Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 59 Pineville 57
Another barn burner...Go north
Stuff like this makes this region even harder to read. They play Jackson to the wire and lose but barely beat Pineville? Did somebody not play? Is this an effect of back-to-back games?
Sometimes young teams play to there competition.
North Laurel may have been looking ahead to Clay County.
Just a little mind boggling. It was probably a combination of playing last night against Jackson as well as looking to Clay.
Just an off night for the most part. Broughton had 24 points and 12 boards, he was the only Jaguar in double figures for the game. Better play better tomorrow or we will get destroyed!
I've got to cut them a little slack on this one. Classic trap game. You had played South on Friday, Jackson on Saturday and will go to Clay on Tuesday, then host Corbin on Thursday. That's your four biggest rivals in six days, and you throw in a game with Pineville? No way to get up for it. Pineville also got hot from three-point land, the great equalizer in basketball. It did show up Norths biggest weakness though, IMO, in that we do a really poor job identifying and then guarding the other teams three-point shooters.
I agree with insideinfo. The Jaguars are still finding their way. They are a very dangerous team, though. I'm excited to see how the game tonight turns out.
Pineville to me is a dangerous draw for the district tournament. They have two pretty good forwards and a PG wit he experience. I would not judge them on that Clay Co. score. When Clay Co. comes to play, they can beat a lot of people that bad in the 13th.
Mountain Wrote:Pineville to me is a dangerous draw for the district tournament. They have two pretty good forwards and a PG wit he experience. I would not judge them on that Clay Co. score. When Clay Co. comes to play, they can beat a lot of people that bad in the 13th.

I agree, McDaniel is just now gettin rid of the golf rust and the "super sophs" are finding their roles. the Pineville game may have been a preview of whats to come in the next few weeks from this CC group. Marcum is figuring out the right buttons at the right time once again it appears.:Clap: