Madison Southern
Woodford County
Anderson County
Montgomery County

Oldham County
South Oldham
Shelby County

Dixie Heights
Highlands
Covington Catholic
Grant County

Region 4 Possibilities

North Laurel
South Laurel
Southwestern
Pulaski County
Lincoln County

Perry County Central
Letcher County Central
Whitley County
Harlan County

Some things to note...

The far west has few teams.
The Lville area has a lot of teams making it hard to set districts.
NKY and Central KY have teams, but while there close together, could end up in different districts and regions.
EKY looks the same as it did before.
NKY 6A just got a lot more interesting.

Boone Cty district-
Boone
Conner
Cooper
Ryle

If they allow it-
Campbell County
Simon Kenton

With most of the schools adding feeder programs over the past few years we will see some very competitive rivalries.
When will the final classifications be released????
Pulp Fiction Wrote:When will the final classifications be released????

The khsaa is meeting in mid April to finalize this. We should know shortly after.

I'll emphasize the word "should," but that may change. Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:What about Franklin County to 4A...

What about it?? seems they are in the middle of the numbers in 4a, I think it neither hurts or helps them as far as wins and losses go.
FCSPY Wrote:What about it?? seems they are in the middle of the numbers in 4a, I think it neither hurts or helps them as far as wins and losses go.

Im sorry, I didn't know I wasn't allowed to comment on Franklin County.

My point in saying that was 4A just got another GOOD team. John Hardin and Warren Central will pick up the slack in 4A that other teams are leaving since there allowed to play in whatever class they want.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I bet PCC and LCC wish they would have stayed in 4A...

Us and everybody else wish they would have stayed. Ashland and JC are partying for sure. Got to get past district and region first hopefully. Lol Pulaski Co and Madison Southern also.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im sorry, I didn't know I wasn't allowed to comment on Franklin County.

My point in saying that was 4A just got another GOOD team. John Hardin and Warren Central will pick up the slack in 4A that other teams are leaving since there allowed to play in whatever class they want.

John Hardin moving to 4-A is a Pontiac GameChanger (Registered Trademark).

Thing is, John Hardin was predicted to drop to 4-A BEFORE the "you can move up if you wanna" option came in to play.

JH's track and cross country programs already dropped to 2-A.

JH is shrinking, especially in boys' population, and it has a lot of folks in Hardin County wondering why. It's located just off the busiest road in a 100-thousand resident county (outside of I-65) and in a area which is booming.

JH has an entire wing of the school CLOSED. Not because of issues ... but because it does NOT have the students to use it.

JH, space wise, is bigger than 6-A Central Hardin and was built to hold 1,400 kids. It's down to less than 900.
Everyone start throwing out some districts projections in every class...
cksportsfan Wrote:John Hardin moving to 4-A is a Pontiac GameChanger (Registered Trademark).

Thing is, John Hardin was predicted to drop to 4-A BEFORE the "you can move up if you wanna" option came in to play.

JH is shrinking, especially in boys' population, and it has a lot of folks in Hardin County wondering why. It's located just off the busiest road in a 100-thousand resident county (outside of I-65) and in a area which is booming.

JH has an entire wing of the school CLOSED. Not because of issues ... but because it does NOT have the students to use it.

JH, space wise, is bigger than 6-A Central Hardin and was built to hold 1,400 kids. It's down to less than 900.

That is surprising.
I haven't seen the school, but I've heard it is one of the nicest in the state. I think it was built the same time as Harlan County High School and those two have been the nicest and most modern in the state for a few years.
HDE Wrote:That is surprising.
I haven't seen the school, but I've heard it is one of the nicest in the state. I think it was built the same time as Harlan County High School and those two have been the nicest and most modern in the state for a few years.

It was built about 5-6 years before Harlan County. John Hardin has a nice school and facilities for sure, but not in the same ball park of Harlan County IMO.

..then again, I don't know if any school in our state is.

Several that are indeed close, but not as good.
Wouldnt be surprised if pikevilles district just got dissolved and the three teams placed in different districts. With Allen Central moving up and Phelps not knowing year to year if they have a team. South floyd and Pikeville might just find different district homes. Where is the question that i dont know.
I wonder if teams still have time to change there minds. For example, im sure nothing is set in stone, so could schools decide to change again if they wanted?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im sorry, I didn't know I wasn't allowed to comment on Franklin County.

:please: man relax I was asking for your opinion on them moving, and what you were trying to prove.....sensitive:Cheerlead
cksportsfan Wrote:John Hardin moving to 4-A is a Pontiac GameChanger (Registered Trademark).

Hardin Co. has many high-schools and the talent is spread out throughout the county. It is hard to maintain when competing with so many schools.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I wonder if teams still have time to change there minds. For example, im sure nothing is set in stone, so could schools decide to change again if they wanted?

