Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ozz Jackson of Letcher Co Central to retire!
Didn't know which thread to put this in so this one is good as any. Was told by three coaches and one assistant principle that he would retire in April? Thanks Ozz for giving Letcher Co great memories. Enjoy your retirement! On that note who would fill the shoes of Ozz as the new Athletic Director of Letcher Co Central? Mike Holcomb , Mike Melton, or Manis Blair? Any other new names out there?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
My vote OrangenowBlue!
1-3-1-press Wrote:My vote OrangenowBlue!

Thanks but I am not a school employee.
What do ya think Orange, who would you like to see?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

How will Letcher get there KHSAA favoritism now? Confusednicker:

That was sarcasm BTW.
Understood...you see what our favoritism has gotten us. N O T H I N G!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Playing by the rules. Spirit and intent is clearly followed. An athlete must be a student first before talking to them.

Ozz will be missed by all. You always know where you stand with him.

An AD has to been involved with all sports and it is very time consuming at LCC. Our sports program has developed under the tutelage of a great sports person. We have faculty members who not only coach fundamentals but coach life skills.

Thanks Ozz for what you have done for our children and community.
UKisN1 Wrote:Playing by the rules. Spirit and intent is clearly followed. An athlete must be a student first before talking to them.

Ozz will be missed by all. You always know where you stand with him.

An AD has to been involved with all sports and it is very time consuming at LCC. Our sports program has developed under the tutelage of a great sports person. We have faculty members who not only coach fundamentals but coach life skills.

Thanks Ozz for what you have done for our children and community.

I have met Ozz a several of time an he is MR.AD in my books..64SUR :worthy:
Much love, to Arthur "Ozz" Jackson.He was my freshmen football coach at Whitesburg High School, but most of all a true friend. Enjoy your retirement my good friend!!!
I served on the BOC with Oz. Never saw him ask for any favoritism towards LCC. Oz was one of the classiest people I worked with on the BOC. Consumate gentleman. Whether it was an LCC kid or the kid of another school, Oz always wanted to give the kid the benefit of any doubt (which is the way it should be in my opinion). All the best to him in his retirement.
Other than Boys Soccer, Boys basketball, and football all other sports have competed at state competition under Jackson. We had a individual state champ, a state runner up in track, and have send a lot of kids to college.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

About time he retires.. How many years has he worked Whitesburg/LCC? My guess is 40+ years.
SPORTS FAN 101 Wrote:About time he retires.. How many years has he worked Whitesburg/LCC? My guess is 40+ years.
Early Seventies when he was my freshmen coach and teacher. 1972 I believe, to long ago to even think about.LOL
Frankly I am going to miss him, but I really don't care who they get as long as kids come first and politics take a real long back seat. It has to be about the kids, and the school system needs to let the principle and SBDM take care of school. No more run a rounds! I also want the new AD to work and get us our track field we so desperately need.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!