•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro job open!!
William Muney Wrote:No they are not. Middlesboro is classified as a focus school. ACT scores is just 1 small piece of the puzzle of school achivement and does not reflect the entire district.

M'boro was 50 22nd percentile

Bell Co. was 57 60th percentile

Whitley was 61 86th percentile (which is excellent)

Corbin was 67 98th percentile (Corbin is highest in region)

Middlesboro isn't even close. In anything except for baseball.
William Muney Wrote:No they are not. Middlesboro is classified as a focus school. ACT scores is just 1 small piece of the puzzle of school achivement and does not reflect the entire district.

M'boro was 50 22nd percentile

Bell Co. was 57 60th percentile

Whitley was 61 86th percentile (which is excellent)

Corbin was 67 98th percentile (Corbin is highest in region)

No. You're incorrect.

Middlesboro Independent as a school district is a focus district but Middlesboro High School is not a focus school. They are a progressing school, just like Bell County High School.

Taking all factors into account, Bell County high school scored a 67% percentile last year compared to Middlesboro High School's 62%. The year before that however, Bell County scored a 29% compared to MHS's 67%.

Bell's average ACT last year was 18.4.
MHS's was 17.9.

Whitley County did have great scores last year but the year before that, even they were below Middlesboro at 34%.
Those are all numbers for Ky Dept of Education. So they are wrong???

I was talking about the entire district, the HS is not the only thing that counts.
Steve Martin sure is making a name for himself. I don't care what "committee" he's put together. The job has already been filled, interviews or no interviews. He's just like scotch tape.. Transparent.
Sounds like a mess in the Boro. I have heard the principal knows nothing and I mean nothing about football. Tell me you are kidding about a 70 year old woman being on the committee. What is wrong with the board members in Middlesboro? Are they idiots?
I really wish I was kidding, but no. Great Lady but..........They are all hand picked for a reason. I am all Yellow Jacket, this makes us all look even worse, and I did not think that could happen.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:No. You're incorrect.

Middlesboro Independent as a school district is a focus district but Middlesboro High School is not a focus school. They are a progressing school, just like Bell County High School.

Taking all factors into account, Bell County high school scored a 67% percentile last year compared to Middlesboro High School's 62%. The year before that however, Bell County scored a 29% compared to MHS's 67%.

Bell's average ACT last year was 18.4.
MHS's was 17.9.

Whitley County did have great scores last year but the year before that, even they were below Middlesboro at 34%

Prove it. I may be wrong, but Whitley has been on pace to catch Corbin over the past 5 years I believe, meaning there school would have been much higher than that.
watcher Wrote:Sounds like a mess in the Boro. I have heard the principal knows nothing and I mean nothing about football. Tell me you are kidding about a 70 year old woman being on the committee. What is wrong with the board members in Middlesboro? Are they idiots?

That should tell you that the decision has already been made on the football coach.
My point was Bell Co people slamming Middlesboro and test scores are very similar and Superintendents are a lot a like!!!!
I found out last night the 70 year old woman on the committee is actually true. Sorry I didn't believe you all. I also heard the principal is worse than I thought about knowing anything about football. I just can't believe the boro has fallen this far in less than a year. In my district people would be all over the board members. Do they have 70 year old women on the board too?
I think Frazier should apply for the job. After all, there is an UNBIASED COMMITTEE that will be conducting the interviews for the position, and Martin has " completely removed" himself from the process...LMAO...so, Frazier could be rehired. After all, he has PROVEN he is a winning coach and would do Middlesboro proud!
luvspugs Wrote:I think Frazier should apply for the job. After all, there is an UNBIASED COMMITTEE that will be conducting the interviews for the position, and Martin has " completely removed" himself from the process...LMAO...so, Frazier could be rehired. After all, he has PROVEN he is a winning coach and would do Middlesboro proud!

After being fired by Steve Martin i wouldnt have that job back or the AD job , Middlesboro has showed they have know class and talking about board member haven't heard one say anything about the way Martin has done the kids in the football program for reason of his own self interest and that would be hiring his best friend son as a coach. But the Middlesboro school system will not proper under his self interest leadership. When teacher are afraid to say what they think because of losing their jobs that is what Middlesboro has come under his administration good work board members you deserve him but the kids don't.
Heard today that the AD was removed from the committee or removed himself. Is this true? If so, WHY? Nothing makes sense here anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HI HITLER :notworthy
Does anyone know when the interviews are being held? Will they have THE coach by spring practice?
Interviews start this week. Some really good coaches have applied. Do not want to put names on here. Very interesting to see if they get looked over for the hometown guy. We will see if the interest is in the kids or in friends and family.
That question has already been answered several times!!!!
All smoke and mirrors unless the family friend drops out. Which if he is smart he will. No win situation for him.
Middlesboro hasn't been accused of making good decisions in a long time now. Confusednicker: Its much different than when I was young they dominated at football and had some region championships in basketball!
Heard from a reliable source today that spring practice isn't until May and that very few players are lifting.
The way this has gone I look for the super to make an announcement the Friday before spring break. Gives him a week with everyone gone, so that he can ease him in with the committee hired him. Some very good coaches have been turned away with no interview this week. Simply unbelievable.
John Luttrell
Zach Massengal
Jacob Saylor
wow, sounds about right.
redstorm Wrote:John Luttrell
Zach Massengal
Jacob Saylor

People should see the list that applied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who are some of the coaches? If this is the interview list, then the super has exactly what he wants. Was there ever a question as to he was going to hire?
FlippedOut Wrote:People should see the list that applied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well . . . may the best man win, lol.

Randy Frazier is the classiest man in America.
I'm just guessing on those names.
Ron Edwards will be next HC
Smile
I think that it is a done deal. JMO But who knows.
I heard Mike Holcomb was intersted. Coming from a very reliable source.
Once he checks into circumstances he will laugh and walk away.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next