I doubt it.
They have to get the classes set to do the realignment. You'd have to do the whole thing over if someone moved, because then another team would have to move to replace them.
HDE Wrote:I doubt it.
They have to get the classes set to do the realignment. You'd have to do the whole thing over if someone moved, because then another team would have to move to replace them.

True, but they do have over a year before they need anything really set in stone. Im just wondering if request are still open or can be cancelled.
List of schools moving from 4A to 5A

Highlands (454.75)
Nelson County (455.25)
Perry County Central (486.5)
Letcher County Central (492)
Covington Catholic (522.25)
Shelby County (508.25)

With these schools moving up to 5A (Covington and Highlands) some 3A schools like Bell, Central, and Lexington Cath (to name a few) will consider moving to 4A
Objective Wrote:List of schools moving from 4A to 5A

Highlands (454.75)
Nelson County (455.25)
Perry County Central (486.5)
Letcher County Central (492)
Covington Catholic (522.25)
Shelby County (508.25)

With these schools moving up to 5A (Covington and Highlands) some 3A schools like Bell, Central, and Lexington Cath (to name a few) will consider moving to 4A

The only one who may be able to make a legit argument would be Bell County.

Central and LexCath will both have plenty of teams close by from a travel standpoint.

Bell is the only team who has a travel hardship argument as their closest competition would be McCreary Central and Corbin... Bell is looking at a decent trip essentially for any playoff travel. Even then that is a stretch and would solely wreak of teams looking to avoid competition.

Truth be told the way 3A is currently aligned the only teams who would truly be in their best interest to move up to 4A would be Pendleton County and maybe Western Hills. Pendleton literally is an outlier geographically and Western Hills just would simply fit better geographically in another class.
Bell will be in the East this time. Anyone who can read a map can see that. I would however like to see them moving to 4A but it will not happen. 4A is wide open in the East.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The only one who may be able to make a legit argument would be Bell County.

Central and LexCath will both have plenty of teams close by from a travel standpoint.

Bell is the only team who has a travel hardship argument as their closest competition would be McCreary Central and Corbin... Bell is looking at a decent trip essentially for any playoff travel. Even then that is a stretch and would solely wreak of teams looking to avoid competition.

Truth be told the way 3A is currently aligned the only teams who would truly be in their best interest to move up to 4A would be Pendleton County and maybe Western Hills. Pendleton literally is an outlier geographically and Western Hills just would simply fit better geographically in another class.

This is a great point about travel hardship but schools will look at a loaded 3A and the exodus in 4A and think about the move regardless of close games to play.

Schools can go up without having to meet any criteria correct ?

This would be smart for Bell I agree .......Think about a 4A Knox Central, Bell Co, Clay Co, and Rockcastle district
If you haven't already requested a move, I don't see how the KHSAA would allow it now. That would go on forever. One team moves to improve its situation, then someone else would want to move in response.
PLAYING UP TO A HIGHER CLASS

Schools will be given the voluntary option to play up into a higher classification. If this is desired by the school, it must be indicated by using the link at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PlayingUpSurvey20152018 and completing the form by the close of business on Friday, February 21, 2014.
It's was a good thought til HDE rained on my parade Good info thanks 3A AND 5A are gonna be tough
I think Bell should have tried to move up to 4A. They could have been in a district with Knox, Clay, and Rock.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think Bell should have tried to move up to 4A. They could have been in a district with Knox, Clay, and Rock.

That would have been too easy.:biglmao:

In reality that district would be tougher than the 1 Bell will likely land in (Corbin, Jackson, McCreary and ????). But the 3A region, Semi state and entire class will be much stronger than 4A.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:NKY 6A just got a lot more interesting.

Boone Cty district-
Boone
Conner
Cooper
Ryle

If they allow it-
Campbell County
Simon Kenton

With most of the schools adding feeder programs over the past few years we will see some very competitive rivalries.

wonder why Cooper and Conner choose to move up to 6A? Can't be travel because if they stay in 4A, they would have Cov Cath and Highlands which is close. Are they trying to get away from those two? Now they have X and T among others to deal with, just as tough if not tougher except you would meet in later rounds of playoffs. Not sure what the advantage is of moving up to 6A for them.
William Muney Wrote:That would have been too easy.:biglmao:

In reality that district would be tougher than the 1 Bell will likely land in (Corbin, Jackson, McCreary and ????). But the 3A region, Semi state and entire class will be much stronger than 4A.

If I were a Bell fan id much rather have Knox as my district rival than Corbin. Im not saying Corbin is better than Knox, but Corbin and Bell has lost its muster. Its not what it use to be.
Now Knox and Bell is always fun. You hate each other.
where is Louisville Central?
West Carter and Bath County will be in 3A district 5.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)