Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
top ten middle school players
Thanks!!

Must have been a Floyd County Board rule or "the fool" didn't have a clue what they were talking about. Either way- I'm sure you are correct- an AD would certainly have checked that out thoroughly. Or at least I hope they would. I watched Stewart Stamper play on TV the other night. Looked like he had a nice shot. I can't remember if the Spencer kid played or not. Of course I didn't watch the entire game. Looks like KCC has some bright young talent on the horizon.
"CaptianAmericia" Wrote:Tate Cox Arkansas Brewer Dakota Euton Elisha Justice Ashley Hatfield Taylor Newsome Tony Kimbro Marquis Estill Civals and Flannery.

Dakota Euton and Austin Flannery play for the two time defending AAU Division 1 State Champion KY Patriots. Euton is a hold back but Flannery is still 13
crowder boys, chad nelson, justin jackson from aclogan bartrum from beaver elm. desmond watts is ok bball player but is a lot better football player
Logan Crowder
Hunter Crowder
Chad Nelson
JustinJackson
Desmond Watts
Tate Cox
Chris Stumbo
Cory Conn
Austin MCkinney
Michael Burchett
Jeremy Stacy
Nathon Dillon
Cody Parker (7th)
Since I've noticed that most players in this thread that were mentioned are hold backs, I'd just like to say I find it weak for people that hold their children back for the purpose of sports. It's not hard to look like a great athlete if you're supposed to be a sophomore or junior in HS but you're playing against true 8th graders... wow the talent it must take.

Also, I don't find it right how it affects the athletes at the schools that weren't held back. Just because they're a couple years younger than hold backs and physically less developed doesn't mean they should get screwed out of their chance to enjoy school athletics to the fullest.

In all honesty, why hold a kid back around here? So they can go on to play college sports or go pro, chances of that are slim and none. It's laughable, a lot of hold backs I've seen are just dropping out of sports because they get bored. Not to mention, these days some parents are holding kids back that if they weren't held back, they wouldn't even make the team.
Here's my list: could not just list 10 (This is across the state)
Dakotah Euton, Rose Hill (Ashland), hold back
Chad Jackson, Rose Hill (Ashland), hold back
Tate Cox, June Buchanan (Knott Co.), hold back
Elisha Justice, Dorton (Pike Co.), hold back
Andy Earls, Ockerman (Boone Co.), hold back
Austin Flannery, Ockerman (Boone Co.), true 8th grader
Arkansas Brewer, Newport, hold back
Shaquil Wilson, Hopkinsville, hold back
Jamie Lebanion, Whitley Co, true 8th grader
??? Watts, McCreary Co, hold back
Taylor Newsome, Virgie (Pike Co.), hold back
Ashley Hatfield, Virgie (Pike Co.), hold back
Ryan Popp, Ockerman (Florence), true 8th grader
Josh Sewell, Kammer Middle (Louisville), true 8th grader
Wesley Cox (Louisville), hold back
Aaron Cosby (Louisville), true 8th grader
???Johnson??, Grayson Co. hold back (not sure of his name)
THAT is a great list eky. i would agree across the state their is none better than thoes mentioned.
ekybballfan-- you've definitely watched middle school ball all across the state. You have commented that 5 of the 17 are not holdbacks. What do you consider a holdback?

A) A player who has repeated an upper level grade for what appears to be athletic purposes

B) A player who has repeated a grade at any level (k-8) for academic purposes

C) A player who because of a late birthday (ie... turns 5 in September) does not go school the first year they are eligble.
remember this name CODY Parker hes in the 7th grade at JCMs. He's about 6'2 and can flat out play
"WOW" Wrote:ekybballfan-- you've definitely watched middle school ball all across the state. You have commented that 5 of the 17 are not holdbacks. What do you consider a holdback?

A) A player who has repeated an upper level grade for what appears to be athletic purposes

B) A player who has repeated a grade at any level (k-8) for academic purposes

C) A player who because of a late birthday (ie... turns 5 in September) does not go school the first year they are eligble.

Any player that is older than they are supposed to be to play in their proper age group or grade level per AAU guidelines. A player that would be considered an age exception under AAU guidelines.

Basically the hold backs should really be one grade higher than they really are due to their age. Usually these players are at least one year older than the non-hold backs. It could be less or more depending on their birth date.
Eli Justice -Dorton
Ashley Hatfield- Virgie
Taylor Newsome- Virgie

These kids are the best kids I have ever seen at this level since Heff Conley!
Pburg's Austin McKinney is a good player but he's out for the rest of the season (ankle injury) also a grat football player.
Nathan Dillon-JC
Chris Hill-JC
Ellijiah Justice-Dorton
Ashley Hatfield-Virgie
Tanner Bratton-JC 7th
Cody Parker-JC 7th
3 are Ashley Hatfield, Taylor Newsome, and Elisha Justice! there goood!
Burchett is better than Mckinney and adams is playin is playing better without him actually. I dont know what it is that jumpstarted this adams team but w/e it is is working.
i agree that burchett is better than McKinney but sometimes he tries to do to much instead of sticking to his role on the team.
Agreed but when he is on hes real good.
Joel Baldwin-Louisa Middle school. Remember that name.
Logan Crowder -ac 13 Hunter Crowder-ac 13 Not Hold Backs And Two Of The Best At Any Sport They Play.
"dontaskdonttell" Wrote:Logan Crowder -ac 13 Hunter Crowder-ac 13 Not Hold Backs And Two Of The Best At Any Sport They Play.
SHOULD ALSO ADD: ASHLEY HATFIELD & LOGAN BARTRUM
I beleive an earlier post lists Ashley Hatfield as a holdback.
I agree Logan Bartrum is a solid player and will be good once he matures
Logan Bartrum true player
Hatfield and Justice. If these two get the chance to play together in High school that would be great team and could bring havoc over the region for 4 years to come.
Shane Slone- Hazard
Well i think that all of these players are good. Also they are probly all in Floyd county because i'm really not familar with other county players.
Desmond Watts-sf
Andrew Vance-sf
Shannon Turner-sf
Tommy Joe Hall-sf
Logan Crowder-ac
Hunter Crowder-ac
Justin Jackson-ac
Chad Nelson-ac
Nathan Martin-bl
Dylan Maldonado-bl
[quote author=golfman42 link=topic=16454.msg179850#msg179850 date=1139799885]
Shane Slone- Hazard
[/quote]

Let's see where has Shane tried to play?????  Garrett Christian Academy, Carr Creek Elementary, June Buchanan and now Hazard??  Hasn't this all been in the last year?????????????  Where next???????  Knott Central, Riverside or Perry Central?????????????
Taylor Newsome and Cody Varney are not holdbacks. This I no for a fact. Their parents may have started them a yr later but they have not been held back in school
Dylan Maldonado is a hold back but he is in his right grade now and is only 13... and to say that he is not that good u got to be kidding me his team was the floyd co. conf. champs and he is the point guard and thats suppose to be ur leader right, he did what it took whether it was him scoring 20 or having 5+ assists, 5+ rbs. or comin up the with the big play for his team, i've always known u will go as far as your PG takes you.