•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro job open!!
Wow what a total shocker!!! I really thought he had done a great job with the program. There has to be some something else to this. You just don't dismiss a coach that had a good year for no good reason.

Maybe someone that's in the know can shed some light on this.
What the hell is this all about?
I am sad to hear about Coach Frazier. He did a great job while he was here. He did a pretty good job bringing back the program however this was not that unexpected as I had said before in threads about this. Many around Middlesboro and the programs thought that he was a product of success, winning with a team built to win. They underachieved.

Frazier is best suited for an assistant coaching job. Great football knowledge but sometimes lacks the attention to detail required to go from good to great. Regardless of this he is a great guy and hope he won't leave the school.
Really?
teampaul Wrote:I am sad to hear about Coach Frazier. He did a great job while he was here. He did a pretty good job bringing back the program however this was not that unexpected as I had said before in threads about this. Many around Middlesboro and the programs thought that he was a product of success, winning with a team built to win. They underachieved.

Frazier is best suited for an assistant coaching job. Great football knowledge but sometimes lacks the attention to detail required to go from good to great. Regardless of this he is a great guy and hope he won't leave the school.

Thanks for your insights. Given Jacket program's history/tradition, I'll be interested to see which detail-oriented overachiever they choose to hire.
I sure hope Middlesboro has a huge name to replace him. Like I said in earlier post I have lost all respect for the current leadership. What a joke!
Good luck with that. Lots of coaches want to work at a place where winning wont even save your job.
I agree so strongly with teampaul. Frazier isn't a head coach and the only way for you to know that is to be around the program.
Gitback Coach Wrote:Thanks for your insights. Given Jacket program's history/tradition, I'll be interested to see which detail-oriented overachiever they choose to hire.
Well said
teampaul Wrote:I am sad to hear about Coach Frazier. He did a great job while he was here. He did a pretty good job bringing back the program however this was not that unexpected as I had said before in threads about this. Many around Middlesboro and the programs thought that he was a product of success, winning with a team built to win. They underachieved.

They had some talent but they are no highlands!

Bottom line this was a dirty way to do a man and his family. Furthermore a bad way to do the players, I know they all liked coach Frazier.

How much did the administration really ever help him? He basically had 1 asst. coach. Hard to cover all the details with 2 coaches.
watcher Wrote:I sure hope Middlesboro has a huge name to replace him. Like I said in earlier post I have lost all respect for the current leadership. What a joke!

It will not be a BIG name. It will be a middlesboro person with zero head coaching experience!! Wait and see.
Paper today.

http://www.middlesborodailynews.com/news...ball-coach

I agree the person hired will be friends of the super. This is not a good way to do a guy. Get out of Middlesboro, now.

I thought he showed alot of class in article.
Showed a lot of class in article.

Whoever the coach is will win next year, because of the hard work put into that program the past 4 years. Make no mistake, we will only see what kind of coach he will be the year after.

This is classic Middlesboro, hometown or highway.
Seems awfully late in the game to make a coaching change. Spring practice is on the horizon. Hate to see this happen when Middlesboro was on the right track
BandWagon Wrote:Seems awfully late in the game to make a coaching change. Spring practice is on the horizon. Hate to see this happen when Middlesboro was on the right track

Exactly. I had heard that some of the Jacket faithful were upset with 1-2 of the coaching decisions that (in hindsight) contributed to the Somerset playoff loss, but that game was played in mid-November.

If those responsible for this change really wanted to make their decision based on such petty/short-sighted reasons, they could have done so three months ago.
Coach Frazier your a top shelf man, may The Lord bless and guide you and your family!!!
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:They had some talent but they are no highlands!

Bottom line this was a dirty way to do a man and his family. Furthermore a bad way to do the players, I know they all liked coach Frazier.

How much did the administration really ever help him? He basically had 1 asst. coach. Hard to cover all the details with 2 coaches.

I agree it was not right for him to go out this way. The administration did not pick good timing by any means, and they are not showing any gratitude for the efforts Coach Frazier showed in turning the program around. For people not involved directly with the program you would think this is a crazy move however if you were more closely involved you would see there were a few problems with discipline, preparation, and conditioning.

This does NOT take away from how well loved Coach Frazier was and does not mean the players and fans don't still love him. But with almost any change in administration they're going to want to bring in their own guys.

I do disagree with the qualifications of the coaching staff though Bobcat_dad seems to see. They had Coach Frazer, and two other former head coaches on the staff. They had some very respectable and knowledgeable guys helping. Many would love a staff with 3 or more capable of being a head coach
Typical Middlesboro. They'll regret this move. Get a system established. Beat Bell. Finally some discipline brought to the program and then..... He deserves better. Good luck coach. You won't have to look far.
Wouldn't this decision made after next year?
They want the soon to b named flunky to look good this year b/c they will be pretty talented. IMO that is the reason of the timing.
http://www.middlesborodailynews.com/news...ball-coach

"Randy Frazier is no longer the head football coach at Middlesboro High School.In a surprising move on Friday, Superintendent Steve Martin met with Frazier and the two mutually decided to part ways, according to MHS Athletic Director Bill Jones.Jones declined to comment on the situation other than to confirm the rumor at Friday night’s basketball game. Martin was unavailable for comment late Friday night.Frazier said the school “wanted to go in a different direction.”"
Classless!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have no idea what this about,but it can not be about the kids or they would have fired the Girls basketball coach a long time ago.
cksportsfan Wrote:http://www.middlesborodailynews.com/news...ball-coach

"Randy Frazier is no longer the head football coach at Middlesboro High School.In a surprising move on Friday, Superintendent Steve Martin met with Frazier and the two mutually decided to part ways, according to MHS Athletic Director Bill Jones.Jones declined to comment on the situation other than to confirm the rumor at Friday night’s basketball game. Martin was unavailable for comment late Friday night.Frazier said the school “wanted to go in a different direction.”"

Frazier was going in the right direction....:truestory:
Very surprised by the decision in Middlesboro. After going 9-3, most places would consider that a successful season. How quickly they forget the seasons of winning 2 or 3 games. Must be something more to the story than just not pleased with the "direction" of the team.
Coach Frazier had a very good football team that should be even better next year, hate to see this. He's a class guy all the way.
Coach Frazier showed a lot of class in the newspaper article. Middlesboro don't deserve him. I feel so bad for his son. This will come back and bite the Middlesboro Administration. I still can't believe it. This was as low as it gets. I was told the Superintendent and the Assistant Superintendent have both been football coaches. I was thinking maybe these two may be wanting their egos stroked.
watcher Wrote:Coach Frazier showed a lot of class in the newspaper article. Middlesboro don't deserve him. I feel so bad for his son. This will come back and bite the Middlesboro Administration. I still can't believe it. This was as low as it gets. I was told the Superintendent and the Assistant Superintendent have both been football coaches. I was thinking maybe these two may be wanting their egos stroked.

Well we know this statement can be discredited as the Middlesboro Independent School District doesn't have an assistant Superintendent. So I don't see how he can coach football or stoke his ego if he doesn't exist.
insideinfo Wrote:I have no idea what this about,but it can not be about the kids or they would have fired the Girls basketball coach a long time ago.

Hometown guy.

You obviously are an idiot! Steve Martin and you and anyone else that don't think he did a good job needs to stop following football all together. That team had not won a district championship in 8 or 9 yrs. They have a very competitive district as well. There is no Pineville's or lynn camps in that district so to win it was a huge success in itself. Jason was the only real assistant he had to work with. Again, I would like to restate my previous opinion of you and your retarded comments. You are an idiot!

:igiveup::igiveup: get use to this it will return to the M'boro program soon
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next