•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro job open!!
Someone do a public records request. The school will have to provide the names.
1. Zach Massengill
2. John Luttrell
3. Adam Turner
true hater Wrote:I heard Mike Holcomb was intersted. Coming from a very reliable source.

I have heard the same thing. He may have sent letter of interest. I heard that they are a lot of good coaches that have.
true hater Wrote:I heard Mike Holcomb was intersted. Coming from a very reliable source.

I doubt Mike is interested. Although he has an apartment in Whitesburg, I don't think he would move from Jackson.
Heard from a reliable source today that Cole Frazier will be wearing BLUE next year.
Captain Jack Wrote:Heard from a reliable source today that Cole Frazier will be wearing BLUE next year.
That would not surprise me at all I know they have contacted several staffs in the area about open positions. I know of a couple that was or are trying to work out something but I believe he only has a P E degree. That will make it hard to get a teaching job.
Captain Jack Wrote:Heard from a reliable source today that Cole Frazier will be wearing BLUE next year.

Not so fast....Coach Frazier has more than PE and I know of one school that is trying to work something out. That blue may be darker with gold trim.
From Sounds of the locals in Knox Co. they need to worry about finding a b-ball coach and AD.

Coach Frazier would be a good addition, they need all the help coaching they can get.

That won't happen. He is too serious a baseball player to make that change.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:That won't happen. He is too serious a baseball player to make that change.

Really? Which sport do you forsee his college future in? I have no idea but from everyone I have talked too says football is his best sport down the road.

They had interviews yesterday. From the sounds of it they where all very short. Sounds like they have already made the decsion before the interviews.
Zach Massengal or Adam Turner?
Zach of course if he still wants it. I am sure he is not too excited to take over under the current circumstances.
Cole will be in a Yellow Jacket uniform next year. I have talked to him and his dad both and they have no intention on leaving with 1 year left
TrueDawg Wrote:Zach of course if he still wants it. I am sure he is not too excited to take over under the current circumstances.

I'm not sure it is bad circumstances at all for him. His hometown wants him to be the next coach of his alma mater who just so happen to be returning a ton of talent.

If there is anyone in this situation who is in a good spot, it would be him, assuming he is the choice.
The next 3-4 years after this year will be the problem. An idiot should win with the team coming up.
TrueDawg Wrote:Really? Which sport do you forsee his college future in? I have no idea but from everyone I have talked too says football is his best sport down the road.

They had interviews yesterday. From the sounds of it they where all very short. Sounds like they have already made the decsion before the interviews.

He is a solid football player but is not near fast enough to play collegiate linebacker. That could change though.

He is a great catcher with plus power. If he can stay healthy, he is ready to play collegiate catcher now.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:He is a solid football player but is not near fast enough to play collegiate linebacker. That could change though.

He is a great catcher with plus power. If he can stay healthy, he is ready to play collegiate catcher now.

Maybe that is why I asked. Not a baseball person. :igiveup:

We will see, only time will tell.
We'll just have to wait and see. If I were betting I'd say he's gone from the Boro...1 year left or not. I'm sure many people who know Zack and his family are happy that he's coming home; however, Frazier had a lot of support in Middlesboro, just obviously not the right kind. I'd like to see Cole successful wherever he goes. He's been hurt the most from all of this and I wish him the best of luck.
Cole is a great kid and good football player. He grew up playing with the kids from Bell when his dad was coaching on log mountain. It would be a homecoming of sorts. Sure would be nice to see him finish his career playing for the Bobcats.
Rumor has it that Massingill was hired on Friday. Can anybody confirm?
They wasted time and money with interviews , much like when they paid BIG money for the nation wide search company for super, and hired Martin. They wasted time and little money to hire Massengale. They will wait till end of week like someone said on here so it gives them time to politic. MHS Parent , if Massengale does not have some feeling about what has happened there and the way he gets this job, then he better hope Martin stays super for a long time. I do think Zach is a good guy and I think he is concerned somewhat with that. Bottom line here, he better beat us, if not Martin and Massengale will feel the the pressure. IMO They will not beat us, with all the loses they have on that team and staff. Go Bobcats.
luvspugs Wrote:Rumor has it that Massingill was hired on Friday. Can anybody confirm?

Sounds like the Martin is trying to keep it quit. Wonder why the interviews were so short?????? Anybody want to guess?
WhyLie Wrote:They wasted time and money with interviews , much like when they paid BIG money for the nation wide search company for super, and hired Martin. They wasted time and little money to hire Massengale. They will wait till end of week like someone said on here so it gives them time to politic. MHS Parent , if Massengale does not have some feeling about what has happened there and the way he gets this job, then he better hope Martin stays super for a long time. I do think Zach is a good guy and I think he is concerned somewhat with that. Bottom line here, he better beat us, if not Martin and Massengale will feel the the pressure. IMO They will not beat us, with all the loses they have on that team and staff. Go Bobcats.

