Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Coach at Garrard?
Hatz Wrote:If Perry goes to GC, can you not say this might have been the best "win-win-win-win" coaching transfers ever among four teams?

Southwestern, Boyle, Madison Central, and Garrard County all get great coaches.

True and will make for an interesting season for all.....
My source says that there will be people at the Grand Theater in Lancaster and they will be there for an announcement. My source also said that people may already be camped out waiting for this monumental event....No word on the popcorn yet...

Stay tuned...
old_school_hero Wrote:My source says that there will be people at the Grand Theater in Lancaster and they will be there for an announcement. My source also said that people may already be camped out waiting for this monumental event....No word on the popcorn yet...

Stay tuned...

Would be a great place for an introduction!!!! Not sure, but you may have
to bring your own popcorn......
I know a guy named Jerry Perry and when I told him what my source said, he told me that he had no idea what I am talking about. Now, granted this Jerry Perry I know is about 75 years old and lives in eastern Kentucky. Not to mention I am not entirely sure he even likes football. None the less when i told him about the announcement at the Grand Theater, he told me he would be at the VFW playing bingo....then he told me that he'd probably show up if they were going to show Smokey And The Bandit....
Done deal and I expect his son to follow him.
jw4914 Wrote:No,,, the biggest question is who gets the job... If it is Perry, then everyone
can speculate about his son.... Knowing Perry,, he will leave it up to Jerred.

As for assistants,,, he will probably bring some in, but I also think that he takes a
look at a couple already at Garrard. Owens (AD) and Baierlein (asst. Mercer). Those
two would be quality add-ons to any staff...

No....the biggest question is does his son come with him and who his assistants will be......
There is no doubt his son will be going with him.
Hearing his brother Eric is going with him
Where is Eric now? He still in Harlan? I know he was the HC at Cawood before the Harlan Co merger....He with Harlan IND or county now?
Can't wait for things get rolling.... I'm ready for some football!!!!
Eric is at Harlan Ind. The word down here he is headed to garrard with Jerry but I have not heard it first hand from him
JerryGarcia Wrote:Eric is at Harlan Ind. The word down here he is headed to garrard with Jerry but I have not heard it first hand from him

Im sure this is just wishful thinking by these 2 brothers. Its been a long time since they were on the same sideline.
Jeepers, the suspense is killing me! Who did Garrard hire as their new head coach? I know the community was very tight lipped and nobody had any clue who the next coach was gonna be. I was too busy doing burnouts in my Trans Am out in front of the Grand and lost track of time and didn't make it inside for the big unveiling...
So, is Lancaster going to change it's name to Perryville East?
Good luck to the new coach.
Good luck to the new coach