Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic 56 Holmes 51 (9th Region Championship)
I think that's what the final score ended up being.

CovCath was in control the entire first half and a lot of the second half, but they started pulling up for threes when they were running with the ball instead of taking it to the basket, which is fine when they're hitting them, but they weren't and they only needed twos to close Holmes out. Then they slowed it down at the end and Bolden caught fire in the fourth quarter after only scoring three in the first half.

CovCath struggled with free throws at the end and it almost cost them the game.

CovCath should be a force at Rupp.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Two very good and well coached teams it's a shame they both can't make it to Rupp.

Covington Catholic should have some success in the Sweet 16 and for anyone who hasn't seen them that'll be down there you are in for a treat.
before I talk about the game, whose idea was it to have pyrotechnics? that was way over the top, no need for that crap.

I vote that we just make CovCath and Holmes play each other in the regional final every year. great crowd, awesome atmosphere, lots of intensity from both teams.

congrats to the colonels, they've been waiting awhile for this one

as for holmes, many will say they have nothing to hang their heads about, but with the talent and depth they had, that coaching staff has to be wondering what happened this season.
Congrats CovCath
toussaints Wrote:before I talk about the game, whose idea was it to have pyrotechnics? that was way over the top, no need for that crap.

I vote that we just make CovCath and Holmes play each other in the regional final every year. great crowd, awesome atmosphere, lots of intensity from both teams.

congrats to the colonels, they've been waiting awhile for this one

as for holmes, many will say they have nothing to hang their heads about, but with the talent and depth they had, that coaching staff has to be wondering what happened this season.

really? why not let the kids have some fun and excitment. I had several kids mention that before the game. Nothing wrong with letting kids have a good time.
I don't mind fireworks, but a flamethrower making it 10 degrees warmer and raising the humidity is a bit much.
And the best Student Section in the State will make its way to Rupp.
Didn't raise it by even a little. Stay home and listen on the radio next time.