You are correct in all but one thing. Massengale was hired Friday, everything was a waste of time. Massengale accepted this job before Frazier was fired, just found that out. That is why Steve Martin waited so long, he was waiting on him to accept. Not so sure how straight up that is, many will have different views. We will have lost 7 starters that played against you on Log Mountain, however we will still win in 2014. Go JACKETS. It is all about the kids now.
I wouldn't be so confident about the Jackets in 2014. With all the losses and having to learn new offenses and defenses, the Jackets just might struggle. What a shame. Martin will be responsible for this program struggling AGAIN.
There is only 3 or 4 Steve Martin haters on this page from Middlesboro. If you haven't noticed, the majority does not feel quite as passionately about this as a few others on here.

I would like to heed some advice for some people on BGR. Sometimes the people who are talking the loudest does not necessarily mean it is the will of all the people.

The people here many not believe it, but I understand the politics of what is going on. I am not stupid or blind. But guys, why can people not accept that it happens sometimes.

In the long run I may not agree with everything that happens in Middlesboro, however that does not mean I change all loyalties. I am a Yellow Jacket before anything else. Middlesboro High School is what matters most to me. Not what coaches were rightly or wrongly hired or fired. So if you are a MHS fan maybe you should come around the school every once in a while and see all the great things that go on there, and support the school for what it is doing. Its time to quit dwelling on Coach Frazier losing his job and start accepting what happened.
I have no dog in the fight and I like both Mboro and Bell but it seems to me like it is mostly Bell fans on here dogging the super's decision. I will say this, when Coach Frazier was at Cumberland he never worked hard to make our team reach our potential. We had several D-! players and couldn't even win the region in class A. I am not going to go into all the details but I guess what I am saying is maybe the Super see's what we saw in the early 90's. But again, I have no dog in the fight and I like coach as a person and maybe he has changed since then. Coaches learn each and every year. I do want to say good luck to coach in whatever he decides to do.
Seeing as a few on this thread seem to have so much "inside" information, one would think they might know the guy's name: It is Massengill, NOT Massengale.

Again, any insinuation that Zach had anything to do with Frazier's ouster is not just speculation, it is malicious and unfounded. If you have some sort of proof, let's see it. Otherwise, stop trying to smear the guy (who may or may not take the job) before he even gets a shot at the top spot.

I am not interested in what someone's cousin heard down at Hootchie's Dollar Store.
Everything you have posted has Paul has been like someone that didn't get to play. This is a football forum not a great thing about the school forum. Middlesborto deserves everything they will get. I just hate it for the kids. What was done here was wrong, you need to accept it. Peoples lives were effected in a tremendous way, so that a friends son could coach. Not only Frazier, but Chappells family as well, as for Martin he has maybe 10 supports in Middlesboro, the rest are scared and yes men. I have lived in this county for 50 plus years and have yet to find more than that.
teampaul Wrote:There is only 3 or 4 Steve Martin haters on this page from Middlesboro. If you haven't noticed, the majority does not feel quite as passionately about this as a few others on here.

I would like to heed some advice for some people on BGR. Sometimes the people who are talking the loudest does not necessarily mean it is the will of all the people.

The people here many not believe it, but I understand the politics of what is going on. I am not stupid or blind. But guys, why can people not accept that it happens sometimes.

In the long run I may not agree with everything that happens in Middlesboro, however that does not mean I change all loyalties. I am a Yellow Jacket before anything else. Middlesboro High School is what matters most to me. Not what coaches were rightly or wrongly hired or fired. So if you are a MHS fan maybe you should come around the school every once in a while and see all the great things that go on there, and support the school for what it is doing. Its time to quit dwelling on Coach Frazier losing his job and start accepting what happened.
I don't recall anyone on here calling you stupid or blind. This POLITICAL decision has affected the lives of some very good people and it is disheartening. You have a right to your opinion as do I. This is a website pertaining to sports so I'm going to stick to that topic. Therefore, I do not feel the need to walk around the schools of Middlesboro. This is predictions on what the Jackets will be like in 2014 and with all of the turmoil behind how Frazier was let go and Massengill being hired, along with injuries and lack of kids in the weight room, I think it's a fair assessment to say that the program may not meet the expectations. As for Frazier, I think what he did with the program in 4 years speaks for itself. Again, I wish Coach Frazier and his son the best of luck. Personally, you're welcome back at Bell anytime. :igiveup:
teampaul Wrote:There is only 3 or 4 Steve Martin haters on this page from Middlesboro. If you haven't noticed, the majority does not feel quite as passionately about this as a few others on here.

One more thing... After thinking about your post, you are probably right. It is time to move on and hopefully Frazier will do the same and get out of Middlesboro.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next